My Batting Advice

On Pro, I seem to have mastered the block and default analogue stick shots along the ground. One thing i can't seem to get right though is the cut shot to off-field on a spinner. This is just impossible as the bat never gets anywhere near the ball! Its easy to hit it behind past the wicket keeper with a late cut diagonally back. However, playing a cut shot completely horizontal to the batsmen is impossible in the game.

One other thing i can not seem to master is hitting a six, sometimes it just works and goes for easy sixes, however more then 70% of the time you always get caught on the boundary :D Very hard to know when to play six and when not too! :thumbs

Anyone has any not so straight-forward tips?

You need to use lateral foot work. You are trying to cut a wide ish delivery you need to step into the ball. Push the Las toward the line of the ball. ie top right for rhb

Can anyone tell me how to play the the slog sweep against a spinner in DBC 14? There is a conventional sweep to square leg but I cant find the slog sweep to mid mid wicket....Does that shot exist in this game?
Another thing is every time u step out with R1 the batsman seems to loft the ball in the air. Is there a way to play the advanced shot on the ground?
Anyone? :spy

In career mode while playing spinner i am even getting edges to the keeper, while trying to block the delivey, i try to play as late as i can, am i doing anything wrong

In career mode while playing spinner i am even getting edges to the keeper, while trying to block the delivey, i try to play as late as i can, am i doing anything wrong

Maybe you are playing too late or not covering the line of the ball. If you misread the flight of the ball and play defensive shot down the wrong line, you may end up edging it.

I dont think that foot choice matters much. Just stick to backfoot and you can probs play any shot you like. Even some yorkers can be hit on backfoot. Dunno what difference foot choice makes to shots on higher levels of game.

My main tips are
1. Play everything off the front foot
2. Play everything in front of square
3. Play normal shots. Do not get greedy and hold L2 unless you are set (in other words you have 30+ runs and you still need to hit over the fielders. Never take on a fielder already on the boundary)

How do you play a normal sweep shot to a spinner? Tried with L1 but then it just played the scoop shot and got caught by fine leg.

How do you play a normal sweep shot to a spinner? Tried with L1 but then it just played the scoop shot and got caught by fine leg.

For sweep you need to move right stick right. If you accidentally press right and down, the batsman will play a scoop shot.

I have question for those guys who do not premeditate foot movement and are successful at pro level, how do you guys play the game this way? I can pick the line of ball but I just can't pick length quick enough for me to judge my front/back foot movement. So I have to premeditate the foot movement. This takes a lot of fun out the game for me. I have made a few fifties playing mainly of front foot but I absolutely want to know how you guys manage to play without premeditation.

I agree with Sixsmasher, play everything off the front foot, it does change to back foot if you play a cut or pull. Use L2 to view field. This helps avoid run outs. I played Sri Lanka last night in a T20, they batted first and I restricted them to 132-6. Knocked them off with 3 overs to spare and 5 wickets down, playing as England. Mainly didn't need to slog, take singles where possible and hit 4's without needing to hold L2. Playing on Pro and getting better at batting. It's all about knowing the field and timing. Don't try to play a shot that is not suited to the line and length.

I'd love to know if anyone has managed to bat for a whole day in a Test match. I'm about to start a one off Test with Zimbabwe against England on PRO and i'm aiming to bat for the whole day and I don't even care if I score at a snails pace. I'd imagine batting for 90+ overs in this game requires immense concentration :yes

Not in test it was a shield game in career 103 overs ! Took 2 evenings and a few brakes ! It's exhausting lol but fun

Is LAS suppose to be for back/front foot? I havent been able to figure it out.

I bat with the broadcast camera with inverted batting controls.

Is LAS suppose to be for back/front foot? I havent been able to figure it out.

I bat with the broadcast camera with inverted batting controls.

Consult the manual and or the practice match

I have question for those guys who do not premeditate foot movement and are successful at pro level, how do you guys play the game this way? I can pick the line of ball but I just can't pick length quick enough for me to judge my front/back foot movement. So I have to premeditate the foot movement. This takes a lot of fun out the game for me. I have made a few fifties playing mainly of front foot but I absolutely want to know how you guys manage to play without premeditation.

I totally agree, I'm not quick enough to get front or back foot right against pace bowling, if I try I get in a right muddle, so I have to pre meditate every time, which does take a bit of realism and fun out of batting.

Users who are viewing this thread