Next Codemasters game - Ashes Cricket 2009

Ashes Cricket 09 better than EA Cricket?

• Yes, it will beat EA Cricket games

Votes: 137 57.6%
  • No, EA Cricket is far better than this

Votes: 21 8.8%
  • Have to wait for trailer and features to release

Votes: 53 22.3%
  • Maybe Cricket 09 beat Ashes Cricket 09

Votes: 27 11.3%

• Total voters
How come EB Australia have the date and codemasters can not tell anyone yet,
I read on forum that uk was a week before everyone else , with GAME selling on the 7 august that would be right then.
There got to be valid reasons for releasing a month after the ashes start , lets hope we are not getting stuffed or that might knock sales a bit.
Codemasters sales will be knocked back a bit by not hitting the shelves by the start of the ashes

Last edited:
Well, my assumption is that those dates stores have are just an approximation codemasters might have given. As you should have understood by now final agreement has to be reached among everyone involved i.e licence and marketting etc.

already posted

thats final????????

Plus this is probably the date for the Wii version unless whitehornmatt is right about them delaying it to release all platforms at once.

A official IPL game on AC09 engine would be awesome.

Official IPL game, actually advertised in India will probably sell a million units.

Params7 added 4 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

Licensing. They have to go through a long approval process to get even screenshots out that is out of their control. They'd love to be releasing a demo now and a tonne of videos, but there are limitations that take time to get past. As soon as PC get word of either of those things it will be posted, but it is out of their control for the most part.

If Codemasters are holding them back then its a pity, they are just not going to get the hype they can potentially generate with a couple of trailers out to show to the world.

Brian Lara 2007 was a crappy game but it had some cool trailers :

Brian Lara International Cricket 2007 Video Game | Reviews, Trailers & Interviews | GameTrailers.com

But BLIC 07 was not given to PC members for the playtest like we did for Ashes 2009 I reckon. Especially, when members like Tom ( lazy chestnut ) have said 'good' to some features, then it's definitely 'better' for we gamers. I still remember the small fight we(myself & Tom) had over the minute observation of Tom in one of the screenshots of AC09. :p Tom observes a lot of minute details too incredibly! :p

So, I definitely expect this game to be miles better than other recent cricket games. ;)

But BLIC 07 was not given to PC members for the playtest like we did for Ashes 2009 I reckon. Especially, when members like Tom ( lazy chestnut ) have said 'good' to some features, then it's definitely 'better' for we gamers. I still remember the small fight we(myself & Tom) had over the minute observation of Tom in one of the screenshots of AC09. :p Tom observes a lot of minute details too incredibly! :p

So, I definitely expect this game to be miles better than other recent cricket games. ;)

Everyone who tested it said that the gameplay was different from previous versions and much better than any cricket game out today. Id say that is a positive sign.

Everyone who tested it said that the gameplay was different from previous versions and much better than any cricket game out today. Id say that is a positive sign.

Despite the Wii version not being a true simulation like many people on this forum wants in the 'perfect cricket videogame', I can confidently say to everyone (who owns or is about to own a Wii) that Ashes Cricket 2009 is well worth a look, seeing as its the ONLY proper cricket videogame on the Wii platform for the near future :D

Last edited:
My wonder is, how can they put it as "confirmed"? :confused: Really, it is misleading.

My wonder is, how can they put it as "confirmed"? Really, it is misleading.
Australian date listed on Atari AU site is confirmed but UK date is still a speculation. Those games shops sites are really misguiding the people. They simple use the dates they get in the websites like MCVUK or BHPress.

Users who are viewing this thread