New Zealand in South Africa

Who will win the 5 match ODI series?

• South Africa

Votes: 30 57.7%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 22 42.3%

• Total voters
just what we needed 4 quick big wickets.

with 6 overs remaining i will be happy with chasing 150-160

EDIT- pollock out

5 wickets down, will south africa collapse?

Oh deary me, south africa have crumbled. They would settle for 150 now surely.

That Patel guy looks promising. also where is Vettori?

vettori is most likely being rested, which is a good decsison after he just returned from the super series

excellent bowling by astle

N Astle, 4 overs, 0 maidens, 20 runs, 3 wickets, 5.00 runs per over

Edit- 8 wickets down

Last edited:
133 AO, cant believe that after the start.

Very impressed with Patel, great control and kept scoring down. Astle did a solid job too.

Another question, where is styris?

styris is playing, him and oram just didnt bowl

south africas last 9 wickets went for 49 runs :eek:

Stunning collapse from the Saffies, good work by the Kiwis. Should be a NZ win now, unless...

ok weve lost 3 wickets, but hopefully we need a solid partnership

Smith for pr!ck of the century! What was he thinking bowling himself? Anyways good on NZ for winning, brilliant bowling by Nel, keeping things alive for us, until that 'unfortunate' over.

New Zealand has won the match! It was really funny in the end.

Smith was bowling and he gave away 21 runs (!) in his over, including a no ball six of McCullum. He just could have easily given the ball to Langeveldt, Ntini or Pollock, since they had overs left.

But it was great batting by Smith himself though.

I hope he gets the Man of the Match award.

The funniest thing was Boucher celebrating Oram's wicket off the free hit :D . Very puzzling decision by Smith to bowl himself at that stage of the game; more or less handed NZ the match.

I lost count after the firs six, I just knew that bowling himself was suicide... he could have also given the ball to Morkel.....

Man of the Match is JS Patel. He got 3-20. Astle got 3-20 too. Personally I would have seen someone else being Man of the Match.

Users who are viewing this thread