New Zealand's Tour Of India Aug-Sep 2012

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Regarding Dhoni, like User said you guys have to remember that Franklin bowled four overs in a row at the end, along with two overs from Oram. Dhoni faced five balls from Vettori at the very start of his innings, but other than that he only faced Franklin and Oram. The likes of Kohli had the luxury of facing Milne (who shouldn't be playing at this level), as well as plenty of spin from Hira and Vettori once he was already settled on a pitch that was pretty dead for the spinners.

Like Jono, I never thought I'd see the day where Franklin bowls well again after the tripe that he's been tossing down for the last few years.

----------

I was really surprised that Ross Taylor gave Frankin a chance at almost the end of the innings. I know he has been kind of hit or miss player for NZ but I think that was kind of an ideal pitch for him. Ball did not come on the bat easily and he picked that up pretty quickly. Oram did bowl at the start but I guess it was the new ball so it was coming very nicely onto the bat but as the ball got older, it started to be difficult for batsman to pick it up. Franklin bowled very well but Dhoni did slow us down after he came to bat. He got his tactics wrong for the first time otherwise he usually finishes it off in style but this time he got it wrong.

Part of it was because Mills got injured in that attempted catch, so he couldn't bowl out his final over. Because of that they had to get at least one over out of Frankin, and at that stage it was probably a bit of bowl and hope considering how poor he's been with the ball for a long time now.

Cevno

School Cricketer
Dhoni's new style of slow starts had to cost us somewhere. He has been incredibly successful with it till now though, so 1 game doesn't matter but don't know why he cuts it so fine in recent times.

AnshtheDj

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
India somehow managed snatch defeat from the jaws of victory against the Kiwis, just like Kiwis themselves did against final T20 against SA in their home series this year in March, thus letting go of a wonderful opportunity to register series victory against top-ranked International team... that time the Kiwis had Jesse Ryder well set, this time India had 2 big-hitting match winners at the crease in the form of Yuvraj and MSD.. just goes to show that in this ultra short format of the game, you can't just take your foot off the gas, no matter how dominating position you are in the game.

Like they say, It ain't over until it's over.:noway

Good to see Kiwis scrapping to the win & BMac living up to his billing as one of the most destructive T20 batsman in the world.:cheers
While veteran Vettori disappointed with the ball, seniors Oram and Franklin put up their hands and did well.:yes

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Have a look at this:

MS Dhoni
9ed547bfec5448a3a15407b.png

That strike rate, shocking.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
All this rubbish about MSD having faced Vettori ,Franklin and Oram is bull-cr*p. As a captain ,he won the toss and if he worried about how the wicket behaved in the 2nd half- why the hell did he bowl first ?:mad

I have had enough of his stupid captaincy and his stupid tactics. He seems to have taken his place in the side for granted and I really wish we are knocked out of the S-8 stage again.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
People don't hate without a reason. He sucks and that's why people hate him, at least that's the case with me.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
People don't hate without a reason. He sucks and that's why people hate him, at least that's the case with me.

Best finisher of our generation and here you are telling me he sucks.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I see more pure hatred than actual reasoning, just saying.

Not hatred.

Exasperation !

It is sad that we have to bear with a captain who has led us 0-8 in Test matches and is still relying on his luck to win matches for our side. Mind you, this is his old habit. IPL has seen many a famous CSK matches wherein he took them to the --- end. Luck can only get you so far.

He sucks as a captain for sure. Not sure about you calling him the 'best finisher'. TBH, he is using it as his own team. This aint backyard cricket,you know.

1iram1

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3

TBH I only saw him finish one game and that was in Australia a few months ago. Did anyone notice Dhoni at the toss said something like "this is a fast pitch good for batting" and after the game he was blaming the pitch.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Not hatred.

Exasperation !

It is sad that we have to bear with a captain who has led us 0-8 in Test matches and is still relying on his luck to win matches for our side. Mind you, this is his old habit. IPL has seen many a famous CSK matches wherein he took them to the --- end. Luck can only get you so far.

He sucks as a captain for sure. Not sure about you calling him the 'best finisher'. TBH, he is using it as his own team. This aint backyard cricket,you know.

There's an old saying, a captain is only as good as his crew, only so much you can do when 10 other guys are performing below par along with you. I find it almost laughable when India fans bring up luck and Dhoni, losers excuse, but in most cases we've been the winners.

----------

TBH I only saw him finish one game and that was in Australia a few months ago. Did anyone notice Dhoni at the toss said something like "this is a fast pitch good for batting" and after the game he was blaming the pitch.

WC final?

And there's a difference between blaming the pitch and assessing the game. If the reporter asks you "what went on out there? you didn't look all that comfortable?" and you reply "the pitch seemed to have slowed down a bit", that's not blaming the pitch that's assessing the game.

----------

Ffs, I'm not even a Dhoni fan and I've turned this into a 1v(insert # here) argument on Dhoni.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Dhoni needs a break from captaincy. His decision making process has been silly many a time. His team selection style also comes under the scanner. He is known to back a few players no matter how badly they perform. He needs a break from captaincy. Probably someone should tell him to focus on the 2015 World Cup and how he can win it for India as a player, and Kohli can lead India now in the shorter formats atleast. Probably Dhoni might play differently (and better!) if he comes back to being just a player. He is still among the top ODI batsman in the world, and a very useful T20 batsman too.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
It's just personal attacks though. Think about this: if they batted exactly the same way again, but this time Yuvraj was the captain, and Dhoni was the man coming back from cancer - I'm not sure Dhoni would be copping as much of the blame :yes

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Thing is we (most of Indian fans) are eveready to jump on people. I am amazed how can 0-8 be wholly blamed on Dhoni or his leadership. If all 11 players don't perform then how can we blame only one person? If I recall correctly, he had a good tour of England and was India's 2nd best batsman after Dravid?

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Thing is we (most of Indian fans) are eveready to jump on people. I am amazed how can 0-8 be wholly blamed on Dhoni or his leadership. If all 11 players don't perform then how can we blame only one person? If I recall correctly, he had a good tour of England and was India's 2nd best batsman after Dravid?

To be fair, it wasn't hard to be the 2nd best batsman on that tour.

Users who are viewing this thread