NatWest Series 2005

Who will win the Natwest Series 2005?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
anyone saw kaif`s superb catch to dismiss Fleming in the 20-20 tsunami match at the Oval ? It was as good as Collingwood`s catch !

Coming back to today`s match, I feel the Australians will win this one. Symonds and Lee will make a huge impact .

I prefered Sinclair's catch on the boundary against Australia over Collingwood's catch, or even better than those McGrath's catch!

None of them triumph Bichel's catch in the FICA World XI vs. New Zealand 10-10 match(I think-or was it one of the One Dayers...)...

England Vs. Australia 5th Match Natwest Trophy

Australia making a cautious beginning. Australia are 43/0 off 8 overs. Gough bowling well.

aditya123 said:
Coming back to today`s match, I feel the Australians will win this one. Symonds and Lee will make a huge impact .

I bet on England to win this one again making it two out of two in this Natwest series against Australia!

Gilchrist gone!! G. Jones takes a superb catch, diving high to his left and catching the ball at second attempt. Australia 44/1. Tremlett gets the wicket. Ponting next man in.

EDIT: Australia 61/1 now. 12 overs. Hayden 31*

95/1 last time I checked...run rate was 4.7 something...so I am guessing about 21 overs?

Uh-oh, Double Strike! Now 102/3 off 22 overs...

Go England!

266-5

Pretty good position for us.

Symonds out run out byy a super through from trescothick. Martyn also hit about 70. Symonds 73.

Trescothick in general did well in the field, Gough bowled well, Tremlett did ok comparing he went for 17 off his first 2 overs.

I loved Gough's impression of a ghost when woosie Watson came out :d

*banter*! :boxing

Australia hav made a good start - England 4 for 1 in 5th over :)

10-3!!!! excellent bowling looks like the aussie bowlers are finding form again

England have lost the game now, 8 down and two bowlers at the crease, it seems England have got a few problems despite winning the early games i still see problems with the team.

1. Jones has not done anything special for a long time with bat or gloves and today nearly dropped a sitter which would have cost us even more dear. IMO Prior is a far better batter than him and deserves his chance, so too does Read for that fact as Jones is simply not ODI material

2. Flintoff is BADLY out of form after his injury despite scoring runs today he hasnt done anything special with bat or ball since coming back from the injury

3. The batting order is a mess, one game Solanki is batting at 8 the next he's in at 3, what is going on? IMO Collingwood should be in at 6, with Pietersen and Flintoff both above him, Trescothick, Strauss, Vaughan, Flintoff, Pietersen THEN Collingwood he is a finisher not a stayer

4. England are struggling with the ball, Gough is not producing the wickets he used to, Harmison is the only one at this point who has looked dangerous, Tremlett and Lewis have both been tried and despite taking wickets against Bangladesh, neither have done anything against Australia (except for Lewis but that was Twenty20)

5. The tail batted better than any of the top order!!!!!!

Last edited:
even being a kent fan, i can see Jones being dropped in ODI, he hasnt performed enough, but they should stick with him in the tests.

Yes for the tests they should but he is simply not doing anything worth being picked for the ODI's, he should go back to Kent and play some more OD games as he is simply not up to the standard at the moment. Prior should be given a chance as he looks to be in good nick at the moment with the bat and he also has a safe pair of gloves too. I say give Jones one more chance in the next game and if he fails, he must go.

5th Match

Toss: England

Australia 266/5 (50 ov) (Symonds 73, Martyn 68*)
England 209/9 (50 ov)

Result: Australia won by 57 runs

Users who are viewing this thread