New Q&A With Producer Jamie Firth

If they could fix the online bowler speeds aswell, I'd now be able to play with more countries like SL, India etc against good players online.

AI feild placements !! they must fix them! i go crazy when i see both long off and long on back and every one inside 30yards. i dont think that will ever happend in cricket even if you ball a spinner in a ODI, withing first 10 overs :doh

!! one more + about the upcoming patch is, after seeing the patch i am sure our pc boys would have a better idea how to patch the game !! hopefully

actually quitting and getting a loss will still not completely eradicate the quitters. A quitter knows that he/she is going to lose and then quits. So if he is losing, he will quit. The way to reduce quitters is to incorporate penalties. If someone quits in the first 5 overs, then they get 4 losses, if during the last 5 overs then 2 losses etc.

Only have these in ranked matches so that the option is open to players who are playing against buddies and leaving the match is cordial from both parties.

I am pretty sure it is easy to see whether a connection was lost, or someone used the quit option in the menu.

actually quitting and getting a loss will still not completely eradicate the quitters. A quitter knows that he/she is going to lose and then quits. So if he is losing, he will quit. The way to reduce quitters is to incorporate penalties. If someone quits in the first 5 overs, then they get 4 losses, if during the last 5 overs then 2 losses etc.

Only have these in ranked matches so that the option is open to players who are playing against buddies and leaving the match is cordial from both parties.

I am pretty sure it is easy to see whether a connection was lost, or someone used the quit option in the menu.

You sound like you are on the right track there.

For console it's more complicated. Each platform has its own requirements for "Title Updates" and they have to go through a submissions and testing process, just like a boxed game.

That's so true, even for a free platform like PSN. Dylan Jobe (head of the studio that made WARHAWK) said the exact same thing. Just the way it is for consoles...but that doesn't mean the games can't get regular patches. Even after all the troubles Warhawk ended up getting 3 patches that fixed the gameplay in the course of 2 years its been out.

^ i think it will replace the executable itself, because something tells me all the AI & scripting is in the executable itself. Though i may be wrong.

^ i think it will replace the executable itself, because something tells me all the AI & scripting is in the executable itself. Though i may be wrong.

then we would have a big file to download :doh my downloading speed is 14bpm max

What if the connection is not 'lost' but you are getting terrible lag which is making you lose wicket after wicket ?
This has happened to me a few times and I have quit because, quite simply, it would be ridiculous to continue.
A better idea would be to have some sort of 'connection compatibility' test like they do on 'Pro Evo' before you even start a game. This would cut down the bad lagging quitters significantly.

What if the connection is not 'lost' but you are getting terrible lag which is making you lose wicket after wicket ?
This has happened to me a few times and I have quit because, quite simply, it would be ridiculous to continue.
A better idea would be to have some sort of 'connection compatibility' test like they do on 'Pro Evo' before you even start a game. This would cut down the bad lagging quitters significantly.

dude the lag is same for both players so u shud not quit since circumstances are same for both sides

Users who are viewing this thread