Mozilla Firefox vs Google Chrome?

I'm been using opera since my introduction to it. Opera = Legend. :p

Opera

Last edited:
Opera, Safari and Chrome use pretty much the same rendering engine (they all used Webkit; Google forked the code last year because they wanted to get rid of lots of the specifically Apple/Safari code from it). Anyone going "Opera is much better than Chrome!!!" is dumb because they are literally the same thing past the UI.

Safari on my Macs; generally try to use Chrome on any Windows computer that I have...

Opera, Safari and Chrome use pretty much the same rendering engine (they all used Webkit; Google forked the code last year because they wanted to get rid of lots of the specifically Apple/Safari code from it). Anyone going "Opera is much better than Chrome!!!" is dumb because they are literally the same thing past the UI.

Safari on my Macs; generally try to use Chrome on any Windows computer that I have...

I find it easier to use Chrome on my macbook, just because it saves all the bookmarks across devices

till now used Mozilla And Chrome...

Found Mozilla Better

Planning To Use OPERA after seeing a lot of positive reviews about it..:thumbs

To me, there is no "best" browser to use and I think it's a silly statement to make.

It all comes down to which features you are looking for and what look/design you are looking for. Every person will have one they prefer for various reasons but that doesn't make it the best, it's just the one they like the most. Choose the one that offers what you want in a browser, don't let others tell you that so and so browser is the best, because it may not do things how you like. Objectively, there may be very slight speed differences between browsers, but it's almost imperceptible.

I like Chrome (especially being able to log in on any comp and get my bookmarks, history etc) but I do find it very memory hungry/leaky.

Yea the ability to log in at uni on any of the computers there and have my bookmarks and extensions all saved is extremely convenient.

43524688.jpg

then you'd be spreading a meme that's around five years old because the latest versions of IE are actually OK and actually are standards-compliant...

then you'd be spreading a meme that's around five years old because the latest versions of IE are actually OK and actually are standards-compliant...

Really? Companies hate using IE these days. The last two companies I've worked for, just run away at the sight of IE and have a favorite pastime of bashing IE.

Really? Companies hate using IE these days. The last two companies I've worked for, just run away at the sight of IE and have a favorite pastime of bashing IE.

IE9 did far better than its predecessors. Haven't had the chance to try/test IE10 yet but from what I hear it's on par with the other browsers. Of course, I'm speaking purely from the web development's perspective.

Users who are viewing this thread