Next Codemasters game - Ashes Cricket 2009

Ashes Cricket 09 better than EA Cricket?

• Yes, it will beat EA Cricket games

Votes: 137 57.6%
  • No, EA Cricket is far better than this

Votes: 21 8.8%
  • Have to wait for trailer and features to release

Votes: 53 22.3%
  • Maybe Cricket 09 beat Ashes Cricket 09

Votes: 27 11.3%

• Total voters
Ashes Cricket 2009 Relase Date Confirmed

Atari have officially released news that Ashes Cricket 2009 will be released on 13th August 2009 in Australia. The UK release date is not known, but a release date of 7th August 2009 has been mentioned previously.

Once we have confirmation, we will announce.

For the South Africans checking out the thread, I saw that BT games in Cape Town had the Ashes release date in SA set at 14 August. This seems pretty accurate to me...

Atari have officially released news that Ashes Cricket 2009 will be released on 13th August 2009 in Australia. The UK release date is not known, but a release date of 7th August 2009 has been mentioned previously.

Not official mate, still dont get how that crap website can claim Official release dates when they're unofficial and have just made an educated guess.

Well it's going to be Aug 13/7th whether you like it or not...

I'd be quite happy suggesting August 13 is the Australian date, but posters have had things stuck over the top of them before. But PC won't be posting an official date until we've received one through our contacts at Codemasters.

Pre order dates on websites are not substantial enough for me to say 'confirmed'.

Good news. So we should be getting it around the same time as Aus right?

Well it's going to be Aug 13/7th whether you like it or not...
That's right!. Completely agree with you. People should have some patience. You can't force Codies and make them release early than the decided date.

Nothing earth-shattering but I had this from Codies earlier in the week:

The release date will hopefully be announced this week with the first trailer for the game.

Clearly they didn't manage to announce this week so we're still speculating...

The way they are keep delaying the announcement makes me wonder if they want to delay the release beyond August !

The way they are keep delaying the announcement makes me wonder if they want to delay the release beyond August !

that cannot happen, someone should tell them that the ODI series does not count as the Ashes

Clearly they didn't manage to announce this week so we're still speculating...
Thats what happened with the Wii press release too. No problems, I think it will be coming this coming week. The trailer will act like a eye candy :p

Asking a nOObish question :-

why don't cricket games have player likeliness like football video games. For example Pes 10 doesn't have all the licenses but still they have player names and faces like Pes series. Agreed that Pes have the champions league licensed but their normal friendly modes still have the same players although the team names are changed ( example of the Barclay's English Premiere League). Although I know it has got to do with licensing issues but I don't understand the difference between the two instances. Can anyone kindly elaborate?

Users who are viewing this thread