Next Codemasters game - Ashes Cricket 2009

Ashes Cricket 09 better than EA Cricket?

• Yes, it will beat EA Cricket games

Votes: 137 57.6%
  • No, EA Cricket is far better than this

Votes: 21 8.8%
  • Have to wait for trailer and features to release

Votes: 53 22.3%
  • Maybe Cricket 09 beat Ashes Cricket 09

Votes: 27 11.3%

• Total voters
yea i cant see it being released on the 15th... eb is sticking to its 13 of august release... we have it on posters in store now... but you never know it could change. eitherway as soon as it arrives to the store i am grabbing my copy haha

I went to EB games in the Brookside shopping centre yesterday and asked for a release date. I looked at the screen as he brought up the results - 13/08/09.

Not sure how you can describe various press releases, screenshots and Q&As as no "formal marketing". Granted we all want official gameplay videos and a demo but I think you're being unfair.

I dont wanna piss u off as u look one of the owners of the site.
But i think we all should express our oppinions! Hope you dont delete this post.

Sounds more like you are kissing their asses, which is fair enough i guess.
I think if the people runing the site, dont confirm and they know it. The only explainable reason is that they want a better relationship with the ashes people instead of us the users. The amount of debate caused and hours wasted by people speculating is huge. All though maybe that is what they want on the site.

In case it is out this around mid July, which i dont think. These are my comments.

This was finally, something that the cricket community in general would benefit for. Cricket hasnt been as strong as it is now, and there is a need for a game that is able gather the masses. One does not reach the masses without good marketing and PR.

Jamie firth himself, said that he wants to get new players interested in the game. For that reason, u have to market your self very well.

Fair enough they dont have that much money at it is a niche market with potential to expand to the masses.

With internet and the viral marketing alot can be done for small budgets.

Regarding TV adverts, that is just crazy if u ask me...FIFA 09 got huge advert income coming, via banners in the stadiums and other elements. They are in a different class, one can not compare fifa marketing with Ashes 09.

I wish there would be some more info regarding release to confirm. I run a couple ofcommunity sites my self, always prioritize users. They will stick with you in the end.

Have a look at this Ashes Cricket 2009 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia...It says 10/07/2009 in UK and 17/07/2009 in AUS... wich means just 5 more days.....:banana2:banana2:banana2:banana2:banana2
Unsourced so I doubt these are correct. I wrote a section on that page called 'Release Date Confusion' explaining the situation but that has been removed and replaced with those dates. The person who wrote them also edited a Metal Gear Solid page so I don't think it is a Codemasters/Atari employee.

I agree with NZ0003 it cant be true, they would have made an announcement regarding it more than 7 days before, i think.

OK guys I've updated the dates there.. lol.. That's how much you can rely on the authenticity of Wikipedia information.. I thought putting August dates would be a better idea.. :p

Anyone of the opinion that the guys are prob waiting for the Ashes to start before giving us more hardcore info? I mean it sounds daft to say and obvious but maybe thats their angle...im pretty sure we will get the gameplay footage etc we all moan about during the first couple of days of test 1

Anyone of the opinion that the guys are prob waiting for the Ashes to start before giving us more hardcore info? I mean it sounds daft to say and obvious but maybe thats their angle...im pretty sure we will get the gameplay footage etc we all moan about during the first couple of days of test 1

Yes. They'll get plenty of free publicity once the Ashes starts and everyones focus is on it. No point wasting the advertising budget in the meantime.

Even on that podcast, wasn't something like some announcement is likely to turn up on Wednesday by Codies? I didn't hear that podcast, but I remember someone posting that. And it's the same day which Ashes starts too. If that is the case, it do make some sense. :)

Also with England likely-to-play squad getting announced today, I am sure, there would be some last minute work/testing going on in developers' place.

I disagree with last min. work from the developers.
It is not practical. Time will tell i presume.

Users who are viewing this thread