Next Codemasters game - Ashes Cricket 2009

Ashes Cricket 09 better than EA Cricket?

• Yes, it will beat EA Cricket games

Votes: 137 57.6%
  • No, EA Cricket is far better than this

Votes: 21 8.8%
  • Have to wait for trailer and features to release

Votes: 53 22.3%
  • Maybe Cricket 09 beat Ashes Cricket 09

Votes: 27 11.3%

• Total voters
Wish codies would just stop all of this by giving us confirmed dates lol.

The marketing strategist of Codies deserve to face Brett Lee from 5 foot away without any protection:p:p... Only then he would learn how to market the game properly. No official video,trailer,demo:mad::mad::mad:

Haha thats a bit harsh, it hasnt even been the ashes yet. It makes sense to release them during the ashes.

I just want to play ASAP haha.

Haha thats a bit harsh, it hasnt even been the ashes yet. It makes sense to release them during the ashes.

I just want to play ASAP haha.

I too am quite restless however there is this seal launching game in the arcade that has me occupied!

If they don't hurry then i have one more option for them;). Even better than Brett lee. A wrestling match with Hayden:banana2:banana2:happy:happy

Still no trailers.

Looks like this will be a game released without any formal marketing or trailers. Some posters in EB Games, maybe a mention by commentators in real Ashes and that's it.

And then they complain about cricket games not selling well.

Looks like this will be a game released without any formal marketing or trailers. Some posters in EB Games, maybe a mention by commentators in real Ashes and that's it.

Not sure how you can describe various press releases, screenshots and Q&As as no "formal marketing". Granted we all want official gameplay videos and a demo but I think you're being unfair.

Not sure how you can describe various press releases, screenshots and Q&As as no "formal marketing". Granted we all want official gameplay videos and a demo but I think you're being unfair.
Every single FIFA game has various TV adverts, press previews, adverts inside stadiums, etc.

AC 2009 has had a couple of press releases and absolutely no advertising. If you didn't look for it, you wouldn't know it existed. They should have had way more press releases, maybe a TV advert, put the name of the game on hoardings inside the grounds, etc.

Skater is right, in my college i am the only person who knows bout thins game coz i visit PC frequently. None of the other gamers know about AC09's existence.... If you look at big games, they have trailers well before a demo and then release.

Australian release date has been confirmed:happy:happy as 15 july 09.Updated Australian Release List - 03/07/09 - PALGN Video Game Feature - PAL Gaming Network
Jamie said in a previous interview that Aussie release would be a week after English release. If Jamie sticks to his words:upray:upray then this should release on 8th july in England;)

so its releasing after 3 days or on 15th its hard to believe but i hope it does release that fast

damn...i dont understand why no one on the site are confirming it....and why codemaster is not confirming it themselfs...:(

So weird....

I've written to PALGn staff to check where the hell they got a Confirmation date.
Hopefully they reply soon.

Look a few sites have differant release dates if people want to beleive the 15th July fine I believe GAme the 7 th august buti wish it comes out in july

yea i cant see it being released on the 15th... eb is sticking to its 13 of august release... we have it on posters in store now... but you never know it could change. eitherway as soon as it arrives to the store i am grabbing my copy haha

Users who are viewing this thread