New Zealand in South Africa

Who will win the 5 match ODI series?

• South Africa

Votes: 30 57.7%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 22 42.3%

• Total voters
lol, hes definatly a bunny. Dunno about the last. I can think of a fair few.

The Bangladesh and Zimbabwe number 11's are probably better.

lol yeh

Collymore, Collins & Langeveldt are three i can think of. but i think Martin takes the cake

Its underway. Bond the only bowler with a wicket. 5 overs from him, looking good (apart from the 3 no-balls and 3 wides, thats definatly not like him, he usually doesn't bowl that in an entire match). A run out is the other. Vettori more expensive than usual. It is early in the innings, must be experimenting, giving the bowlers short spells. Martin hasn't made a good start. That Ontong dude is a talented player, he has a 50.

Why the heck isn't Papps in the team. Thats made me a little confused. I thought Bracewell said he was using specalist openers and that does not cover Marshall. Surly Papps would play in the practice if he was in the team. Also where is Astle? I hope hes only being rested and its not an injury/been dropped. Then again why would we drop the in-form batsman of the year. That reminds me, who are we going to drop for Oram? Thats a very hard decision. I guess it has to be Martin or Franklin. Oram will need to bowl a lot of quality overs for that to pay off though. Styris and Astle are in such great form. Otherwise we would have to open with Fulton which hes never done which is a bad idea or else Fleming who doesn't like to open. Damn, what an annoying predicament.

EDIT: Good stuff, now after lunch we get ball by ball.

Last edited:
Yes, once he went three years without scoring a Test Match run!

Last edited by a moderator:
Was Ontong the dark African selected ahead of Rudolph, who was about to make his test debut, that time in Australia as a result of the quota system requirements, or something along those lines?

Well whatever he is, hes out now. Maybe an arguable decision according to cricinfo.

I do remember him being in the squad for vs Aus

EDIT: LOL why do I use Maybe so much.

Last edited:
This is disgraceful. 3/355

Stop experimenting and bowl the bowlers properly. 10 overs in an entire day for Bond, come on. This is pathetic. I expected this innings to be over by now.

If we had of taken Astle he could of gotten a wicket. We need his inswingers and outswingers.

You kiwis look to be in big trouble. Vettori bowled 24 overs, you would expect him to have a wicket by now. Bond looks to be the only threatening bowler NZ have. Franklin is dependent on the swing.

Just read in the paper that its a batting paradise. They did win the toss. So maybe not soo bad. Still a few more wickets would have been nice.

Doesn't surpise me that, but still NZ do have a problem in the bowling department right now. If Oram can come right then they will have 3 strike bowlers. Martin and Franklin are 50/50 players right now. If they bowled to their potential NZ's bowling lineup would be pretty good but sadly both are very inconsistent.

genghis_khan said:
wow Bond got hammered in the 81st over!!

20 runs off it :eek:
wat game is this, therez nothing on cricinfo.com

It's a tour match between the Rest Of South Africa and New Zealand, and it is featured on the cricinfo live commentary section, look to the right of the main page where it says 'Live Scores', and it's listed there.

genghis_khan said:
wow Bond got hammered in the 81st over!!

20 runs off it :eek:

I don't know why hes only bowled 10 overs and bowled an extra few overs in extras. Its not like him. Take away that over and hes been good however. I have my fingers crossed that he doesn't have some kind of injury. We know its a great batting surface though. Damn, if only we could of given our openers some time out in the middle first.

We will bowl better in the International. This game means nothing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread