MySQL question

omkarjere

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
OK I am currently learning PHP & MySQL now what I wanna know is whether there is a program for creating MySQL I am using WampServer and it lets me create the DB's in DOS window I need a software for this. any suggestion ?

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
OK I am currently learning PHP & MySQL now what I wanna know is whether there is a program for creating MySQL I am using WampServer and it lets me create the DB's in DOS window I need a software for this. any suggestion ?
I don't understand what you mean. If you mean GUI, you should get phpMyAdmin (if it was not already installed). It's a web-based administration panel for MySQL.

frankhack

School Cricketer
When You instal wamp ,u will automaticaly be installed MYSQL.But if you want to install your self everything seprately,then download MYSQL,PHP,APACHE from the Home site of the software....

In wamp creting DB is simple...

Step1.after u installed fully[including restart],Right click on system wamp tray icon ,there u can see lot of option.To crete DB go to PHPMYadmin page...

Step2.As soon as u enterd u can see a Insert space with Crete DB button....

Step3.Name ur Db ,click crete DB button...

Step4. Thats all you created a DB in MYSQL....But if u want to add username,password,Then go to privillages>edit>Define ur username password,,,And set acces level....

Step5.When u want to connect,,Enter folowing,username,pw,Host[Mostly localhost Even if u set in the other server],DB name......

omkarjere

International Cricketer
What I actually want is a MySQL console with mouse support. The guy who teaches in tutorial vidz is working on MAC so his one is called Terminal for Windows there is a direct link to MySQL console in WAMP. But the problem is its like plain DOS no mouse support so whenever I want to add something and have done it previously I press UP arrow key and that command appears but while editing that if by mistake I press down/up arrow key then a new command appears. Hope u understand :p

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Do you have WAMPserver? If you do, phpMyAdmin should have been installed. You can click on the WAMPserver icon and choose phpMyAdmin. Otherwise, I would suggest that you install "MySQL GUI Tools" which is a graphical user interface to MySQL databases provided by MySQL. It does have some limitations, though, that phpMyAdmin would be better for.

Users who are viewing this thread