New Zealand in South Africa

Who will win the 5 match ODI series?

• South Africa

Votes: 30 57.7%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 22 42.3%

• Total voters
Nicky Boje is also gone too now. South Africa has a lead of 222 runs now with one wicket remaining. Every run made now helps.

Actually it was 94 :p. Boje has also gone for an edtremely useful 31. Now down to Steyn and Ntini to try and scrape a few runs and put the kiwis out the game.

Drewska said:
Actually it was 94 :p. Boje has also gone for an edtremely useful 31. Now down to Steyn and Ntini to try and scrape a few runs and put the kiwis out the game.

97 Drew, not 94.... He played well before he threw it away, hopefully tomorrow morning Ntini and Steyn can add a few runs to our score.

I really want to see how our guys bowl to the New Zealanders, because its looking to be a competitive total for both teams.

On cricinfo the score reads 94. Anyways, if I was you, I wouldn't put too much money on Steyn & Ntini scoring plenty against NZ. If SA can get quick top order wickets, SA may just manage to win the game.

Maxkarter said:
97 Drew, not 94.... He played well before he threw it away, hopefully tomorrow morning Ntini and Steyn can add a few runs to our score.

I really want to see how our guys bowl to the New Zealanders, because its looking to be a competitive total for both teams.

New Zealand havent scored more than 165? in the second innings, to win a game away from home.

I make South Africa slight favourites.

Its pretty even. I think the new ball period tomorrow is going to be crucial. Ntini is going to be looked at again to take the wickets. Steyn sucks. Boje shouldn't get wickets, Pollock is tidy but all those noballs, maybe hes not i nthe best form and Kallis isn't terribly threatening so far.

If we can defend off Ntini we will win the test. The batting conditions are not much worse than the first day after that new ball, the new ball is where the wickets are comming from. I think we can do this.

You Kiwis need to sort out your top order. This is getting pathetic. Fulton shouldn't be opening, neither should Marshall.
Interesting move sending up Mills but clearly didn't work. I think they should have sent out a batsmen to take care of any movement. Cause now you are one lower order batsmen down who could have scored the winning runs when the pitch has settled down.

New Zealand chasing 249 are 6/2. Promoting Mills proved to be a poor tactical move by Fleming.

C'mon South Africa!!

Damn, Fleming and Fulton gone. Mills doesn't matter. It was definatly worth the risk.

"This is getting pathetic. Fulton shouldn't be opening, neither should Marshall. "

Unfortonatly we have no in-form openers. I agree. Fulton was good at 3. Papps should have been opening with Fulton.

Well it would be good to get some actual openers instead of these part timers.
Cmon you Kiwis some big partnerships would be good :)
Looking at SA inns, all it took was one big inns from a batsmen and then some lower order staying around and they managed 300 and this tricky pitch.

You have to realise that wickets are going to fall with the new ball. Every single innings has had teams in positions exactly like this. We were 45/5 before. So pretty much the same. Its a big ask for the same players to perform again, but they are in good nick. I am not worrying just yet, even though Styris is gone.

Looks like you will need those same guys to perform again. Astle could do something I guess, hes handy. Someone needs to stay in with Marshall who seems to be in good nick.

What is happening. I so wan't New Zealand to win this and their throwing wickets away. I'm still positive becausea 70-80 partnership will change the game.

Users who are viewing this thread