Next Codemasters game - Ashes Cricket 2009

Ashes Cricket 09 better than EA Cricket?

• Yes, it will beat EA Cricket games

Votes: 137 57.6%
  • No, EA Cricket is far better than this

Votes: 21 8.8%
  • Have to wait for trailer and features to release

Votes: 53 22.3%
  • Maybe Cricket 09 beat Ashes Cricket 09

Votes: 27 11.3%

• Total voters
Haha, nah it looks like he's done a good job with the game, and yeah I admit I didn't properly take into account that he might have been using not so complicated cricket terminology as to make sure non-die-hard fans watching the interview would understand.

yea pretty much... my brother isnt a big cricket nut and whenever he hears the family guy ep when the bar gets bought by a brit. they have cricket on the tv and the announcer says "The new bowler for Somerset is off Spinner Heath who has a cover, point, long on, square leg, deep extra cover and two short legs."

he laughs so much at the two short legs... because he doesnt get it. still funny though

sorry off topic a bit lol

God there is nothing I hate more than explaining cricket to Americans. Stupid tits dont ever understand it. They always say "dont that like last for 5 days or somthing"
Its quite funny because American football is arguably much more complicated than cricket. I think its just a mental block they have because of baseball (the bastard offspring of cricket)

on TOPIC : any ads on TV? news? anything? Lords is here, its the showpiece of the series. Codies really letting us down.

Saw that back in Codies forum Helios has posted that " We've got an official release date and some in-game trailers coming soon everyone, so just hang tight for a lil while longer and all will be revealed! ".
So hopefully we will get some info by today or tomorrow.

Saw that back in Codies forum Helios has posted that " We've got an official release date and some in-game trailers coming soon everyone, so just hang tight for a lil while longer and all will be revealed! ".

Many of the forum members are thinking the same way, before visting this forum daily.. :p

Thanks for the info
no demos though?

God there is nothing I hate more than explaining cricket to Americans. Stupid tits dont ever understand it. They always say "dont that like last for 5 days or somthing"
Its quite funny because American football is arguably much more complicated than cricket. I think its just a mental block they have because of baseball (the bastard offspring of cricket)

on TOPIC : any ads on TV? news? anything? Lords is here, its the showpiece of the series. Codies really letting us down.

Yeah.. Thats true.
But one of my NA friends did enjoy the T20 matches.

yea i cant see how baseball is seen as being so good... i find it boring. but i do guess its each to their own.

you know whats strange... on the codemasters site they have a release date for dirt 2 which is 10th of september... but still none on the site for ashes

Question
If me and my mate was to both buy A C 2009 and we played against each other with him at his house and me at mine, private online game sort of thing.

Q1 If he was bowling at me, would I see where he is pitching the ball prior to the delivery.

IF THAT IS THE CASE, WHATS THE POINT IN PLAYING 2 PLAYER.
IF THE BATSMAN ALREADY KNOWS THE LINE AND LENGTH, HE KNOWS WETHER TO PLAY BACKFOOT OR FRONT AND WHAT TYPE OF SHOT ETC BEFROE THE BALL HAS BEEN DELIVERED.

Do you know what I mean.

I thinks its crap if you do, but I suppose there is no way round that problem.

^ you can turn the pitch indicator off, IIRC from the play test. They might also have the fake out option where u can choose to show a false indicator to throw off the batsman (like in EA 07)

Question
If me and my mate was to both buy A C 2009 and we played against each other with him at his house and me at mine, private online game sort of thing.

Q1 If he was bowling at me, would I see where he is pitching the ball prior to the delivery.

IF THAT IS THE CASE, WHATS THE POINT IN PLAYING 2 PLAYER.
IF THE BATSMAN ALREADY KNOWS THE LINE AND LENGTH, HE KNOWS WETHER TO PLAY BACKFOOT OR FRONT AND WHAT TYPE OF SHOT ETC BEFROE THE BALL HAS BEEN DELIVERED.

Do you know what I mean.

I thinks its crap if you do, but I suppose there is no way round that problem.

To get around this you have to use the bowling system that allows it to look like your bowling an outswinger but just before delivery use the inswing delivery (example). Therefore your opponent sat in the room is still none the wiser :)

Users who are viewing this thread