Next Codemasters game - Ashes Cricket 2009

Ashes Cricket 09 better than EA Cricket?

• Yes, it will beat EA Cricket games

Votes: 137 57.6%
  • No, EA Cricket is far better than this

Votes: 21 8.8%
  • Have to wait for trailer and features to release

Votes: 53 22.3%
  • Maybe Cricket 09 beat Ashes Cricket 09

Votes: 27 11.3%

• Total voters
I guess they have a plan to launch the game in the presence of both teams to get instant publicity. They might arrange a exclusive hands/release party just before the first test or after the first test to increase the interest.

Jamie once said that Ashes Cricket 2010 would be better than AC09. I realised that next year there wont be a ashes, then whats the point in naming a game Ashes Cricket 2010 without ashes?? So we might not get AC successor next year. If Jamie wan to release another game next year then he should Try to get license of other two countries and create the theme of the game baed on that with gameplay remaining same as AC09 or better. For example, Border Gavasker Trophy 2010, Chappel Hadlee Trophy 2010 or If they can then try to get IPL License. A official IPL game on AC09 engine would be awesome.

Don't know if people have seen this but I thought I'd post it anyway.

p0207091405.jpg

No need for an IPL game since you can achieve similar scores in BLC2007 anyways. Please lets not get Codies attention back to Arcadish game. Let them first polish it the way we want it.

FaWaD added 1 Minutes and 14 Seconds later...

Don't know if people have seen this but I thought I'd post it anyway.

p0207091405.jpg

If thats an Official poster then we have a date..
Is it EBGames poster or an official one posted at the shop?

"REALISTIC & AUTHENTIC GAMEPLAY" is included on this poster. That's a big claim for a cricket game. Hope it lives up to it!

So i think its almost confirmed that game is releasing on august 13.

I am gonna go and pre-order my copy.. hopefully JB Hi-fi sell it cheaper.. hehe

Although there is still on official word but I guess game will be released some time after the second Ashes test. July will go dry :(

yea this game is looking good we have screenshots and videos now all we really need is a demo to see if this game is not a BLIC 2007 honestly thats all im waiting for and also maybe an ign review wouldnt be bad also

EDIT:

Thank god the demo is worldwide that means i can play it in Canada :)

Last edited:
Poster is official as it can get. This is instore at EB Games. Giant Poster hanging in the middle of the shop.

Think about it, the Wii version was set for late in the year initially, so perhaps it has just been as simple as delaying it on other platforms to release all at once. Makes sense from a marketing perspective.

Its funny how it says "Authentic Bowling...Realistic Fielding" etc on the back of my BLIC 07 case.

Doesnt make sense to me releasing an official game of a sporting event toward the end of that event (unless they're mistakenly classing the bloated one day series aswell). It would be like releasing an olympic tie in game a few days before the closing ceremony.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread