My Batting Advice

And yes , IT IS FRUSTRATING! and let me tell you, no matter what YOU CANNOT COMPARE THIS ANOLOGUE STICK CONTROL OF THE BATSMEN to A REAL WORLD SCENARIO.

The analogue sticks are damn frustrating - tell you what, I have been patient enough, I have been playing the whole of last week so far. Sure enough I understand the basics, footwork, line and length , camera angles, ball pace etc. But it is still frustrating batting game play.

I am now more interested in how the BigAnt team decided on this approach especially for consoles as the resolutions are lower than that of the pc and it's hard to predict the ball coming in - it is not like when they decided on using the anologue sticks to make these split second decisions they experienced just like batting in the real world to them - this is a game, why make it so hard? This is simply frustrating.

I am using a PS3 controller and I know my analogue sticks.

Anyone got any advice for playing v spin? I literally don't recall the last time I scored a run against spin. I got my highest career score recently of 30 all off quicks, out to the first ball faced against spin. I get the need to play very late I just keep playing the wrong line

Well after 3 and a half days they had to bring on some spin to test you out.

Now play straight and please don't worry about the bowler as he drops almost all of his own bowler.

This is almost exactly the opposite experience I have observed over .. 50 odd games. I think the bowler may have dropped 2 catches and never missed a single diving fielding attempt.

----------

Anyone got any advice for playing v spin? I literally don't recall the last time I scored a run against spin. I got my highest career score recently of 30 all off quicks, out to the first ball faced against spin. I get the need to play very late I just keep playing the wrong line

Are you using LAS to move side to side or just forward and back.

I like playing spin because its the only time I feel like im actually playing how its meant to be played. Theres time to choose front or back foot and also to push the stick off to the line of the delivery..

That said I get out a fair bit because I try to put them over the ropes every time :)

Try to play late that part is correct, also initially try to play towards mid-off and long-off that worked for me. Initially I was in same situation, especially when bowling change happened from fast to spin. I used to either miss balls then I would go for sweeps but there also you can survive 3-4 shots only then fielder is placed by AI. So I tried to play as late as possible to fine tune exact time for moving RAS. Now I am very comfortable against spin. Yesterday in T20 I had hit 6 sixes in row (pro difficulty), 1st 2 long off, then fielder comes in there so next 2 long on, again fielder comes in there so last 2 on fine leg.

5. Personally I find the sweep a bit unreliable so don't use it a lot in the longer game. Its more a OD or T20 shot for me.

Agreed. Especially when you have the square leg inside the circle, even if the sweep is slightly mistimed, the super-human fielder takes the catch. If there is no square leg, it is a relatively safe shot to play (unless the ball is straight and full into your pads). Also, if there is no one at point, even reverse sweep is a safe shot (again if its not straight, full into the stumps)

I have been playing against Bangladesh (and its army of left arm spinners). What works for me is defending all the deliveries that are coming towards middle and off stump. I wait for a bad ball, eventually they will bowl one full, outside off and I get under it and smack it over extra cover for a boundary. Also, I score a lot of runs when mid-on/mid-off are inside the circle by going over the top when the ball is bowled at good length. Key is to ensure the ball is in your hitting zone (good length), wait for it (play it late) and smack it over mid-on / mid-off or play aggressive ground stroke if they are behind.

Last edited:
And yes , IT IS FRUSTRATING! and let me tell you, no matter what YOU CANNOT COMPARE THIS ANOLOGUE STICK CONTROL OF THE BATSMEN to A REAL WORLD SCENARIO.

The analogue sticks are damn frustrating - tell you what, I have been patient enough, I have been playing the whole of last week so far. Sure enough I understand the basics, footwork, line and length , camera angles, ball pace etc. But it is still frustrating batting game play.

I am now more interested in how the BigAnt team decided on this approach especially for consoles as the resolutions are lower than that of the pc and it's hard to predict the ball coming in - it is not like when they decided on using the anologue sticks to make these split second decisions they experienced just like batting in the real world to them - this is a game, why make it so hard? This is simply frustrating.

I am using a PS3 controller and I know my analogue sticks.

The annoyance of all the caps aside I dont really understand what you are trying to say.

