New Zealand in South Africa

Who will win the 5 match ODI series?

• South Africa

Votes: 30 57.7%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 22 42.3%

• Total voters
New Zealand isn't that bad. You have also take into account the great record that South Africa has on that stadium.

The first two ODI matches were very close. New Zealand could have been 2-0 either.

About the pitch. There have been consitant low scores and trouble for the second batting side. They could always play day games there? I don't know what their policy is on suitable pitches.

I have faith unlike you. SA are NOT a better side. They have been lucky. I am a bit bitter here at the moment and I agree that we threw the games away. As Fleming said, we lost the games rather then South Africa won them. We are capable of a lot more. At the moment we arn't playing the best cricket.

I realise its hard toi beat SA at home. We have never done it before. Its a huge advantage. But I think we will win the last three. I am sure Fleming and Bracewell can lift the team. When Fleming spoke after the game he still seems confident that they are in with a chance. I am not like you jazz. I have faith and hope in my team. I don't go and say we have lost the series. Its still alive. We only lost by the tinyest of margins.

And to luke. South Africa ARE a good team. But I think this NZ team is the strongest we have had for a while (had they taken Cairns even stronger). I just can't believe when we have totally dominated both games that we ended up losing by letting it slide late in the second innings each time. I thought we were a very good side at controling the game and pacing ourselves. Apparantly we are a bit rusty.

irottev said:
I realise its hard toi beat SA at home. We have never done it before. Its a huge advantage. But I think we will win the last three. I am sure Fleming and Bracewell can lift the team. When Fleming spoke after the game he still seems confident that they are in with a chance. I am not like you jazz. I have faith and hope in my team. I don't go and say we have lost the series. Its still alive. We only lost by the tinyest of margins.

first thing is first south africa are a much better team than us, im not really bothered if you agree or not, i do support new zeaalnd but im telling you facts now you honestly believe new zealand will win the last 3 games, ok we will see what the outcome of the series is soon.

im certain even bangladesh would of chased this target down today

ZexyZahid said:
The first two ODI matches were very close. New Zealand could have been 2-0 either.

Thats exactly right, and exactly why the series is still alive. The next pitches may suit us better. We just needed to deliver the finishing blow but didn't.

I also don't think Vincent, Mills and Styris were the only ones who tried. Thats ridiculas, just because they had the best results. The whole team gives their best I would hope. Vettori and Bond also performed well with the ball. Oram tried hard to get in but wasn't skilled enough. McCullum is a better batsman when Oram in my opinion. He should be given the promotion. He was unlucky with the stumping. If you disagree with both me and the cricinfo editor then thats your call. It looked like he had just a small portion of his shoe behind the line when the bail had been FULLY DISLODGED. A few pictures the TV showed were of the stumps being moved by the keep but still had ther bails on. In the event of ANY doubt it should go to the batsman. It was a harsh call. An important call. I can forgive the umpire I guess, it was difficult. He was a South African so perhaps his instinct leant towards them. Who knows. The Vetorri catch was a poor decision. And it happens. I'm not in favor of the technology for decisions, it happens I accept that. Was just a piece of bad luck for us. And I think we have had some bad luck. We should of done better though.

jazz said:
first thing is first south africa are a much better team than us, im not really bothered if you agree or not, i do support new zeaalnd but im telling you facts now you honestly believe new zealand will win the last 3 games, ok we will see what the outcome of the series is soon.

im certain even bangladesh would of chased this target down today

Your a shocking supporter. Your that guy from England right? Don't call yourself a NZER with that attitude. Go support South Africa if you have no hope.

And I disagree. Remember 5-1 at home for us last time. Another bummer for us. Would of been nice to keep them losing at the start of the series. So thats 5-3 so far from the last 2 series plus that World Cup win to us also is 6-3. The teams are very even but I would say NZ are better. The stasitics back me up. Wheres your back up?

irottev said:
Your a shocking supporter. Your that guy from England right? Don't call yourself a NZER with that attitude. Go support South Africa if you have no hope.

