Next Codemasters game - Ashes Cricket 2009

Ashes Cricket 09 better than EA Cricket?

• Yes, it will beat EA Cricket games

Votes: 137 57.6%
  • No, EA Cricket is far better than this

Votes: 21 8.8%
  • Have to wait for trailer and features to release

Votes: 53 22.3%
  • Maybe Cricket 09 beat Ashes Cricket 09

Votes: 27 11.3%

• Total voters
You must get happy as you seem to be a big fan of EA Games.Your logo tells the story................................

Well i said it because i read a survey somewhere about the revenue generated by different gaming companies including EA & CODEMASTERS from their games

Don't get the joke do you?

Will there different squads for Test, ODI and T20 ? BLIC 2005 had squads as defensive, attacking and best XI to play with.

You must get happy as you seem to be a big fan of EA Games.Your logo tells the story................................

Well i said it because i read a survey somewhere about the revenue generated by different gaming companies including EA & CODEMASTERS from their games

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet. Whitehornmatt however is the pool of knowledge and should be listened to with intent! :p

Anyways, people are still, and its kinda annoying, going off a crappy video where its obvious that one player didn't know whether he's playing Cricket or Tennis.

I think some people are expecting this game to be the daddy of all Cricket games, it simply isn't. There's factors such as the being a total revamp on how BLIC is play, which has got to mean a few hiccups.

I've seen people mention the keeper always diving one handed, does it matter? Would there be an overall difference if he went with two?

Man, some of you guys whine more than women! You need to tone it down a notch or two.

I've seen people mention the keeper always diving one handed, does it matter? Would there be an overall difference if he went with two?

Man, some of you guys whine more than women! You need to tone it down a notch or two.

They have each and every right to whine whether like man woman g@y or whatever because they are spending money and people want to see a real work done.They have each and every right to make the game developers realize that what they are begging for from almost a decade.
why don't people whine on BLC 99 ?? Because every one can see the effort behind the work......

They have each and every right to whine whether like man woman g@y or whatever because they are spending money and people want to see a real work done.They have each and every right to make the game developers realize that what they are begging for from almost a decade.
why don't people whine on BLC 99 ?? Because every one can see the effort behind the work......

The thing is sunshine, that this isn't a perfect world. The developers of AC09, the developers of any game, including the likes of Tetris and Super Mario don't have endless amounts of money, the thing is with Tetris and Super Mario is that there are fans out there willing to pay for such games.

Cricket has many levels which is why making cricket games isn't as easy as you boys and girls think, for one, the whole game is incredibly difficult. How does it make sense that a ball can reverse swing, when all the laws of the earth say the ball shouldn't? How can you develop reverse swing in a game? When does it occur? How does it occur?

I'll move on, how does blocking out an over for no runs make a batsmen feel? If its against Brett Lee? Good? If its against Ricky Ponting bad? What about if you block out an over from Michael Clarke or Paul Collingwood, how would your confidence be?

I'm sick of typing now, because all some of you do, and I swear to God Bravo, your the worst because you're saying its right, is moan like women. Totally agree, cricket fans can be Men and Women, and yes, they can be gay, but my point is that we all know women moan far more, and you certainly fit into that catagory.

Now my rant is at an end, i'll go on to say that I can't wait till the cricket game is released, just because, it is a cricket game.

The thing is sunshine, that this isn't a perfect world. The developers of AC09, the developers of any game, including the likes of Tetris and Super Mario don't have endless amounts of money, the thing is with Tetris and Super Mario is that there are fans out there willing to pay for such games.

Cricket has many levels which is why making cricket games isn't as easy as you boys and girls think, for one, the whole game is incredibly difficult. How does it make sense that a ball can reverse swing, when all the laws of the earth say the ball shouldn't? How can you develop reverse swing in a game? When does it occur? How does it occur?

I'll move on, how does blocking out an over for no runs make a batsmen feel? If its against Brett Lee? Good? If its against Ricky Ponting bad? What about if you block out an over from Michael Clarke or Paul Collingwood, how would your confidence be?

I'm sick of typing now, because all some of you do, and I swear to God Bravo, your the worst because you're saying its right, is moan like women. Totally agree, cricket fans can be Men and Women, and yes, they can be gay, but my point is that we all know women moan far more, and you certainly fit into that catagory.

Now my rant is at an end, i'll go on to say that I can't wait till the cricket game is released, just because, it is a cricket game.

Look my brother its not about who is good who is bad , who is man who is woman its a fact. Game developers themselves admit that there had to be much more effort put in cricket games developed in past, they never blamed that they were short of technology or they were unable to implement or understand laws of earth,laws of physics etc. Well as far as the stuff like reverse swing is concerned its not a great issue & if somewhere in the back of your head you think it is an issue then let me tell you that technology is there and they are professionals not kids.As far as budget or money is concerned i don't think so that BLC 99 was a huge budget game

I appreciate if you disagree

Last edited:
You'd be surprised to see how much is spent daily by these development companies, from the electricity they use to build these games on, to paying employees.

They've mentioned they want this game to appeal to those who don't know about cricket, how do you think they will go about it? They'll spend hundreds of thousands of pounds on advertisement, which kinda means that its not there to spend on the game.

Look, "my brother," (quite like this phrase, we can be brothers :)) what ever you say in a negative tone about this, you're wrong. Yes, EA for one could have done 1Million times better, Codies could also have gone about it better (I use Codies as an overview of the different development companies involved in BLIC etc.) could have done better in the past, but I just believe that you're gunna get no where by being negetive.

I am still keeping my fingers crossed. Waiting for the doomsday. :p The game does look interesting, the graphics are brilliant apart from some of the faces and helmets (although that is not any issue because after the game gets released, hopefully we'll get patches made by Planetcricket which will fix this problem), the stadiums look great- the only thing is the gameplay- I am keeping my fingers crossed. Let's just wait for the game.

Do you guys think that Codies will release something (new ss, trailer demo etc) for AC09 at e3?

If I blocked an over from Paul Collingwood I would feel very proud of myself.

Me too. ;)

However, could you imagine Ricky Ponting blocking an over from Paul Collingwood, compared to, say a tailender? How is it possible to program that into a game? Hmm.. I wonder..

Me too. ;)

However, could you imagine Ricky Ponting blocking an over from Paul Collingwood, compared to, say a tailender? How is it possible to program that into a game? Hmm.. I wonder..

You judge it on the deliveries. I mean if they were 'right in the corridor' and Collingwood had the spell of his life it should account for that and if Collingwood does 90km/h full tosses and he blocks them all Ponting wouldn't feel too good. So hang on another 50 years.

You judge it on the deliveries. I mean if they were 'right in the corridor' and Collingwood had the spell of his life it should account for that and if Collingwood does 90km/h full tosses and he blocks them all Ponting wouldn't feel too good. So hang on another 50 years.

I didn't understand that last sentence, but it just shows the amount of detail that has to be put into a game like this.. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread