New Zealand in South Africa

Who will win the 5 match ODI series?

• South Africa

Votes: 30 57.7%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 22 42.3%

• Total voters
Excellent bowling from Ntini so far. 2 big wickets. Home side are on top atm.

EDIT: Maybe Styris has something to say about that. 2 cracking boundaries!

im not liking this, new zealand are scoring way too slowly for my liking, this might go down to the wire

What are they doing? They can finish the game. Only 83 runs left.

Current Partnership: 26 runs, 10.4 overs, RR: 2.44

New Zealand RR: 4.18
Required RR: 3.86

Don't worry NZ have this one in the bag. They are one of the best chasers in World Cricket. 80 off 120 balls with BB McCullum, Vincent, Oram, Vettori and co shouldn't be a problem. Just as long as they don't lose all those guys in a quick space of time.

Their slow play won't really help. Oram is just out.

New Zealand 124/5 (30.3 Ovs)

New Zealand need 78 runs

i have a big feeling we will lose this

if we lose they mite aswell pack their bags, they wont win 3 in a row

If they don't win this, I don't know how they will win. Vincent is playing really slow after his assault early on.

Just as I typed this above McCullum is stumped!

Now they're in trouble.

Just after the wicket Vincent hit a four and two runs. All depends on him now.

Now Vettori is out! Runrate isn't the problem; wickets are.

New Zealand 137/7 (34.2 ov)
New Zealand require another 65 runs

Last edited:
Damn we had that game in the bag util the umpires ****ed it up. The stumping was an extremly harsh call, from what I saw on TV, the batsmans foot was the slightest over the line when the bail had been dislodged and stumps properly fully borken. Then Vettori gets given the finger when he never even hit the ball. After those 2 we had lost it. We bowled extremly well. Vincent played an absolutly fantastic innings. He made it look easy on a shocking pitch to chase on. I'm wondering if the ICC need to do something about it. Its almost a case of the toss winner wins the game reguardless.

Anyway we will win the last three games and take the series. I still can't believe we were beaten by SA. We outplayed them in both games it was just poor catching i nthe first and a few dodgy umpiring decisions also with a lack of a second batsmen for Vincent to partner with in the second. We have deserved both. Oh well thats cricket I guess.

For NZ Oram needs to slip down after McCullum. He can't bat for ****. How he is viewed as a better batsman then Marshall (either of them) I will never know. Hes so terribly overrated. When he starts bowling again hes handy. But not a specilist batsman.

Something has to go our way at some point this series surely. Zero luck.

irottev, Why cant u believe ur team was beaten by SA? arnt SA good enough?
What u mean zero luck, NZ threw away both games and that stumping was out, no doubt.

irottev said:
Anyway we will win the last three games and take the series

im sorry but wake up, face the facts we are not a good batting side, the last 2 matches have shown that

you honestly think we will win the last 3 games? good luck to you

why play oram in the team if he cant bowl? he had a poor batting game

for me only 3 players played their heart out for new zealand and they were vincent, mills and styris

we need chris cairns back and we need 2 or 3 new faces in the lineup

we wont win this series now, do you know how hard it will be to beat an inform south africa in south african conditions?

all our main batters failed except for one, which is not acceptable anymore

i havnt seen us bat and set totals over 250 for a long time now

south africa are much better than us in all departments

and in test macthes where just poor, i think we would struggle against the windies in test even bangladesh?

irottev I'm wondering if the ICC need to do something about it

what do you mean the icc need to something about it? every team gets bad decisions it not just us

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread