New Zealand in South Africa

Who will win the 5 match ODI series?

• South Africa

Votes: 30 57.7%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 22 42.3%

• Total voters
Cant wait for some cricket actions its only been rugby here and well I have to say quite boring now!. This series will be fun, we are equally matched and both sides have excellent players in their squads!. On the test side I have to agree we Saffers are quite boring but were trying to build on our youth side, whats Australia gonna do without Glenn, Shane and the others?. On the ODI part well what im thinking, were really not getting the recognition we deserve! please correct me if im wrong including the two Jacques Kallis benefit matches we are at the moment 17 games unbeaten in the ODI (thats ofcourse the winning streak) ah well this is only in my eye

Hope this series will be good entertaining cricket!

Wow Chris Harris could make the team the way hes playing for NZA.

Let New Zealand win. and by the way, which team are you?

I think you guys are overestimating Bond's abilities. Sure his a good bowler but just at the oppostion he bowled against, Zim and India -Sachin & lets face it India are pretty woeful away from home(with the execption of the world cup)
I'm confident SA will beat NZ in this Series just look at their last tour to SA, they got thrashed.
Good bye boys!!

well that was the past! anything is possible in the future as you all may know! South Africa will play good one test and it will feel that they are actually the best side in world and one day they play so bad! that everyone will think , geez why isn't Zimbabwe ranked higher than him?

But im looking forward to this series

Both are evenly matched sides so its going to be intresting but I think New Zealand will have the edge.

lukedapuke said:
I think you guys are overestimating Bond's abilities. Sure his a good bowler but just at the oppostion he bowled against, Zim and India -Sachin & lets face it India are pretty woeful away from home(with the execption of the world cup)
I'm confident SA will beat NZ in this Series just look at their last tour to SA, they got thrashed.
Good bye boys!!

Actually he bowled just as well vs good teams like South Africa and Australia before injury. Considering he is bowling as well if not better as before he is not being overestimated at all.

Prepare to be dissapointed when you lose. A lot has changed since the last time.

New Zealands are one of the best teams in the world today, and they have got a good allround team with depth in batting world class fielders and plenty of bowling options mixed with expierenced players and youths.

New zealand will win the one dayers. They have a very good one day side. A well balanced team with depth in bowling and batting . SA will have to rely on their match winners like smith,kallis,gibbs(if fit) and kemp with the bat and Ntini with the ball.

New Zealand ODI squad
1 Stephen Fleming (Capt) 2 Daniel Vettori (Vice Capt) 3 Andre Adams 4 Nathan Astle 5 Shane Bond 6 James Franklin 7 Hamish Marshall 8 James Marshall 9 Brendon McCullum 10 Craig McMillan 11 Kyle Mills 12 Jacob Oram 13 Jeetan Patel 14 Scott Styris 15 Lou Vincent.

? Cricinfo

New Zealand have named their ODI squad. They dropped Chris Cairns. it looks like they want him for the worldcup and they dont want to over use him

I feel Chris Harris deserved to be included. Mabee he needs more time but he looks in great form for NZA. Better then Franklins. If he doesn't make the team think of how perfect he is as a supersub. If we bat first, he can bowl, pick up a wicket or two and give away very little runs. If we bowl hes a good batsman who can guide us home on the run chase. The rule was made for him.

To top it all off he has 250 ODI's worth of experiance.

---Just read that he can't throw the ball properly after surgery. What a shame.

Last edited:
I think New Zealand will take this out. They are my pick for the next World Cup, and with Bond back, I think they have the right ballance of strike bowlers bowlers (Bond, Vettori), bowling depth, class bats (Fleming, Astle, H. Marshall), and powerful hitters (McMillan, Oram, McCullum).

South Africa for mine haven't really had any players taking great strides of late. They are a better ODI outfit than Test outfit, but I don't really rate em that highly as a one-day side either.

Users who are viewing this thread