And I disagree. Remember 5-1 at home for us last time. Another bummer for us. Would of been nice to keep them losing at the start of the series. So thats 5-3 so far from the last 2 series plus that World Cup win to us also is 6-3. The teams are very even but I would say NZ are better. The stasitics back me up. Wheres your back up?

firstly why are you lookin at the past?

look to the future and at the present, no one cares now that we have beaten them in the world cup and back in new zealand last year, its all about now and we are not winning 6-3 we are losing 2-0

if you want to go back in the past go back a couple of years before 2000 and you will see how many times SA have beaten new zealand

atleast i can admit when we are not performing well, you just keep sucking up and saying 'oh we had bad luck today or the umpires where gainst us'

the fact is our team needs to have changes whether you like it or not

i mean you will probably say tomrrow we can beat england and australia

We can beat both Australia and England. Bangldesh against the odds beat Australia. Whether we will be able to consistantly win or not is a different story. Looking at the present we lost 2 games against South Africa by the smallest of margins. 19 runs and with 3 balls left to bowl by 2 wickets. The games were close. South Africa are not WAY better then us. At the very most I would say we are on par with them at the moment.

Heres a question for you. Are England a better team then Australia. They won the ashes in the present? Come on answer me that. And if you say England are better your even more of a fool then I already thought you were.

irottev said:
Heres a question for you. Are England a better team then Australia. They won the ashes in the present? Come on answer me that. And if you say England are better your even more of a fool then I already thought you were.

of course england are not better than australia, just because they have won 1 series against them doesn't make them better than australia

same applies for us just because we beat south africa last year it doesn't mean we are better than them

south africa have won 11 matches in a row, they performing much better than us, i think one can say they are much better than us

and i think your the fool thinking we can win the last 3 matches

jazz said:
of course england are not better than australia, just because they have won 1 series against them doesn't make them better than australia

same applies for us just because we beat south africa last year it doesn't mean we are better than them

south africa have won 11 matches in a row, they performing much better than us, i think one can say they are much better than us

and i think your the fool thinking we can win the last 3 matches

The past 9 ODIS in that eleven are in the past as well though. How is that different? They are from last season mate. Your contridicing yourself.

And I think you have a disgraceful and negitive attitude towards your national team. You realise how much I am going to laugh at you if we manage to win all 3 don't you. Its not impossible, I will never give up. Do you think the Black Caps should go out there and give up? Have some faith.

irottev said:
The past 9 ODIS in that eleven are in the past as well though. How is that different? They are from last season mate. Your contridicing yourself.

And I think you have a disgraceful and negitive attitude towards your national team. You realise how much I am going to laugh at you if we manage to win all 3 don't you. Its not impossible, I will never give up. Do you think the Black Caps should go out there and give up? Have some faith.

and i think you have too much faith in new zealand, your not looking at the flaws of the team

yes it is in the past but it is showing that they are in hot form as they now have a winning mentality

i think becasue they are used to winning so much the next match they lose can have a big affect on the team becasue a lost game will change their whole teams mentality

as much as you do i want new zealand to win the last 3 games, but that is very unlikely to happen. our batting has to improve by tomrrow

Must say SA are doing quite well. NZ just haven't fired a shot yet. Batters and bowlers aren't going too well.

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this but seems like the SA commentary team contains a female. I have never heard a female commentate a cricket game. Makes me wonder if other countries will follow.

Well done RSA surprised they have won the first 2 games, economical figures for Ntini.

aussie1st said:
Must say SA are doing quite well. NZ just haven't fired a shot yet. Batters and bowlers aren't going too well.

no we are perfroming well in the bowling department, its just our batting its letting us down. we do have a strong squad but what use is it if the players are not performing

i hope new zealand bring back chris cairns for our next series v australia, we needed him for this series

Users who are viewing this thread