New Zealand in South Africa

Who will win the 5 match ODI series?

• South Africa

Votes: 30 57.7%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 22 42.3%

• Total voters
aussie1st said:
Don't know if anyone has mentioned this but seems like the SA commentary team contains a female. I have never heard a female commentate a cricket game. Makes me wonder if other countries will follow.

If i'm thinking of the same person that you are thinking of, that would be Kass Naidoo. She has been commentating for about two years for SABC.

Oh I see, I don't usually get coverage of the games in SA so its the first i've heard of her. Added a new dimension to the commentary team.

jazz said:
no we are perfroming well in the bowling department, its just our batting its letting us down. we do have a strong squad but what use is it if the players are not performing

i hope new zealand bring back chris cairns for our next series v australia, we needed him for this series

Yea guess you are right there, Cairns could have got NZ home in the 1st game through his bowling and then the 2nd through his batting.

The first time I heard a female commentator was during the Natwest Series or Ashes. And I really had to laugh then. But the fact was she was quite a good commentator. She could even tell all the field positions and where the ball has gone, e.g.

The third match will start within 40 minutes. New Zealand must win, otherwhile this series will be South Africa.

She is a better commentator then that Lawrence and that Craig. They are shocking.

This is surprising for me: South Africa won the toss and elected to field first

But this is more surprising: Jacques Kallis has been replaced by Jacques Rudolph.

I wonder why.

Also de Villiers is in the team now.

He won't even bat. Boje is named as Supersub.

New Zealand has a pretty bad start.

New Zealand 32/2 (10.3 ov)

It's interesting to tell that South Africa is now ranked as 2nd ODI team. They started before the series as 5th. Sri Lanka's losses also helped them to that.

New Zealand 88/3 (22.0 ov)

Fleming on 44 and on his way to a fifty.

And I just read some news that Kallis was ruled out by illness.

Last edited:
Have the SA pitches become more batsmen friendly is NZ really in bad form.

A pretty good cameo inns by Adams 25 off 14 balls.
NZ 243/8 off their 50 overs.

243 is still not a bad score by New Zealand, they still can win. Now Bond needs to do what he did against India.

ZexyZahid said:
This is surprising for me: South Africa won the toss and elected to field first

But this is more surprising: Jacques Kallis has been replaced by Jacques Rudolph.

I wonder why.

Also de Villiers is in the team now.

Kallis is injured hence Rudolph is replacing him. What I seem to think, is because Puttick didn't exactly show much he has been dropped for a more experienced de Villiers.

good innings from adams again at the end

but south africa still favourites for me. one thing that cost us dearly today was our running between the wickets

South Africa 35/0 (6.0 ov)
5.5 Bond to de Villiers, SIX, short, a huge hit as he hooks onto the roof of the chalet at deep backward leg. That ball will not be coming back.

LOLZ Bond is getting his ass whipped. I'm enjoying it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread