New Zealand in South Africa

Who will win the 5 match ODI series?

• South Africa

Votes: 30 57.7%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 22 42.3%

• Total voters
That is one sad looking scorecard. Oram got a nasty delivery, from the pitch :mad:

irottev said:
Left handers have done much better in this test. Oram, Vettori, Smith. And its because they find it easier to leave the ball.

True, but Ntini has the ability to nip it back, and on a variable wicket such as you say, you would never feel entirely confident when leaving as knowing where your offstump is a key factor, and a difficult one to gauge against Ntini I would guess, irrespective of whether you're left or right-handed.
But I would have promoted Vettori or Franklin, probably the latter as Vettori plays a vital role further down the order when in need of salvaged runs, as he has the ability to grind down an attack using different mindsets, and with a solid technique in my opinion.

This bad light is frustrating. I was hoping SA could finish them off today but it looks like it won't be the case.

That pitch is terrible.

Could you imagine our fit pace quartet on it though!

oh stop complaining about the pitch every one.Its more than just the pitch,this has been a great bowling effort.Sure,quite a few balls did keep low,the pitch hasn't been great,I'll admit,but if Ntini can score 16 odd,why can't the New Zealand batsman get a score together?

As for all the people that were saying Steyn sucks,do you still think so?.He is,in my opinion the new Allan Donald in the making.

Gibbsrules said:
As for all the people that were saying Steyn sucks,do you still think so?.He is,in my opinion the new Allan Donald in the making.

I agree with your disgust on the Steyn bashers, but I just feel that irrotev is just trying to find negative things about our sqaud and is blaming yet another NZ loss against us on petty things.

You've seen what Oram, Vettori, de Villiers have done. Now if they can overcome the pitch why can't all the other top class batsmen? They show that you can score runs on that pitch, no matter how horrible it may be.

Last edited:
That 16 from ntini was unco dude. He was in no control of any of his shots. They all has bad timing.

McCullum shows them how to do it. Seriously, some of our batsmen just need to be more positive like him. We are almost at that 100 mark. Its a shame McCullum went out or we would have a shot at this.

Think about this, we are behind by 150 runs. If Vettori/Marshall got perhaps 80, the other got 45 and Franklin got 20 plus a few extras. We can still win. Its difficult though. This is the same position we were in in the first innings except we had Oram instead of Marshall. Marshall is a batsman so you could expect more from him. He is well over due. By the way. Vettori's average recently is 40+. he opens domestically. Unless this partnership is 100odd runs we will lose though.

LOL STEYN THE NEXT ALAN DONALD!!!!!! He bowls too many four balls. McCullum was pounding him for sixes. He only got his wicket because of the pitch. I dare South Africa to use him on a flat pitch if he goes at 5 runs per over on this. He has a long way to go yet.

There are going to be bad pitches in cricket. I accept that. Your bowlers did bowl well.

You've seen what Oram, Vettori, de Villiers have done. Now if they can overcome the pitch why can't all the other top class batsmen?

Because they were all out when the new ball was worn out. The old ball bounced much more evenly. We needed Bond for some bowling dicipline like at the end to clean up Ntini and Steyn. And to clean up Boje.

I can't wait til the next test. Bond is amazing. It will warrent me staying up til 3am 5 nights in a row. Martin can be left out.

Last edited:
geez NZ's batting is woeful.......why is Lou Vincent not there? he is probably NZ's second best bat behind Astle. Absolutely insane, he has all the shots and would be more than capable of dealing with the African seamers. :mad:

anyhoo....i think i predicted Ntini would prove a handful for the kiwis because he was just starting to hit his straps against the aussies. Well done to Oram on that fine century....he really is a great cricketer, i wish Watson could do half the things he does.

If anyone or kiwis needed any further reason to back NZ here, guys its 50/1 odds..time to rake in some serious cash !!

Marshall departs early, he's really had a poor run of form lately. Once again Ntini secures a 10 wicket-haul for the match, superb effort from him, and the match safely rests in the hands of South Africa.

NZ have lost as expected. Pitch in the end was just too much for them to handle.
Problem was their batting, Fleming is starting to get a hate fan club lately and their top order is going no where.

Users who are viewing this thread