New Zealand in South Africa

Who will win the 5 match ODI series?

• South Africa

Votes: 30 57.7%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 22 42.3%

• Total voters
Well, it really wasn't our day. Astle had Kemp almost caught, Patel missed that easy catch for Pollock. Fleming dropped the catch off the last ball (despite being difficult). And don't say SA only needed 1 run. Bond is an amazing bowler, if the catch had of been taken Bond could of gone for a yorker, bolwed him and a tie game. I can't believe Kemp and Pollock threw their wickets away. They really could of copped some criticism had they cost the game. I also dunno why jazz thought Fleming captaincy was bad, it was top class as usual.

CATCHES WIN MATCHES.

I didn't see the match, but for me Fleming is a good captain. The six of Pollock in the 49th over changed the match.

I liked the prospect of this series, because I knew both teams would be competitive. And they showed it. I hope for a good match again next time.

I still can't believe Astle dropped Kemp on 8 :o. I guess you can't look back and say if only. Also the Patel drop and even the Fleming drop. Man I'm so gutted. But also happy that I saw a exciting close game.

Isn't any other person who saw this match as concerned as me?

I've heard of bad runs before - but consider the number of off form players that SA yielded.

1. Smith was brilliant, and then chased that wider ball to drag it back. I mean really - lost a cool head there.
2. Kallis - I'm not too concerned with his duck. The ball was fantastic, and Kallis was playing well in defense (nice straight bat). The only problem could be that this is the second in two matches where he's been a dissappointment. He's a worker tho'.
3. Gibbs and Boucher with Prince to a lesser extent looked pained. I've never seen Gibbs so tentative. I know they haven't had match time - blahdey blah. The hitting was mis-timed, the crispness gone. Maybe it was the wicket, hope so.
4. Kemp - outstanding
5. Pollock - okay

Two players in a side of 11 - 12 I suppose now - with the super sub ... sad.

Which hat we got that win from? f'ed if I know. Bad luck for the Kiwi's - they deserved the win. I'm more than ecstatic that they didn't get it - but they did deserve it.

If SA can find form - the rest of the series could be a lot more one-sided. If NZ continue with their current form, and Flemming does his usual "brilliant think-tank cap't unbelievable" thing, it could well go the other way.

Am I alone in thinking that every SA player is capable of so much more? If we continue with the 'save the match' pressure on Kemp we are done for.

Yes the pitch wasn't the best. I think South Africa will be happy in a way though. Most batsmen spent decent amount of time batting.

Both teams have about 5 days to prepare for the next match. Can't wait.

it looks like oram and styris will be back today

i hope we are in for an exciting match

Good news for Kiwis if they are back in contention, should be an exciting Compo.

I'm so depressed.

South Africa has done it again - a spectacular collapse. At 69/1 they must have felt pretty strong. And then ... Smith, Polly, and Gibbs in quick succession.

I'm going to get myself a stiff drink. Or two.

Maybe we can pull this one out of the hat again. Probably not.

Great bowling from Mills 4-44 is a good performance.

jackrussell said:
is jeetan patel d son of spinner dipak patel?

I doubt he is.
By the looks of Jeetan Patel I don't think that he represents Dipak Patel in any way.
I mean to say that there is no resemblance between the two.

Also is A B de Villiers related to the fast bowling great Fannie de Villiers in any way ?

this chase will be hard under lights

we have already lost a wicket

Users who are viewing this thread