New Patch now available for PC, PS4 (1.07) & Xbox One (1.0.0.8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am ideally timing a lot, which makes the lack of boundaries very frustrating.

Well, GrK is telling me there's an issue with the feedback incorrectly showing ideal for some offside shots.

On default speed ideal timing for an offside drive should be just after halfway, or just before halfway with speed slider maxed. (although that's just from testing on my pc. Might differ slightly for slower/faster machines)

So, having played around 100 overs or so, of T20 and ODI, Batting and Bowling, with the new patch and I'm quite happy to say that my overall experience playing the game has been extremely positive.

Positives

-The Batting Experience - Was frustrated with it initially, primarily because the reflexes had been accustomed to the initial shitty Ashes experience. Like everyone, was not timing correctly. But into the second match, when I told myself to let the ball pitch and wait for, did the magic happen. Them straight drives. :yes Also, I had to tone down the Modifier pace to 56-66( Playing Austalia - England). This gave me a bit more time to react to the delivery after pitching. The Batting Feedback is still a bit of a mess. So had to turn it off.

-Batting AI - Yes, as mentioned by many, the AI behave in a more Human manner now. With good bowling you can stop them to an extent. But in the next over they may overcome you with wit by scoring through the gaps you left unguarded. Got some fantastic edges. In a match Spinners were more effectively as the surface was crumbly with the ball spinning square. Death bowling is a joy too. You miss, AI will hit.

-Left Arm Slow Bowlers came round the wicket to the Right-hander's and Vice-Versa. This has been happening a lot more often now. Something I have been asking for some time now.

-I feel something has been done to the ball trajectory as well after the ball pitches. It seems to be carrying a tad more. Could be placebo. But I'm sure it's not.

-Less direct hits.

-Fields change a lot lesser.

Negatives

AI Batsmen Mood Swings - So, in an ODI match, in the 26th over or so. AI weren't exactly getting bogged down but scoring only in singles/doubles with 2 set batsmen. Out of nowhere, the batsmen started to hoick, loosing 2-3 wickets. Moeen Ali came in and started hoicking as well. Lucky he didn't get out. From the next over he started playing according to the match condition and scored a hundred. Played some fantastic shots though.

Field Options - Some of the basic field presets still not present. For example, Four man offside, a slip, A third man and a deep fine leg, is not present. A Fine Point option is also not available,which is almost 95% used when spinners are bowling, so can't even set manually. This department is still lacking a lot.

Batting Feedback- Still incorrect at times.

Human Bowling - Is overall nice, apart from the already fixed missing swing.

All in all, the patch is of course fantastic. I'd like to extend my thanks to the whole beta team, who've provided the Cricketing knowledge, the BA Team desperately needed. :thumbs

England's session after they dropped a couple of early chances as Australia decided to bat on a soft dry pitch..Wood was brilliant! Fast and dangerous while Anderson and Broad provided early swing. Controversy though as Smith decided not to review!

Original music by me.

As in the old joke where someone on a New York street asks "How do I get to Carnegie Hall?", the answer is "practice, practice, practice". I've been batting most of today, and I'm slowly getting the new timing right. It takes a lot more concentration than the old way.

Indeed, after being 30-6 after 20 overs I've managed to recover to 70-6 after 35 overs with a recovery from Maharaj and Philander, I'm thoroughly enjoying the challenge though, I would much rather a game be challenging than too easy

Had just stuck the man in at gully. What a grab!

Scorecards for the match:
wBJTlfs.png

Played on a crumbly wicket, bowled as both sides. Think it deteriorated just a tad. :lol

That SL scorecard is a @Langeveldt dream. ;)

Last edited:
Can anyone please confirm to me that they've noticed there is no sound from the AI bowler's end anymore? I'll file a bug report if it's not just me .

@Dutch Apologies if you've mentioned before, but what else do you select for HUD settings (apart from disabling batsmen timing) when using Pro mode? Also, what field camera do you think works best for it. Thanks.

It is really good patch overall, but still miss lot...
I like to see aggressive shots gets air time... Even late and early shot travel at ground level... Let's make it little trick and force us to play ideal shots more to keep ball on the ground (I still like the DBC 14 version of aggressive shot)...
Also I like to see more range per shots... 99% of time early, ideal and late shots all goes in middle of the shot range... I like to see early and late shots goes in the edges of the shot range...

What is the size of the update? My keeps downloading and the size is keep increasing from 22mb now to 1.3gb now

@Dutch Apologies if you've mentioned before, but what else do you select for HUD settings (apart from disabling batsmen timing) when using Pro mode? Also, what field camera do you think works best for it. Thanks.
I use the pitch marker and the ball trail as i find picking up the ball up quite tricky....I am using the pro ca feilding camera as well....but am still getting used to that...so mostly fielding camera 1 i think....

The key idea is to get less shots in ideal zone, irl rarely do people play ideal shots all the time even in the best of their form plus this movement of window also made it less premeditative. If you give it some time would like it a lot imo for test play. It takes a few days to relearn the muscle memory.

That said with regards to six hitting, i have been able to knock a few but i do agree it is tough at hardest mainly for limited overs were you need to hit quite a few sixes to stay in game, but since it cant be differentiated for t20s or tests i think a balance between two has been struck.

That said i also noticed it being a tad too tough for online at legend cause of online syncing timing is even harder to get i think.

I think its best for people to give it a week and then take a call.

Yes I will use this angle myself , and give it a good go before laying judgement.

For what it's worth, AI v AI on veteran, in the swingless build, I watched England 460 all out without a lot of reskilling.

The mentalities were really shot like Cook being aggressive. I changed them beforehand.

What specifically do you think needs tweaking? I think judgment and footwork can go down a bit for some of them. Cook for example now isn't quite a wall IRL.

It's really exciting the depth we have to play with. Proper fantasy league stuff.

I just hope there isn't another build that messes things up if we find a sweet spot here. I hope the online boys get what they want without wrecking the progress we have made until now.

I can tell you that the Online Boys are fuming a bit , as currently we look like a bunch of arseholes who have never played cricket when trying to play a Pro20 on Legend.

Might need to drop a difficulty or two down in the hope of the timing window opening up, but with that we then see the colour of the ball even earlier but have to wait, and wait and wait a bit more before playing.

Its going to be a tough one to adjust to, I wonder if everyone will persevere.

If a different timing window for limited overs could be devised , I think that would be gold.

Currently I think the game is best suited for the longer format.

Yes I will use this angle myself , and give it a good go before laying judgement.

I can tell you that the Online Boys are fuming a bit , as currently we look like a bunch of arseholes who have never played cricket when trying to play a Pro20 on Legend.

Might need to drop a difficulty or two down in the hope of the timing window opening up, but with that we then see the colour of the ball even earlier but have to wait, and wait and wait a bit more before playing.

If a different timing window for limited overs could be devised , I think that would be gold.

I had earlier suggested gameplay modifiers validity for online gaming also.
Like offline , online games can b adjusted according to user liking.

Like the classic control option in match creation screen , gameplay modifiers toggle switch can b added for the host( host modifiers settings can be used for both players).

Earlier when the game was released these gameplay modifiers were used as an exploit as they were not same for both the user.

The above is a easy way out for the developer I think.
Otherwise it's just would be to difficult to cater so many different demands and liking.

Why would you look like a bunch of arseholes playing a game that’s been made harder?

Surely you just look like a bunch of lads playing a game and getting re adjusted to it?

As is everyone? Not you personally but why is there always an image thing with the online crew?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread