Next Codemasters game - Ashes Cricket 2009

Ashes Cricket 09 better than EA Cricket?

• Yes, it will beat EA Cricket games

Votes: 137 57.6%
  • No, EA Cricket is far better than this

Votes: 21 8.8%
  • Have to wait for trailer and features to release

Votes: 53 22.3%
  • Maybe Cricket 09 beat Ashes Cricket 09

Votes: 27 11.3%

• Total voters
Squad should get announced soon, one more week till the Ashes.

I hope we get a demo, doubt it though.

Aussie squad has been announced already of course...they are in England now! The English squad doesn't get announced until Sunday after the various warm-up games starting this week. I imagine they will be awaiting the announcement of the squad before being able to proceed...in the meantime enjoy life, other things and relax!

Dutchad

Are the England/Aussies Ashes squad finalized? Without that, I don't think we can see a release. After they finalize the squad, last round of implementation and last round of smoke testing would be done and then they will make it ready for we end users. :)

So not to worry guys, it happens! :cool:

Well, I don't entirely agree. Both teams are naming squads of less than 23 players, and 23 are available in the game, so its HIGHLY unlikely someonewho didn't even make the 23 player AC09 squad for England is going to be put into the final squad of 15 or whatever it is England are having.

Arghhh, if it's August 8th I will be so annoyed. I want it to be July 3rd haha (as thats the earliest possible date I've heard) but that's exceptionally unlikely.

dajesmac added 1 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

Squad should get announced soon, one more week till the Ashes.

I hope we get a demo, doubt it though.

You know I hope we don't. That way the release doesn't have to be delayed another four weeks.

I don't see why they couldn't put out the demo at point of release, it would still serve the same purpose but not affect their sales at all. It would just save time.

I hope during one of the future editions of these games they include more levels of difficulty, with the hardest being World Class or SuperStar or something like that. NBA 2009 gave me that idea, and I think its better than having just 3, maybe 5 or 6 is the way to go, to increase the life span of the game.

What I don't get is where there has been no official trailers for this game yet? They have got to get some trailers out if its really releasing this month, even if they only just market it on youtube.

Man, I'm jsut playing PGA10. If EA can make a player creator as in depth as this one, I'll buy the game just for that alone.

They won't, though.

EA is crap, its the wal mart of video game companies, they just put of quantity and skip quality, except for maybe their 3 or 4 flagship games

Yeah true. But this player creator is pretty awesome IMO. Me and my dad made one for each of ourselves and it looks pretty much exactly like us.

Why do we need a player creator? Can't we use the webcam (just like Rainbow Six Vegas on 360) and map your own face. Saves time for the game creators in not spending a tool for face creation and ours in making each feature exact.
Obviously one should be able to tweak the player if required.

What I don't get is where there has been no official trailers for this game yet?
Licensing. They have to go through a long approval process to get even screenshots out that is out of their control. They'd love to be releasing a demo now and a tonne of videos, but there are limitations that take time to get past. As soon as PC get word of either of those things it will be posted, but it is out of their control for the most part.

Oh god, I HOPE it has Sulieman Benns awesome epileptic bowling action!

Tom (LC ) did mention somewhere in his preview that, if they had to make PES 6, they have to make PES 1 first. So and this game, after being previewed by our PC members, seem to be on the right track.

So let's try to be happy with something better rather than nothing.

And regarding demo, lets not worry guys, we have maintained our patience for 2 years since 2007 and waiting for a month or a two shouldn't be a problem. ;)

EA is crap, its the wal mart of video game companies, they just put of quantity and skip quality, except for maybe their 3 or 4 flagship games

Just as off the topic note, Wal-Mart retailers are my clients i.e clients of cognizant IT company where I am working. But I have no idea of their quality in products they sell but they have a strict quality team with them. Few weeks back, those Wal-Mart managers came to our place and we came to know how strict they are with clients and they have slogan like " Everything for Customers! ". These just struck my mind after reading " wal mart " in the post. :p

I don't get how Codemasters find it so hard to get screenshots/videos andd demos out when most other games (even low-budget ones) have plenty of pre-release media/info? You can't use the "they have to get it all approved" bollox because surely that rule applies to everyone?

It is not as simple as that, as it is the official Ashes 2009 if they are going to do some screenshots or a video they would want to use the England and Australian teams, to use them they have to send images/videos to the ECB and Cricket Australia, furthermore as they are using the Ashes name they also have to get approval from the MCC. To get all of these approvals takes considerable time.

Users who are viewing this thread