New Zealand in South Africa

Who will win the 5 match ODI series?

• South Africa

Votes: 30 57.7%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 22 42.3%

• Total voters
James219 said:
@gary:Yep, that's the problem, they've definitely got ability, but struggle to consistently find a player who has the capacity to take it upon himself by standing up and leading the side in testing situations.
And, they're reeling at 4-75 with a modest lead of 22.....NZ really bogging down SA now, they're maintaining the pressure and grouping important wickets as a result of taking half chances or creating them, which is good to see I guess, as it's being done in the absence of their penetrative strike bowling option.

EDIT: Gibbsrules: What about Rudolph? He's a better option than Amla and is far more convincing than Prince in my opinion...

This position in all honesty is pathetic for a team with Ntini, Kallis, Smith, Gibbs and Pollock in there team. I've always thought that NZ would really do something special on this tour and they may win both forms of the game.

I agree that Rudolph should pe picked ahead of Amla and Prince.

gary0808 said:
This position in all honesty is pathetic for a team with Ntini, Kallis, Smith, Gibbs and Pollock in there team. I've always thought that NZ would really do something special on this tour and they may win both forms of the game.

I agree that Rudolph should pe picked ahead of Amla and Prince.

I know, for a team with quality players like that it's a disgrace how they actually perform as one.
Rudolph's far better than Prince in my opinion, the latter is very tentative, shuffles alot, is uneasy against the turning ball and is a poor starter. Rudolph, on the other hand, is younger, has more potential in the sense that he can read spin well, plays simple and straight with a decent technique, yet also has the ability to score.
In all honesty, I haven't seen much of Amla, though......

Kallis is still looking dangerous for the Black Caps. They need his scalp. 95-4
44 runs ahead Kallis 37(99)

New Zealand are the favourites to win now, but at some moment South Africa were in that position too. Till the Oram-Vettori partnership came. Key wicket for New Zealand is the one of Kallis.

Good stuff from Kallis, slow, but thats because we are bowling patiently in the same places.

The pitch is now at that stage where it is fine for batting. Hopefully things go slow like they did the last innings and we can get that new ball again without too many runs behind.

These commentators are horrible. I can;t believe I have to listen to Zimbabwe no-bodies commentate.

Is Neil Johnson one of them? If so, he's not a nobody :p
You can use the other method I guess, turn the sound down and use the radio commentary....

Thats exactly who I am talking about. He talks too fast. He ****'s out his mouth.

STYRIS WITH THE BREAKTHROUGH!!!! Kallis is gone!!!!!!! Huge wicket!!!!

Now we are in great shape again. Keep the pressure on guys.

Big wicket for the Kiwis. Kallis caught by Vettori of Styris on just his third ball, Good start :)

Kallis is gone and South Africa are in trouble. They lead only with 89 runs now. Even 160 runs wouldn't be enough.

So far South Africa lost only one match on this ground against England, drawn two and won seven matches.

Last edited:
Rudolph has really been hit and miss lately,and I think that after all that Amla's done in domestic cricket,he deserves another chance.To be honest,I would rather see either Duminy,Mckenzie or Benkenstein get a chance before both of them.

Ha ha,you have to listen to SABC's crappy commentary!Supersports commentators are cool.Mike Haysmen keeps calling Vettori "the librarian",lol

the librarian HAHAHAHAHA! thats gold. this match will be a good one. jee theres been some great test matches lately.

De Villiers GAAAAWN! 97. WOO HOO! Cmon Kiwis!

Users who are viewing this thread