Next Codemasters game - Ashes Cricket 2009

Ashes Cricket 09 better than EA Cricket?

• Yes, it will beat EA Cricket games

Votes: 137 57.6%
  • No, EA Cricket is far better than this

Votes: 21 8.8%
  • Have to wait for trailer and features to release

Votes: 53 22.3%
  • Maybe Cricket 09 beat Ashes Cricket 09

Votes: 27 11.3%

• Total voters
Im keeping my expectations low but BLIC2007 wasnt too bad and is still quite playable if you want to play a 20/20

I'm just as excited as the next poster here but I think a lot of us have forgotten the simple fact that this is a new developer. They may not get everything right first time even though they have had 2 years. It's time to lower the expectations to a reasonable level peeps! :cool:

yea but from my understanding they put alot of effort into getting the basics of it right... and all the hands on and stuff have been positive... but a gameplay trailer will be nice to judge from

I'm just as excited as the next poster here but I think a lot of us have forgotten the simple fact that this is a new developer. They may not get everything right first time even though they have had 2 years. It's time to lower the expectations to a reasonable level peeps! :cool:

I think I'm finding hard not to agree with this post. I feel as if I've just lost a bit of interest in the game, because you know it will just be the inevitable bad game.

I am going to become the best in the world at this game.

That is all.

I will buy if the following issues are good
1. Fielding -the most annoying part of BLIC2007 ( they said they will have auto fielding in ashes 09 )
2. Camera angles - ( i hate that dynamic angle ) you never know exactly in which direction it is going.

3. Grass - ( i liked blic 2005 grass than blic 2007 )

1. Fielding -the most annoying part of BLIC2007 ( they said they will have auto fielding in ashes 09 )
2. Camera angles - ( i hate that dynamic angle ) you never know exactly in which direction it is going.
They have change both.

They sound awesome =]. :banana1
Auto fielding with (what I saw on the video the size of a postage stamp), looked totally epic, camera angles, well we'll just have to beg and grass.. well, it's grass.. :o

No matter how the grass looks like how the camera angles looks like the game must be easily patchable unlike BLIC 2005 & BLIC 2007 so that we can modify it to our satisfaction. EA is much better in this regard and that's why they manage to get more money out of their games as compared to codemasters

EA is much better in this regard and that's why they manage to get more money out of their games as compared to codemasters
They don't. BLIC 07 and BLIC 05 both outsold their equivalent EA games, by quite a distance. Which means, despite being largely hated by most cricket fans, Codemasters are going to be cautious in changing the formula too much, because it does sell and it is well liked by the non-purists, which make up the majority of sales.

Of course!!! Dont worry about actual playability, gameplay and an actual sense your playing the game when bowling and batting - these issues are much more important...
:rolleyes:

They don't. BLIC 07 and BLIC 05 both outsold their equivalent EA games, by quite a distance. Which means, despite being largely hated by most cricket fans, Codemasters are going to be cautious in changing the formula too much, because it does sell and it is well liked by the non-purists, which make up the majority of sales.

You must get happy as you seem to be a big fan of EA Games.Your logo tells the story................................

Well i said it because i read a survey somewhere about the revenue generated by different gaming companies including EA & CODEMASTERS from their games

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread