New Zealand's Tour Of India Aug-Sep 2012

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
What a catch that would have been if Milne had hung on to it. Did all the hard work and just lost the grip. Bad miss that but what an effort!

----------

Almost got a wicket now, Milne. This hasn't been a lucky evening for him thus far.

Fenil

48 runs remain for India to win. Virat is batting great guns on 70. Can he carry his bat till the end and reach the 3 figure mark? If he does so, that would be an icing on the cake.

----------

And here I was thinking about the possibility of a ton from Virat. He goes for a fantastically made 70. We have lot of wickets so we should win it easily.

----------

----------

Finally, tuk tuk Dhoni finds the fence. NZ has done a great job to get back into the game. If India lose here, Dhoni is to blame.

Fenil

I don't understand why Dhoni takes everything to last over.

He likes to be a hero for nothing.

That six came as a much need relief. 13 off the last over. I hope the back again Yuvraj who is batting better, much better than always there Dhoni, be on the strike for most of the over.

----------

I just hate when a commentator says "just a hit away" when 4 or 6 runs are remaining. Unless its a need of the hour, why to take risk?

----------

Man! Yuvraj gone. No prizes for telling the man making it to the middle, Rohit Sharma. Good T20 cricketer but out of form big time. If I was captain, I'd have thrown Irfan above him.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
And NZ win, thanks a ton Dhoni, taking it to the last over every tweaking time!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Dhoni's tactics need to be questioned big time here. Today he lost the match for India out there. With Yuvraj not being in his fluent best (yes he stuck a few sixes, but still he was struggling to meddle the ball well for the most part and his fitness was suspect seeing the way he was running).

Dhoni ought to have taken the charge and kept India abreast... Inspite of a very good innings from Kohli and Yuvi, India lost the game primarily because of Dhoni.

Fenil

NZ pull off a win out of nowhere. And they say, I'm pretty harsh at Dhoni.

48 were required off 40 balls for India and it seemed like a walk in the park for India but thats when Mr. legendary hitter walked into the middle. No doubt Oram and Franklin bowled beautifully but if Yuvraj Singh -- who has been away from cricket for long time and has just about regained the match fitness -- can hit the bowlers, why can't Dhoni?

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
You guys realize it must be difficult to get it away? I can't really get why everytime something's wrong, Dhoni gets the blame and everytime there's something right, we say it was luck.

Fenil

You guys realize it must be difficult to get it away? I can't really get why everytime something's wrong, Dhoni gets the blame and everytime there's something right, we say it was luck.

I don't know about everytime but this time, its none other than Mr. Mahendra Dhoni to blame.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner

With Rohit Sharma, Tiwary, Irfan and Ashwin in the backyard, can't Dhoni go for his big shots a little earlier? I am a big fan of Dhoni, but this tactic of his has been irritating for quite sometime now. And today, it didn't work for him which means he needs to revisit the tactic pretty quickly. He was just flicking balls to the leg side not for once trying to get that booming shot going. He has been playing for a while now (the test series). Yuvraj who is coming off a cancer recovery was playing the big shots.

Gurjot95

National Board President
Yes, it was luck that he scored less than run a ball. Yes, it was a luck that India lost when they needed 49 from 42 balls.

macintosh

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Oram and Franklin were just awesome :clap,
Used their experience and bowled according to the pitch,
this was one of those matches where you really want the opponent to win, after watching Oram and Franklin bowl in the last 5 overs, I really wanted NZ to win, and McCullum was just brilliant, A good performance by NZ.

Last edited:

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Yeah, rather than blaming Dhoni, I believe both Oram and Franklin bowled really well. Yuvi scored most against other bowlers and he too struggled against these medium pacers. Virat I think didn't face them much.

Users who are viewing this thread