My Batting Advice

I get out a lot playing short balls off the front foot. I basically play front foot unless the bowler is banging them in short in which case I start on the back foot (and get yorked).

Same issues here. On career mode, judging the length seems well nigh impossible in time to do much. playing mostly front foot and getting a bit muddled by short deliveries. :(

One other slight thing I would add with regards to batting advice...give some attention to the hawk eye cut scenes in between each over. It's useful particularly for the pace bowlers. Some of them will bowl far shorter than others...even their good length balls will be more back of a length...then you can judge which foot to play off of to each bowler.

I believe if the Fielding side of AI is toned down then we would be able to judge the lengths of deliveries as the game speed is a bit 2x compared to all previous cricket games.

I dont think that foot choice matters much. Just stick to backfoot and you can probs play any shot you like. Even some yorkers can be hit on backfoot. Dunno what difference foot choice makes to shots on higher levels of game.

I was thinking I might try this, especially if you're in early on a bouncey pitch. ok, if you get yorked you're boned but playing short balls on the front foot sees you out to straight drives anyway.

Glad most people are experiencing front or back foot problems, makes the game challenging I suppose, some sort of slider to make the colour of the delivery show up earlier would probably be ideal. Then we could tailor it to our own reactions.

I was thinking I might try this, especially if you're in early on a bouncey pitch. ok, if you get yorked you're boned but playing short balls on the front foot sees you out to straight drives anyway.

Most short balls are ok to drive, it's just much later than you expect. Of course over shoulder height is no good.

... some sort of slider to make the colour of the delivery show up earlier would probably be ideal. Then we could tailor it to our own reactions.

I was just thinking this last night. Word for word.

In the career

* I usually struggle against the spinners :(
* Fast bowlers are good to play.
* Medium pacers get me now & then with the short ball. :(

My suggestions are:

* Never give chance to you AI partner. He just wastes balls & does not let you play enough. Be selfish. :thumbs

* Play on the foot you have chosen as your strength. Now & I then shift the foot.

* Look for gaps & hit it there. It usually works.

* Don't be afraid to go over the top now & then, especially in the One Days & T20s. The AI (after the patch) seems to be bowling lot of short balls. You might be able to get some 6's. (I just made 20 runs in the 1st over of a One Day, which involved two 6's).

My main problem when batting is not being able to see the ball properly. An option to increase the size of the ball ever so slightly would help a lot. Other than that issue for me it's gonna take a lot of practice, which is good. I love the variety of strokes you play in this, and hearing the sound of the ball on willow and finding a gap is incredibly satisfying.

Last edited:
Need some tips for playing spinners. I can play the spinners when they have long on and/or long off but as soon as AI brings in mid on & mid off, it becomes a struggle. If I continue driving the ball I end up spooning one to mid on or mid off.

Earlier I had some success playing sweeps and reverse sweeps but I've found out over time that you will lose your wkt if you depend solely on sweeps, as AI will either shorten the length or vary the pace. The quicker ball will get you LBW and slower loopier ones get mistimed and caught.

Playing sweeps works occasionally but AI picks on it if you play it too often or if it's your staple shot. If anyone has any tips to share regarding facing spinners with mid on & mid off in circle, other than blocking, pls do so.

Need some tips for playing spinners. I can play the spinners when they have long on and/or long off but as soon as AI brings in mid on & mid off, it becomes a struggle. If I continue driving the ball I end up spooning one to mid on or mid off.

Earlier I had some success playing sweeps and reverse sweeps but I've found out over time that you will lose your wkt if you depend solely on sweeps, as AI will either shorten the length or vary the pace. The quicker ball will get you LBW and slower loopier ones get mistimed and caught.

Playing sweeps works occasionally but AI picks on it if you play it too often or if it's your staple shot. If anyone has any tips to share regarding facing spinners with mid on & mid off in circle, other than blocking, pls do so.

I would suggest to go play practice match on legend difficulty against spinner and try to bat on areas other than mid on and off..Worked for me....After some practice you will know the amount of bounce and will be easier in shot selection....

I also hate this dude. This is what i do, if the ball is outside off i cover drive it for one or the odd 4. If the ball is short down leg i leg glance and short outside off i backfoot cut but make sure the ball is not on your stumps or LBW /bowled will happen. Anything on the stumps is defended back to the bowler.

It's not easy but if you do this for a short period of time the AI will move mid on and off away making it far easier to score. Good luck.:thumbs

I have to ask something with regards to playing spinners along the ground. I have tried various timing windows but I am yet to find the perfect window for keeping the straight drive on the ground. Is there no way to keep the bowling on the ground or Should we aim the straight driver more towards extra cover?

I have to ask something with regards to playing spinners along the ground. I have tried various timing windows but I am yet to find the perfect window for keeping the straight drive on the ground. Is there no way to keep the bowling on the ground or Should we aim the straight driver more towards extra cover?

No easy answer there as i also hit in the air sometimes, if there is no mid on and off then i don't care because the bowler drops like 70% of his catches.

PS Play late to every spin ball just becareful of the faster ball, easy to spot as the ring is slower.

Anyone care elaborating the ring ? what does really red / yellow / green means ? how to know if the ball is coming to leg or off ?

Users who are viewing this thread