New Zealand in South Africa

Who will win the 5 match ODI series?

• South Africa

Votes: 30 57.7%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 22 42.3%

• Total voters
James219 said:
It's a tour match between the Rest Of South Africa and New Zealand, and it is featured on the cricinfo live commentary section, look to the right of the main page where it says 'Live Scores', and it's listed there.
Found it mate thanxx. NZ getting hammered.

donkey said:
Found it mate thanxx. NZ getting hammered.

not good is it :(

I bank on us not losing it still. Theres 3 more days. They won't bowl us out twice unless theres something majorly wrong here. If we can get the rest out quickly mabee a chance at the win, but its only 4 day.

EDIT: Ok, I am really worried now, Bond isn't opening the bowling this morning. It would suck if he was out of any of these tests. Suck reallly bad. Luckily I havn't heard anything about him yet so fingers crossed hes just being given a light workload.

Last edited:
id say its just a light workload, he is injury prone and is obviously pivotal to NZ's chances in the internationals.

FINALLY! The 250 partnership comes to an end. Now, we need to take command.

And just as I say thing, Martin gets a second. Jacobs.

If Bond bowled 5 wides, 5 no-balls he needs more time to get into rhythm.

If the conditions for the first test don't point to the ball swinging, then they should leave out franklin. He only got 8 wickets in the WI series and 7 of them were in the Wellington match. If Astle gets left out I will be very unhappy.

-> Chris Martin VS South Africa:

http://statserver.cricket.org/guru?...edhigh=;csearch=;submit=1;.cgifields=viewtype

Very impressive. Even scored his highest batting score. LOL!!!

And I think we should give How a few overs with the ball. He bowls off spin part time domestically. Its mabee a good idea to give him a few overs to see what he can do.

Wow a few more down now. Close to the end of the innings. Still no Bond. You know, im worried hes got a virus again. Mabee food poisoned like Ponting got? Weird. he wasn;t himself yesterday, something was troubling him.

On a positive note, Oram is looking fantastic. hes finally got a wicket, hes conceeded 1 run from 6 overs this morning for his wicket (sounds like a funny catch too from one of the top slips). And a run-out.

And McKenzie is out, finally. Good innings mate, thanks for giving us some good practice. They won't get too many over 400 hopefully. Lets see how our batting does. Come on Papps, put on a good show.

Another one bites the dust, dun dun dun dun. Kruger gone now. Much better performance this morning. 1 more to get, they might not break 400. Bowler rotations are going nicly, especially without Bond.

Last edited:
Bond was having a little knew trouble, so hes been pulled from the match. Apparantly he is fine though and its just a precaution incase it gets worse. I knew that there was something wrong.

Good to see Fleming blitzing them. 96 off 96. Fulton providing fantastic support. The openers are still a problem. I would get rid of How, hes not performing. Papps was a bit disspointing but thats his first chance. I hope we get to bat a second innings.

Fleming has transformed into an attacking batsman in recent years, wonder wats the deal. Same like Asle he is so unpredictable. I hope NZ win this series that'll lift India to second spot.

Unpredictable is right. Fleming just has his days I guess. Like that Retired World XI team where he hit that hundred. Hes usually better when he plays his attacking game.

Dear me, musta been something in the air this morning. Lots of wickets. Apart from Fleming and Fulton thats a dissapointing scorecard. Get Astle back. I really wish we could drop How and send someone else up to open, it would solve a big problem.

And I don't think Martin has ever faced this many balls before. Go Martin!!! lol. Stick in there for McCullum. He could smash a very fast hundred with a little luck.

Last edited:
OMG!!!! Mark this day down in cricketing history. Chris Martin hit two fours. And they wern't edges through the slips. WOW! New High Score!!! 9 so far. Keep it up, you might get a 50.

EDIT: Infact this game won't class as an International :( Dammit, hes in such hot form.

Last edited:
irottev said:
OMG!!!! Mark this day down in cricketing history. Chris Martin hit two fours. And they wern't edges through the slips. WOW! New High Score!!! 9 so far. Keep it up, you might get a 50.

lmao wooooooooo!!! Go Martin!!!!! :D

Hes sticking in there for McCullum, McCullum has really raced up towards 100. Great stuff. Good to see him in form.

We may end up in front. Who woulda thought. Bond probably won't bat.

Also its good to see that Smith is back for the first test.

I found this in Ask Steven cricinfo thing quite appropriate.

"three other players have played in 99 Test matches - Jacques Kallis, Shaun Pollock and Stephen Fleming - but that should change on Saturday (April 15), when all three should win their 100th caps when South Africa take on New Zealand in the first Test at Centurion."

100th test for three players at Centurion. Will be quite interesting to have three in one test getting to 100.

Last edited:
He should, if he makes the starting line-up for the first match, since it's 50/50 chance if he does.

Would be nice to see Dale Steyn being tried in Andre Nel's place if he isnt fit for the match either.

Maxkarter said:
Would be nice to see Dale Steyn being tried in Andre Nel's place if he isnt fit for the match either.

That would be fantastic. After how I saw him bowl against Australia. We would get pleanty of runs :D

irottev said:
That would be fantastic. After how I saw him bowl against Australia. We would get pleanty of runs :D

lol Jaques smacked him for 25 runs off one over at the dome...and Steyn also got Roy out in the same over!! :eek:

Yep, very eventful over, I don't think he bowled for the remainder of the match either, if I remember correctly.....

Users who are viewing this thread