New Zealand in South Africa

Who will win the 5 match ODI series?

• South Africa

Votes: 30 57.7%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 22 42.3%

• Total voters
Astle can't, because he is gone. Franklin needs promoting. We needed to send him out before our batsmen. Argh!!

Well it was always going to be tough chasing in a low scoring affair against an in-form Ntini, but NZ have failed to back up their solid performances with the ball in a very poor display with the bat. Reeling at 5/28, despite the bizarre changes of momentum this match has already presented and the long Kiwi batting line-up at hand, I can't see them getting out of this with a victory. Top bowling from SA though, they needed an inspired performance and they've got that, now they need to maintain thhe basic aspects and finish NZ off, a task not easily done by Smith's side.....

Looks to be over now, Oram was their last hope really. Now they need a miracle which doesn't look likely the way SA are bowling. Pollock is still to bowl :eek:

Wow!Ntini on Fire!Looks like he's set for a 10 wicket haul.Amazing turn around by Saf. New Zealand seemed to be going well early on,i haven't seen any of it on TV but it would be great if New Zealand became a real force in Test Cricket,and showed more of the form exhibited early on in this Test match.

Well if NZ are all out for a score less than 47, then it'll be the lowest test score this millenium!

I must say though that from New Zealand's perspective this is a poor batting display.

I think it's almost a certainty that New Zealand will lose this match now though, 215 runs with 4 wickets remaining will be a hard task.

If they lose Marshall soon then they've lost.

Not embarrassing at all. The pitch maker is the one who should be embarrassised. This pitch is terrible. It didn't help losing the toss and our best bowler.

Good bowling by Ntini.

Marshall is due for a 50+ A 150 partnership is what we need again. If we get it, we can win. Without a player getting 100 I doubt we can do it.

The pitch is getting better and Ntini is getting tired. So new bowlers. I don't think we are out of it. it is going to be tough. We bat down to 9 remember.

Last edited:
To protect our batsmen from being ***** by this terrible pitch. Once the ball gets older the bounce becommes more consistant.

Franklin and Vettori should have been the ones promoted though. Left handers are hard to get out. Unless The ball is bowled and it almost rolls along the ground like Orams wicket. it didn't bounce at all.

Oh well, it didn't work anyway....Promoting either of the left-handers would expose them to Ntini's natural angle across the batsman, which would prove very difficult to negate on such a dodgy wicket.

But if we lose, the series goes on. We can still draw or win the series. With Bond back it strengthens our team a hell of a lot. Martin can be left out, he didn't bowl well enough. If Marshall doesn't win us this game, he needs to be dropped for Papps. If Marshall does good then Fulton may have to be dropped. Its a pain in the ass that Fleming won't open.

James219 said:
Oh well, it didn't work anyway....Promoting either of the left-handers would expose them to Ntini's natural angle across the batsman, which would prove very difficult to negate on such a dodgy wicket.

Left handers have done much better in this test. Oram, Vettori, Smith. And its because they find it easier to leave the ball.

It's 34-6 for New Zealand and it will be difficult to reach the target now.

Off for bad light. Why do we always lose the crucial tosses? I hope it rains all tomorrow. Rain is forcasted, but thats for today.

Users who are viewing this thread