Certainly its difficult. I think it needs a bit more notice on the length of deliveries to help decide. Also perhaps pro should have lateral footwork assistance then veteran have none.

I dont have time to decide what shot to play other than leg or off side and perhaps hook a bouncer when playing real pace. And even then I get it wrong a fair bit in my panic. However, I think that might be realistic. I havent faced any real 150+kph deliveries but I imagine you dont have a hell of a lot of time to sit back and contemplate your choices.

The thing I dont follow is why you are going on about the analogue sticks. What is it you want instead? The dpad and buttons? That would be terrible.
This is kinda funny too "I know my analogue sticks" They are the things that stick out, hard to miss em.

I think you're spot on about playing certain kinds of shots. I've not played any cuts or shots to third man because I simply can't get into position in time. Any short ball and I'm in trouble. I find you have to play so early that I can't even change to block or leave without premeditating.

I think you're spot on about playing certain kinds of shots. I've not played any cuts or shots to third man because I simply can't get into position in time. Any short ball and I'm in trouble. I find you have to play so early that I can't even change to block or leave without premeditating.

In my opinion we all play differently as Ross said, what works for me is fine for me but my only advice and i am not great at the game is play to your strengths.

I love the short ball as my eyes see red real easy so the front/back foot pull is perfect for me. I get out bowled a lot because i get bored of scoring on the onside and just want to cover drive/cut a ball on the offside and i love scores of 40s. I must have had 30 so far and i am not kidding.:facepalm

PS Barmy when you do score your first 4 or runs of a late cut you will be over the moon. I have scored only few times as the AI love straight or down leg.

Don't play any cut shots! You'll feather it to the keeper more often than not! I've found playing forward to be a better tactic against spin.

Don't play any cut shots! You'll feather it to the keeper more often than not! I've found playing forward to be a better tactic against spin.

Normal cut is ok as i score runs easy with it but stay away from the late cut as the keeper catches almost everything.

PS for Bigant and all this talk about making the game easier i say no but if you can make edges not always go to the keeper. I would love to see a 4 or runs scored down to third man area as it's very rare and 4s no way.

Normal cut is ok as i score runs easy with it but stay away from the late cut as the keeper catches almost everything.

PS for Bigant and all this talk about making the game easier i say no but if you can make edges not always go to the keeper. I would love to see a 4 or runs scored down to third man area as it's very rare and 4s no way.

I've had quite a few late cuts for four to quicks, a handful to spinners, but on the whole a late cut to a spinner usually results in being caught behind.

I am really struggling with the batting. I have got my timing set for the defensive shot, and feel that it is easier just to hold on to R2 at all times so I have got an element of the required action done before the bowler gets to his delivery stride. In about 10 innings, my best score is currently 5*, but this is mainly due to getting inpatient. This is why the batting on this game is so good though, and very realistic to real life. If you try to premeditate a shot, sometimes you will get away with out, but it is very high risk, just like in this game.

If anything, by failing to succeed at the batting, it only grows my appetite to get better at it. So next time I play it, I will aim to be a bit more patient.

The annoyance of all the caps aside I dont really understand what you are trying to say.

Apologies if you are annoyed. Maybe if you read again , you will see that I am annoyed too, hence the expression.

This is kinda funny too "I know my analogue sticks" They are the things that stick out, hard to miss em.
[

Nothing to do with sticking out, to clarify - simple, I know how to use the analogue sticks.

There should be some other way - like being able to judge the length of the ball (besides the circle).

Apologies if you are annoyed. Maybe if you read again , you will see that I am annoyed too, hence the expression.

[

Nothing to do with sticking out, to clarify - simple, I know how to use the analogue sticks.

There should be some other way - like being able to judge the length of the ball (besides the circle).

The coloured circle and ball trail provide enough assistance, I feel. The next step would be a marker on the pitch which is the opposite of what Big Ant are trying to achieve.

[

You still don't make any sense. How does the analog sticks relate to youry inability to judge length?

As I said it's hard when it is coming at you at 150kph... But it should be. At 120 it's not very hard and at 100 it's easy. Just like it should be.

Do some more practice.

Users who are viewing this thread