My Batting Advice

I've found that with left handed batsmen when playing a shot on the off side (Left analog stick @ 11 o'clock & Right analog stick @ 11 o'clock) they sometimes slide wide to right hand side whilst playing the shot exposing all three stumps. This could be a controller issue maybe but i'm interested to know if anyone else has experienced this?

@Jadel: No.

Using the Running Cam made it easier for me to observe the direction & speed of the ball immediately after I play the shot. This way, if I hit a ball directly to a fielder, the next ball (or next time I face a similar ball) I can make minor amends to the shot direction to avoid the fielder.
This was way difficult when I had used Broadcast cam because of the discontinuity brought about by the immediate change in perspective to a broadcast view (a little disorienting at times).

You haven't really stated which running cam you are using. All you have said is that you have changed running cam from "Broadcast" to "Running Cam", which doesn't make much sense. Are you using "Fielder 1", "Fielder 2" or some other cam as running cam?

Batting on pro is still painfully unnecessarily difficult. It is nigh on impossible to keep the ball on the ground, and there is no set metric to determine what makes it go in the air or not. This takes the fun out of batting for me. I mean I should have the option to play the ball on the ground if I so choose, If i misjudge the pace of the delivery and I am dismissed fine totally my fault, but for whatever reason I just can seem to keep the ball on the ground. Unless there is something I am missing, if it is I am missing something how can I only play the ball on the ground? Help......

Last edited:
You are missing something. Timing.

It is super hard. No argument from me but if you time it correctly it won't pop up in the air.

You are missing something. Timing.

It is super hard. No argument from me but if you time it correctly it won't pop up in the air.

I suspected that was it....oh well i just have to practise some more.

Not sure if this has been discussed before. I have been facing a similar frustration with batting where you intend to play the ball in a particular direction, give the correct control input but the ball goes in a different direction (at times in the air).

But recently after a lot of heartburn yesterday, I decided to change this to "Running Cam" & guess what - managed to successfully chase & win a T20 against Veteran AI (with their batting innings simulated) - one of my first games at this difficulty. Then played a couple of online matches (won both) & wore out the opposition with a few chance-less innings. Also went on to score 68 (36) with my career batter (batting all-rounder on Pro mode) without any aggressive / aerial stokes. Now I find it much easier to play the ball around the ground - esp. to the offside. Earlier, I had relied a lot on the flick shot to the on side to get a major chuck of my runs. An added advantage was that I could also judge the timing of the shot given the speed with which the ball traveled off my bat. (All this without impacting my ability to judge runs). Looks like my batting will see some good days going ahead.

Thanks for sharing. Now that you mention the fact that you found yourself playing the flick shot to the on side I realised that I have been doing that as well. I'm definitely going to try using the running cam and hope that I can join you in making some vastly improved shot selections and scoring.

I've found that with left handed batsmen when playing a shot on the off side (Left analog stick @ 11 o'clock & Right analog stick @ 11 o'clock) they sometimes slide wide to right hand side whilst playing the shot exposing all three stumps. This could be a controller issue maybe but i'm interested to know if anyone else has experienced this?

I'm having same problem.

Batting

How come sometimes i play a forward defensive or attacking stroke and my batsman plays no shot?:eek:,is it better to plat with broadcast camera or batsman camera?

Batting on pro is still painfully unnecessarily difficult. It is nigh on impossible to keep the ball on the ground, and there is no set metric to determine what makes it go in the air or not. This takes the fun out of batting for me. I mean I should have the option to play the ball on the ground if I so choose, If i misjudge the pace of the delivery and I am dismissed fine totally my fault, but for whatever reason I just can seem to keep the ball on the ground. Unless there is something I am missing, if it is I am missing something how can I only play the ball on the ground? Help......

Last Night, on Pro - 20/20 :)

imgur: the simple image sharer

How can running camera solve trimming issues? I also have problem playing along the ground all the tine with ease but I don't understand how running camera. An help solve the problem? Can anyone shed some light on it?

How can running camera solve trimming issues? I also have problem playing along the ground all the tine with ease but I don't understand how running camera. An help solve the problem? Can anyone shed some light on it?

Thanks Laxidd.. it really helps if you start playing.. u will know how to time the ball depending on which way to hit...For eg if your hitting straight to the fielder.. u just hit a little late to avoid the fielder...

Batsman Confidence while batting

Hi

to see the batsman confidence while batting in career mode, press the right arrow button on the ps3 controller. Press this before the bowler begins his run up.

It will show you both the bowlers and batsman fatigue and confidence.

I haven't been able to locate a confidence meter anywhere in career mode.
before the bowler bowls press the right arrow key on the controller, you will see both the batsman and bowlers fatigue and confidence:cheers

Thanks Laxidd.. it really helps if you start playing.. u will know how to time the ball depending on which way to hit...For eg if your hitting straight to the fielder.. u just hit a little late to avoid the fielder...

I have no idea how they are related either. The explanation there doesnt help clear it up.

Hi

to see the batsman confidence while batting in career mode, press the right arrow button on the ps3 controller. Press this before the bowler begins his run up.

It will show you both the bowlers and batsman fatigue and confidence.

What other secrets can you reveal about the game?

Users who are viewing this thread