• South Africa

Votes: 30 57.7%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 22 42.3%

• Total voters

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
On SkySports too, so watch that then the Pakistan tour!

Pakistan games will start fairly early though.

prasharry2k5

School Cricketer
i don't care about this series but i would love to see only two things.
1. Bond Vs Smith
2. Fleming Vs Nel
I wonder why Bond was not picked for the Row? As Gavaskar had commented the team was selected beforehand and at that time Bond was still recovering so they thought why take a rusty fast bowler. I was optimistic of watching Bond bowl with Shoaib. Amazing prospect it would have been.

irottev

School Cricketer
The first practice game has completed and New Zealand came out on top, obviously.

Unfortonatly electrical storms forced the platyers from the field with 7 overs to be bowled in the second innings so the DL method was used and New Zealand won by 19 runs.

The Nzers were obviously experimenting. Fleming opened the batting (which didn't work) instead of Vincent, Oram and Styris sat the game out to try all the bowlers out.

McMillan was the main destoryer with 105 from 106 balls. James Marshall made a great 64 and Admans smashed 32 runs of 18 balls at the end.

Henderson bowled the best with 38-5 off 10 overs.

All New Zealand bowlers bowled well by the looks of things apart from Patel who was too expensive. Bond diddn't get a wicket by gave away very little runs again. Between the bowlers they only got 4 wickets but more would of fallen in the last 7 obviously.

I bet the NZ team will be very annoyed they couldn't test out some death bowling strategy.

jackrussell

Banned for account faking
why is patel in d squad when they have vettori n wiseman?

irottev

School Cricketer
jackrussell said:
why is patel in d squad when they have vettori n wiseman?

Vettori is bowling in the Super Series. Although he may as well not of bothered in the test since he never got to bowl many overs :/ was a waste of time taking him.

Patel is young so they are trying him out. Hes been far too expensive for my liking, hopefully he improves. Wiseman is more a test bowler also.

irottev

School Cricketer
New Zealand have thrashed South Africa A by 103 runs. NZ were sent in to bat first on what seems like a bowlers pitch. New Zealand made 231 with a century from Fleming off 115 balls. Kyle Mills pitched in down the order with a quickfire 47 runs no off 48 balls. The best of the bowlers for SAA was van der Wath with 4-31 off 10 overs.

Shane Bond picked up a 5 wicket bag from just 6 overs of bowling although conceding 37 runs. Mills, Adams and Astle also contributed a wicket a piece with two runouts from both Marshalls. South Africa A only managed 128 runs from the 33.5 overs which they survived. Ontong the supersub got 37 runs which was the most from one played.

Good to see a few inform NZ players :D

Paelleon

School Cricketer
South Africa will have to fight hard for this one.

NZ are the slightly better team on paper; but only in terms of depth. In almost any team they field, they have 11 pretty good players. SA has a few superstars, some of the best all rounders in the world, one or two of the best bowlers, and a few of the best batsmen. Not quite Aus, but we're working on it. What SA lack is consistency, and a team of 11 decent players (normally only 6,7; with the remainder made up of sometimes on, mostly off all rounders).

Add to that the bad blood between the two teams [with some black cap antagonism in the last series, and South African short-sightedness, and schoolboy antics in response] and you have a series red hot and ready for the anvil.

Boring ... Damn me - this is going to be hotter than anything cooked up on the sub-continent in ages. And it aint going to be one-sided like almost anything involving Aus, or indeed as dull as most of what England produced prior to the Ashes.

Two of the best teams, fairly evenly matched and looking for blood.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
NZ have the goods in ODIs. They have all rounders all over the place. Big hitters, and now with Bond back their bowling attack is much stronger. SA will need to lift.

jazz

Panel of Selectors
Excellent start by south africa in the pro 20 match

New Zealand need a wicket badly

Users who are viewing this thread