My Batting Advice

Same here. I always go too hard and end up getting bowled out with bunch of overs unused. One of the reasons could be that playing a defensive shot or leaving the ball is as hard as playing a regular attacking shot that you decide to go with the attacking option instead.

I think it's more to do with our lack of patience than anything else. This happens to me as well. I general score about 170-200 on Pro but get bowled out between 25 and 30 overs.

How to play spinners advance down the wickets with aggressive shots ? I seem to miss every single one so I either get LBW or stum.

p.s is it front foot against good length / yorkers , back foot against short length ?

Thanks...

Last edited:
I think it's more to do with our lack of patience than anything else. This happens to me as well. I general score about 170-200 on Pro but get bowled out between 25 and 30 overs.

Agreed. It's more of a user issue.

How to play spinners advance down the wickets with aggressive shots ? I seem to miss every single one so I either get LBW or stum.

p.s is it front foot against good length / yorkers , back foot against short length ?

Thanks...

I hardly ever play 'advance down the wkt' shot coz you will get out if you miss the ball.

Thanks...

I personally play everything against spin on the front foot. It's mostly about playing it late you need to really wait before playing your shots to them

I do the same. I can't understand how spinners can be played from the backfoot.

I am yet to see a spinner bowl a short ball (red colour). It should be possible to play off the back-foot to short deliveries. I usually defend all deliveries heading towards middle-stump (considering the drift) or off-stump. Anything on leg-stump or outside off gets smashed.

I usually sweep the ones on middle stump unless there are fielders in circle on both sides of the wicket. I then defend but in case the mid off or mid on is missing I drive straight. Block is usually my last option against spinner. I have never blocked against pacers.

This could be the craziest thing I ever read on here.

I would say that in the Justice League of fielders the bowler is the one with an S on his chest. And there is no kryptonite

Totally different for me - bowlers drops more than 50% of C&B chances. In fact drops the majority but he gets so many chances as can dive 20 foot in either direction !

...the best one is when you hit a beautiful cover drive and the bowler is 4/5th's of the way straight down the pitch on his follow through and dives across to field the ball... at f%&king COVER to stop the run happening.

Is it me or all (or most/or some) members feel that the game simply resists you in career mode after you have made a certain score? Last night I made 105 in a One Day after which I wasn't able to get the ball on bat that easily, let alone get scores. Same thing happened when I made 100+ in a test. & during all this my fatigue was minimum & confidence almost full.

I don't think I'm playing the same game as you...

...as in you've never played a cover drive, or never seen the bowler regularly perform circ du solei on his follow-through to stop a run happening?

Is it me or all (or most/or some) members feel that the game simply resists you in career mode after you have made a certain score?

Good question, one for @BigAntStudios I would say. I've quietly wondered whether that's the case as well, it's pretty difficult to get consistently good back-to-back scores over 50 that's for sure. Don't know whether it's a built-in thing but in my T20 career, for example, I'll start off with a decent knock of about 20 odd, then usually I get a 50 in my second or third match, but can NEVER get another one... always getting out in the 20's again, then 40's again later on (near the end of the season, I'm almost always only batting for 3 or 4 overs in T20 matches and getting a few not outs in the process).

It's just interesting, because it does feel like the game hates you after you've made a decent score, especially if it's in the first-innings of a 4 day match in career mode... that second innings score is a real chore to get to 20+ especially power-shots, they tend to "loop up" even more than usual for the fielders.

...as in you've never played a cover drive, or never seen the bowler regularly perform circ du solei on his follow-through to stop a run happening?

I've played cover drives, but I don't recall ever having seen the bowler move more than a metre off the pitch to stop a ball. If I'm honest I have never really seen any fielder do anything "super human" apart from a couple of diving catches that I have seen in real life.

I've played cover drives, but I don't recall ever having seen the bowler move more than a metre off the pitch to stop a ball. If I'm honest I have never really seen any fielder do anything "super human" apart from a couple of diving catches that I have seen in real life.

You definitely arent playing the same game as us then.

Or..

More likely you view of reality is scewed.

Given your sense of humor (as observed from this forum) I'm inclined to lean heavily toward the latter ;)

Oddly I think that apart from the bowler the fielding seems a bit better post patch, despite ross saying they didnt touch that aspect.

The fielders are still able to turn and chase down a ball hit over their head that is on the way to the boundary and catch it via a leap that looks to be about 3 metres. But they dont seem to ever catch shots close in, like silly mid off or short leg and they drop others occasionally.

The bowler is absurd though. As someone said somewhere else ... the bowler should field virtually nothing thats hit back at him at pace and catch that even less.

Good question, one for @BigAntStudios I would say. I've quietly wondered whether that's the case as well, it's pretty difficult to get consistently good back-to-back scores over 50 that's for sure. Don't know whether it's a built-in thing but in my T20 career, for example, I'll start off with a decent knock of about 20 odd, then usually I get a 50 in my second or third match, but can NEVER get another one... always getting out in the 20's again, then 40's again later on (near the end of the season, I'm almost always only batting for 3 or 4 overs in T20 matches and getting a few not outs in the process).

It's just interesting, because it does feel like the game hates you after you've made a decent score, especially if it's in the first-innings of a 4 day match in career mode... that second innings score is a real chore to get to 20+ especially power-shots, they tend to "loop up" even more than usual for the fielders.

I noticed something similar to what you have said above, only that it was not in a T20 series or a series with same format of matches. I made 105 in a One Day match and then went on to play a Four Days match. The AI resisted my form in the 4 Day match as well. So I am guessing that if you play well in one match, no matter what format follows next the AI would prefer that you under perform. Or at least that's what it feels like.

Users who are viewing this thread