New Zealand in South Africa

Who will win the 5 match ODI series?

• South Africa

Votes: 30 57.7%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 22 42.3%

• Total voters
Maybe they could do well with getting in the Zulu given that he is in form.
When in form he's pretty deadly.

But yeah there have been funny rumours about a misunderstanding between Klusener and Smith .

i believe new zealand are very strong at home and they can be a very challegning team as we have showed that by beating good teams in the last 2 years.

i hate to say this but we maybe starting to enter our bad form stage, i really hope we dont and i hope the new zealand selectors choose cairns for our next series v australia and i hope they include some new faces

Last edited:
Cairns always performs against Aus. He is such a good exponent of that slower ball. Always gets out an Aussie with it.

aussie1st said:
Cairns always performs against Aus. He is such a good exponent of that slower ball. Always gets out an Aussie with it.

well he didnt have a good time in the icc champions trophy against australia last year.

also against australia this year in new zealand he didnt really perform as expected against australia,

I agree with m_vaughan that the ICC must do osmething over here.
The series will then favour only one side here.
The Delhi police must not go into the details of the match fixing scandal now that Hansie Cronje the culprit* has passed away.

*South africans need not feel offended by this post

Just talking about New Zealand and South Africa,I think it would be a good idea to have a cricket version of the tri nations rugby,with SA New zealand and Australia.Would be a great series.

m_vaughan said:
How about a Lions tour in Cricket?

lions tour would be england, wales, ireland and scotland v Australia or new zealand or south africa

jazz said:
lions tour would be england, wales, ireland and scotland v Australia or new zealand or south africa
And considering the England team is already a combined England & Wales team, there isn't much point.....

Ireland and Scotland would need to actually get to the inernational level before a Lions tour can be done. Its not going to work with no name players playing for the Lions.

andrew_nixon said:
And considering the England team is already a combined England & Wales team, there isn't much point.....

Ooh. A chance to correct Andrew! :p
'England' or more accurately the MCC is already a combined England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland team. Eligibility is based on whether you are British or have a British relative.
Here are some famous (and not so famous) Scots who have played test cricket for England:

Douglas Jardine - captained England during bodyline
Mike Denness - captained England in 19 tests
Peter Such - 11 tests for England
Gavin Hamilton - 1 test and 5 ODI's for England

Any Irish or Scottish player could thus be called up for the Pakistan tour tomorrow (I recommend Craig Wright).

Users who are viewing this thread