My Batting Advice

I find its quite difficult to balance front foot or back foot selection for fast bowling. I usually just premeditate and hit front foot shots and only pull/cut the short ones. Playing fuller balls on the back foot often results in a catch.

The problem is that it's not very neutral, it's actually a fairly aggressive shot. For drives, the bat doesn't follow through fully, like an aggressive ground shot does, but it still is played with a lot of force.

I feel like the aggressive ground shot is a bit redundant because the "neutral" shot is aggressive enough as is.

The game would benefit with something between this current "neutral" shot and the defensive shot. Some way of just nudging the ball into gaps for 1s and 2s. The effectiveness would also be aided by reducing the fielder strengths.

I think that singles-doubles shot can be found with early or late timing of the neutral shot with decent placement.

I've found that with left handed batsmen when playing a shot on the off side (Left analog stick @ 11 o'clock & Right analog stick @ 11 o'clock) they sometimes slide wide to right hand side whilst playing the shot exposing all three stumps. This could be a controller issue maybe but i'm interested to know if anyone else has experienced this?

I thought that the left analogue stick just chose the choice of foot placement.
Does it choose placement too?

Shot placement is primarily determined by right stick but left stick (footwork) may have a bearing on it. E.g., a back foot shot may not have the same placement as its front foot ounterpart. Similarly if you play a shot with left stick up & left, the placement will be different if left stick is up, or up & right.

sort of. it's more to do with where the ball pitches, so if it's drifting down leg pushing the left stick slightly left will help, but playing it with the stick just pushed straight up or back is generally enough.

You guys have got it wrong it is not like pointing the direction for the shot play like you are holding the bat for example in ps3 hold right stick down and you will see that the batsman will hit a straight drive just like this push the right stick down facing a cover drive position and batsman will hit a cover drive play all shots in this manner

You guys have got it wrong it is not like pointing the direction for the shot play like you are holding the bat for example in ps3 hold right stick down and you will see that the batsman will hit a straight drive just like this push the right stick down facing a cover drive position and batsman will hit a cover drive play all shots in this manner

Try using a little punctuation please. I might then be able to understand your explanation.

My tips would be(I've done pretty well on career)-
1. Take your time at first - when I got a 26 ball 93, my first ten runs were singles and doubles, then when I started going after 'em I got more bat and better timing. When I try to hit first ball, I miss many times.

2. Look for the gaps and play your shots so even if you mistime it can fall safe and maybe even reach the boundary.

3. Don't be afraid to play lofted shots

4. Know your limitations, if you are weak against spinners, take singles of their balls and smash the fast bowlers and vice versa. Don't be afraid to play dots(in limited overs) if you can make it up next over. Eg- I played 3 dots of the first 3 balls then hit 3 sixes

Last edited:
Scariest thing is even if all his first 10 runs were 2's rather than a mix of 2's and 1's, then that means he's hit 83 off the next 21 balls all while claiming to be taking his time. That's 4 a ball for the last 21 balls.

Users who are viewing this thread