New Zealand in South Africa

Who will win the 5 match ODI series?

• South Africa

Votes: 30 57.7%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 22 42.3%

• Total voters
irottev said:
I beg your pardon? Thats harsh mate. Thats a disgusting attitude.

ok maybe i was a bit to harsh after i saw adams innings

irottev said:
Did I even mention SA will have to survive Bond.

we cannot keep relying on bond too heavily, he can be at times a pretty ordinary bowler, new zealand shouldnt put too much pressure on him if they dont want him to get injured again

Last edited:
New Zealand 249/8. Not bad score. At the moment it's South Africa 62/3 (14.0 ov)
Kallis was disappointing again with his duck.

And for now New Zealand are favourites to win it.

What a thriller :eek:

South Africa require another 3 runs with 3 wickets and 8 balls remaining

Kemps Out :eek:

3 runs of the final over needed, Langeveldt and Boje :eek:

South Africa win! :eek: :)

Last edited:
good win for south africa, im bit clueless with flemings tactics anyway good batting by kemp and pollock

new zealand now will have to work hard for the 2nd match

Brilliant stuff! But you would have to say, after Pollock hit that six and we only needed 3 runs, why did they continue to slgo like that? That aside, amazing stuff! Well worth the time I spent watching it. Hopefully the rest of the series will be as big a thriller as this match was!

Good match, close as I'd thought and hoped it'd be. Sets up the series well, let's hope for more close matches to come. I'm a bit confused as to why Pollock, Kemp and (almost) Boje got out going for big shots when less than a run a ball was needed in the last couple of overs.
Anyway, well done SA, bad luck NZ. Looking forward to the next one :cool:

EDIT: Posts crossed Max :rolleyes:

How did we win that! How did we almost lose that!
What batting by Kemp once again,he saved us today.
Our players are not in the best of form and are lacking match practice,but we made it.................just.It looks like we're having a good run in ODI's.

A great close match. South Africa won't win another one. Hopefully Oram and Styris can get rid of these injuries quickly. I can't believe we didn't take Cairns.

we cannot keep relying on bond too heavily, he can be at times a pretty ordinary bowler

He is NEVER an ordinary bowler. That first over today was a shame really. But he was attacking from ball one. I suspect he was going for the yorker. Hard to do first up. That yourker to finish was a beaut. And the lbw.

I think South Africa's fielding won them the match in the end. But anyway despite our loss. Vettori, Patel, Mills actually bowled very well.

Bit of a upset this. Guess that home ground advantage was enough.

Considering Oram and Styris have injuries, I am surpised Cairns wasn't brought in. His batting alone would get him into their side. Bowling I haven't seen lately.

aussie1st said:
Bit of a upset this. Guess that home ground advantage was enough.

Considering Oram and Styris have injuries, I am surpised Cairns wasn't brought in. His batting alone would get him into their side. Bowling I haven't seen lately.

Cairns is more of a Bowler nowadays who can come in late and bludgeon the ball when its his day. The thing is they bat him far too down the order and he never gets a chance to come in. Hes expected to come in at 6 and get in immediatly and smash it. Cairns's slower balls would of been fantastic in that innings and he would of had pleanty of time to get in. I think its unfortonate that he got left out. His statistics vs South Africa are really really good. Despite not being in good form. I guess it wasn't such a bad decision, but since Styris and Oram can't bowl its a bit of an annoyance. Anyway I thought NZ bowled reasonably. Just needed 10 extra runs or else having those two 5wide deliverys erased from the first over.

I also think Harris would of been gold in that match, almost perfect conditions for his bowling and batting also.

Heres Cairns's Stats:

from 31 games:
Batting Average: 38.04
Bowling average: 34.54

http://statserver.cricket.org/guru?...edhigh=;csearch=;submit=1;.cgifields=viewtype

Its going to be a close series but I have faith and confidence that NZ will win.

Great win for South Africa. Kemp turned the match once again.

And here is another great news for South Africa. I hope South Africa's bowlers can benefit from him. Off course I hope of his experience in bowling, not in his running between the wickets.

Donald joins South Africa coaching staff
http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/222934.html

Sureshot said:
15 ODIs unbeaten for RSA if the stat on Sky was correct :D

It's right. I tried to check this with Pollock's innings during past year.

The run started with a tie against England. You have to scrape away the Afro-Asian Cup and Super Series matches. I also see the No Result match is counted in this.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread