New Zealand Premier League XIII

As I've said before, season eight will start in late November/early December.

The format will be very similar to this season, with pre-season international tours (done slightly differently), and a 50 over competition.

The major change will be with the pre-season player transfer system, which will be something completely new to PC, as the usual "release x players" isn't very exciting.

Some of you will welcome the change, while I'm guessing a few of you won't. Pretty much it'll benefit anyone who's prepared to spend 20 - 30 minutes doing what you need to do, and it'll disadvantage anyone who doesn't really care and just wants to do it as quickly as possible.

It's pretty complicated, so don't worry if you don't understand it now, as I'll explain it in much more detail when you need to do what you need to do.

It'll consist of three phases, phase one will be a very skillful phase where you'll have to release/keep players, and also bid on players without knowing what players other people have released. Probably sounds confusing ATM. You'll have an option to keep about five players without anyone knowing, and then you'll have to release at least five players without anyone knowing. Then in the same message to me you'll have an option to bid on other teams players, as well as bid on your other players that you haven't been able to guarantee you'll keep them. This will be done with some sort of credits. The thing is you'll have to predict what players you want to bid on, as you don't want to waste credits on Tendulkar as you know Riz will guarantee be keeping him. Pretty much it'll be done silently through PM, so whoever is prepared to spend the most on each player will get him.

Phase two and three will be much simpler. Phase two will be a silent auction, you'll carry over all your remaining credits from phase one, say someone bids more from you on a player, you'll get those credits back, and you'll also get some new credits. Pretty much you'll be able to place the amount of bids left in your squad, so say you got 11 players in phase one, you'll be able to place seven bids in phase two. Again it's silent through PM.

Phase three will just be a draft, filling up the remaining spots in your squad. That will be done in the thread, with the people with the most spots left going first, pretty much just like normal.

Pretty much that's a little insight for a month down the track, if you don't get it don't worry at all, as I'll go into more detail at the time, especially on phase one.

So you release five players, and you can't bid on them, and the other 8 or so players you have to bid on if you want to keep them, but others can outbid you on those players? And then you can also bid on other people's players?

So you release five players, and you can't bid on them, and the other 8 or so players you have to bid on if you want to keep them, but others can outbid you on those players? And then you can also bid on other people's players?

Pretty much.

In your first PM you'll have a list of your 18 players from this season.
You'll be able to keep up to five of them, and you'll have to release at least five of them.
Everyone outside the five players you choose to automatically keep will be fair game, so whoever bids the most of them out of you and the other seven people will get them.

It makes it very tactical as you don't want to waste your bidding credits on great players that are pretty much guaranteed to be in the others teams top five, plus other stuff like that.

CG123 added 2 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

Also you'll only be able to bid on 18 players max in phase one, so say you keep five players (which everyone should), you'll only be able to bid on 13 players from the rest of your team and other teams. But you'll be able to bid zero so if no one else bids on them you'll get them.

Are these credits depending on the player?, so if i release Elliot i get 30 credits to spend on bidding for new players but if I release McGlashan i only get 10 credits or something like that.

I'd say everyone gets the same amount of credits. It's too subjective otherwise.

Are these credits depending on the player?, so if i release Elliot i get 30 credits to spend on bidding for new players but if I release McGlashan i only get 10 credits or something like that.

No, everyone will get the same amount of credits.

ATM it'll probably be 200 for phase one, and another 100 for phase two on top of what you have left over from phase one.

You'll get the credits at the start of the phase, so it doesn't matter what players you release at all.

Hmmm...
Phase 1 will be a test of your ability to read your counterparts' mind.

Yep, that's pretty much the idea.

Considering I now only have 1 vCash, which I can't withdraw from my bank, and the recent vCash changes, there will no longer be any prize money in the forthcoming seasons.

That's fine :) I don't think many leagues will have vCash for a while.

Considering I now only have 1 vCash, which I can't withdraw from my bank, and the recent vCash changes, there will no longer be any prize money in the forthcoming seasons.

Pack it all up then.

If any vacancies are available, please let me know mate for december is ideal for me to participate :)

Users who are viewing this thread