Next Codemasters game - Ashes Cricket 2009

Ashes Cricket 09 better than EA Cricket?

• Yes, it will beat EA Cricket games

Votes: 137 57.6%
  • No, EA Cricket is far better than this

Votes: 21 8.8%
  • Have to wait for trailer and features to release

Votes: 53 22.3%
  • Maybe Cricket 09 beat Ashes Cricket 09

Votes: 27 11.3%

• Total voters
^Garbage is an understatement for game like BLIC 2005, Cricket 2005, CK 2007 and BLIC 2007. All the above games absolutely sucked. The game play was boring, the AI was pathetic and there was no content at all. This game is no revolution, my only hope is its an evolution of some sorts.

I think they will take time to release trailer as they have said before that they always look at our forum and I think they will look at our suggestions and may include in game. Maybe they include Manual Appeal button also because of high demand.

I think they will take time to release trailer as they have said before that they always look at our forum and I think they will look at our suggestions and may include in game. Maybe they include Manual Appeal button also because of high demand.

The game has already been completed Mr.Travis Friend.

stevo1 added 25 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

A guy from another forum said this (he is involved in the gaming industry and got to play it for a bit)

"I played it during the week and i spanked the rep all over the park

Its looking the goods, plays well, looks good and they have upgraded a few dodgy things from RP 07

I will be buying it. The player movements look a lot more real too."

well if the rep was anything like the guy that was playing it in the background of that ponting interview lol... pull shots off of full balls on leg side that end up at fine leg lol

Those who are persistently moan like small children about the lack of advertisement, need to recognise that Codies probably don't read PC.

They once had a guy working for them called RubberGenius, but I don't believe he works for Codies any more. Plus he only buzzed about during the release period.

Codies is where everything will leak from, nothing to do with the developers now, so moaning is just making me, and every other reader get depressed by the same post reposted 12,000,000,000,000 times.

Cannot wait for the release of another Cricket Game
However, If EA would have released it, it would have been much better
That is what I think, dont know about others

Cannot wait for the release of another Cricket Game
However, If EA would have released it, it would have been much better
That is what I think, dont know about others

NO WAY!

EA are ████ at making Cricket games! :eek:

I was just playing BLIC 05 =], I certaintly didn't see much wrong with it apart from some dodgy LBW decisions and some horrible drops by AI, and the way that my fielder fields it, then the umpire gives 4 (?), but apart from that, i had fun =], if Ashes 09 is going to be better than this, which i can tell already by the previews, im physced. :banana2:happy

Nothing else wrong with it? Let me get you started:

Ball going through the batsman's pads (also in BLIC 2007)

Batsman constantly leg glancing ball onto stumps (usually through the pads as well).

BLIC 2005 and 2007 were rubbish. Ckt 07 was rubbish, but partially saved by the patchmakers. The last really good Cricket game was BLIC 99, but even that lacked a bit of depth. The cricket feel was spot on however, especially the sound of leather on willow. No game has come close since.

Nothing else wrong with it? Let me get you started:

Ball going through the batsman's pads (also in BLIC 2007)

Batsman constantly leg glancing ball onto stumps (usually through the pads as well).

Ok, maybe i missed out those aswell, because oddly enough both of them happened to me..:rolleyes:

Codies do read PC. I guess you won't be getting a preview invite! ;)

That's surprising to say the least.

Ah well, if some big-wigs up at Codies took offence to my posts, not really overly bothered :p

Ok, maybe i missed out those aswell, because oddly enough both of them happened to me..:rolleyes:

If that happens in the new game as well, it's unacceptable! EA's games have many problems, but one thing they don't do is continually glance the ball onto their stumps (who ever gets out like that in real cricket) and the ball doesn't go through the batsman's pads.

If that happens in the new game as well, it's unacceptable! EA's games have many problems, but one thing they don't do is continually glance the ball onto their stumps (who ever gets out like that in real cricket) and the ball doesn't go through the batsman's pads.

Well, I think they said they are writing a whole new script for it, but I could've misinterpreted that. Plus, it's next gen, so hopefully glitches will be a minimal. :upray

Users who are viewing this thread