Next Codemasters game - Ashes Cricket 2009

Ashes Cricket 09 better than EA Cricket?

• Yes, it will beat EA Cricket games

Votes: 137 57.6%
  • No, EA Cricket is far better than this

Votes: 21 8.8%
  • Have to wait for trailer and features to release

Votes: 53 22.3%
  • Maybe Cricket 09 beat Ashes Cricket 09

Votes: 27 11.3%

• Total voters
I disagree with last min. work from the developers.
It is not practical. Time will tell i presume.

As per their information, something like they are waiting for squad announcement came up right? If that is the case, though that squad fix might be a minor thing to do but they can't just do it & leave it. Every developers have to do a last round of smoke testing to make sure, the system continues to serve in the stable side.

Anyways, like in Colin's signature i.e, 2 days & so many hours, I am also waiting for that, & not for Ashes but for this game announcement. :p

On a purely marketing stand point imagine the start of the first test match sounds like this "the 2009 ashes series is brought to you by codemasters ashes cricket 2009 for ps3, xbox 360 and pc" it works for me... and then 2 ads for it every session. and even signs around the ground.. even at each game. how best to build excitement over the offiicial game of the summer through the series of the summer.

seems to write itself a little lol

Makes sense. It's meant to come out about a week for Australia IIRC.

Funny though. The game is developed in Australia but is released one week later than its release in England. Well it might be a blessing in disguise for us as we get to read some reviews before buying. (I guess I'll be buying it regardless.. EB 7 day money back guarantee will come in handy :p)

When we went to our playtest the brand manager came down to talk to us, he the game would come out in UK first then a week later in Australia, he said that due to the sheer size of Australia they needed that extra week to ensure stock reached all parts of Australia.

Funny though. The game is developed in Australia but is released one week later than its release in England. Well it might be a blessing in disguise for us as we get to read some reviews before buying. (I guess I'll be buying it regardless.. EB 7 day money back guarantee will come in handy :p)

I guess depends on the manufacturing place and amount of units to be shipped. Morevoer, the game is being played in England not Australia:p so first preference would be England.

and the game although developed in aus... is probs all produced in england, so the game made here and then made there... which doesnt make sense but does... i dont know

shouldnt be posting while tired lol
it made sense to me lol

Got this in an email from the Australia Cricket Family today along with this:

Exclusive ACF Offer - $20 off "Ashes Cricket 2009"

Be one of the first to preorder your "Ashes Cricket 2009" game from Atari and receive $20 off the RRP. Simply present this voucher when you preorder at EB Games to receive the $20 off.

You can check out Callum Ferguson, Graham Manou, Mitchell Johnson, Shane Watson and James Hopes taking their turn on the controls by clicking here>.

The game will be available on Playstation 3, XBOX and PC, with a Wii version being relased later this year.

Limited time only. Not to be combined with any other offer. Not redeemable for cash.

To find your nearest store visit Home >> EB Games Australia >> We take games seriously™

so it looks like August 13

00023907-image.jpg

You can check out Callum Ferguson, Graham Manou, Mitchell Johnson, Shane Watson and James Hopes taking their turn on the controls by clicking here>. ???

I'm registered to the Australia Cricket Family yet I didn't get an email. :what

Gilly Fan added 0 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

You can check out Callum Ferguson, Graham Manou, Mitchell Johnson, Shane Watson and James Hopes taking their turn on the controls by clicking here>. ???

That's the video that was posted on the forum a month or so ago.

I'm registered to the Australia Cricket Family yet I didn't get an email. :what

Check your junk mail. In either case, you can simply print the attached image and take to EB Games for the discount I guess.

A $20 discount at EB should get you roughly to the price of every other store if you pop in on release date.

Users who are viewing this thread