New Zealand tour of India (Sept-Oct 2016)

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
And that's it .. India wins.. Great batting VK and MSD

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Good win for the boys. It was good to see Dhoni coming at 4 when the team needed him to bat alongside Virat. That partnership with Dhoni was crucial in the chase and Manish also batted well after that wicket of Dhoni. I wanted Dhoni to get that 100 today but hopefully he will get it soon. What can I say about Virat? Just another day at the office for him and another masterclass by him. Should we call him the new finisher now?

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Fantastic knock by Kohli and MS. I found it a little baffling that Dhoni moved up to 4 even though he was there before. Now, Rohit Sharma's form is getting a but worrying now, but I hope, he can score some runs at the top as to not let Kohli come early when the ball is still new. Exposure to the new ball to the middle order early is not what's required. Congrats to the Indian team on this win.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Well I am really happy with that Dhoni knock. We need Dhoni like that. Hoping to see him growing into confidence

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
India is going unchanged for last two ODI and Raina is not included as he is yet to regain full fitness.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
I am not sure if this current squad is our best 11 despite Shami, Ashwin, Jadeja not in side. Even if they come we need a decent Number 6/7. Also Sharma & Rahane at top needs to start contributing more.

Sharma,
Rahul,
Kohli,
Dhoni,
Rahane,
Pandey/Jadav
Jadeja/Pandya
Ashwin,
Kumar/Yadav,
Shami,
Bumrah

If Kumar, Jadeja, Ashwin play then the lower order looks good batting wise. I am not happy to say this and shocked to see we are struggling to find a good number 6 or 7. Dhoni used to be reliable finisher previously but he just doest fit that category no more

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Look at the run out by MSD !!

giphy.gif

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I am not sure if this current squad is our best 11 despite Shami, Ashwin, Jadeja not in side. Even if they come we need a decent Number 6/7. Also Sharma & Rahane at top needs to start contributing more.

Sharma,
Rahul,
Kohli,
Dhoni,
Rahane,
Pandey/Jadav
Jadeja/Pandya
Ashwin,
Kumar/Yadav,
Shami,
Bumrah

If Kumar, Jadeja, Ashwin play then the lower order looks good batting wise. I am not happy to say this and shocked to see we are struggling to find a good number 6 or 7. Dhoni used to be reliable finisher previously but he just doest fit that category no more

This is not our best 11. I also think Dhawan hasn't been too bad as an opener in ODI's. I think lot of people are discarding him because of his test form where he has struggled more. In ODI's, he has been alright. We also need a left-hander the line-up and we don't have any right now. I can't say the same about Rahane however. For a player with his class and talent, Rahane hasn't done anything substantial yet in ODI's to cement a place in our best 11. Also, if we can't fit Rahane in the top 3 of our ODI team, he doesn't play for me. Looking at the current record, he definitely doesn't fit in my top 3. Rohit is having a bad series but he has to be the best opener we have alongside Dhawan in our best 11. Rahul has showed potential in his short career so far but I wouldn't put him in the best 11 right away. So Dhawan and Rohit has to be picked as openers if we are picking our best 11. Even though Dhoni is an ideal man to be batting at number 4, I don't like the look of Pandey batting at number 5. I feel number 4 is a position that he can really make his own. However, if they are trying something new then I don't mind. As of now, for number 6 we have Jadhav and Raina. Raina has experience but has done very little lately to warrant a place in the 11. Jadhav has shown in this series that he can bat and can be handy with the ball. For number 7, we have again 2 choices in Pandya and Jadeja. I really like the look of Pandya and he really can be the x-factor that team India needs in the limited overs format. However, that spot is based on what kind of conditions that we get. Right now, Dhoni has given Pandya the role of 3rd seamer which is a bit of a stretch in my opinion because at most, he can play 4th seamer role. I know Dhoni is trying to get him ready for champions trophy where he will be crucial. Ashwin, Shami and Bumrah should be automatic picks. Last place for fast bowler should be between Bhuvi and Umesh. Umesh in this series has shown much better control and has bowled well at death but Bhuvi has also shown that he can bowl well at death in IPL. This would be my final 11.

Dhawan
Rohit
Kohli
Dhoni/Pandey
Dhoni/Pandey
Jadhav
Hardik
Ashwin
Bhuvi
Shami
Bumrah

Reserve: 2 of Rahane, Raina, Rahul, Jadeja, Umesh

Last edited:

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Really interesting to see Akshar Patel this early. He is a decent batsman but this a tricky surface to bat on with the amount of spin Sodhi and Santner are generating.[DOUBLEPOST=1477490939][/DOUBLEPOST]
Look at the run out by MSD !!

giphy.gif

BOSS

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
MS Dhoni's mindset in some innings is just inexplicable. He was a breath of fresh air last time, a shadow of his self today. It's time to shelf the fear and go all gay abandon in his twilight years. The Patel before Pandey move also stinks. Don't care if it works.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
What we saw today leads me to yet another disappointment. If Kohli & Dhoni fell under over 30, we'll lose every match while chasing.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
I think the problem was that the openers, rahane and Rohit did not score much. There was no big partnership from the openers to ensure Kohli and Dhoni cannot face the new ball early. The lower order was good even though the 2nd and 4th ODIs were close because of the lower order. Remember this is a young team without Jaddu, Ash and Shami, they are doing well.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Wow so we are playing with 5 bowlers leaving out Pandya for this last match. I really hope our batsman play well today or else New Zealand could well be on course to win first series in India

Neo 7

National Board President
India
Avengers
Players wearing the jersey with their mother's names
Does this make any sense ?
They all show in ads that they were wearing their father's names jersey :eek:

LOL ! :lol Boys should have boys type of names so how does it show father's name

:facepalm:facepalm

Everyone should be recognised with their own names ![DOUBLEPOST=1477728362][/DOUBLEPOST]If this is the trend then the players should always wear their mother's names & never switch back

Why to wear for just one day ? :facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread