Next Icc?

GilchristRulz

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi, don't post aot here but decided to was just wondering if or when the next ICC is out don't you think it should have 20/20 in online mode? also international teams in online too? it would make much more sense and more realistic i for one would love to see these online as it will be great to play with friends and cousins. But does anyone have any type of news for the next ICC?

Thanks.:D

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I would think that it would not come out for a while, considering that they are working on a patch for the ICC08 version. And those features could have easily been placed in the past few versions, but they haven't and so there may be a good reason for this. I'm not sure.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
The next installment I'm led to believe will come out in time for the Ashes 09.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
The next installment I'm led to believe will come out in time for the Ashes 09.

Well it would do wouldn't it :p It'll be a roster update, packaged up and sent on its way to the people who're stupid enough to buy it.

Sureshot

Executive member
Yes, because that's all that the series has been of late. Ignoring the new 3d match engine...

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Nigel, you know i'm a fan of what Childish Things are doing. You know as well as I do, that the Ashes version next year with technically be a roster update for £20.

The 3D graphics does add something, i'll be honest, but i'd rather have more features to make captaining a team "more real," rather than some shocking 3d match engine.

Sureshot

Executive member
I've been making far more tactical decisions because of the 3D, it's quality is irrelevant. It's a great tool for improving your team.

I want go into anything I know about next years game.

Owzat

International Coach
I'd like a few more football management type features. Maybe rate the skills like Cricket 07/08/09/whatever. I would love them to have named coaches with their own ratings and with the ratings of skills you could SEE the players improve rather than just have some kind of form indicator.

I'd also like a function to have (or not) a youth team and 2nd XI with autogenerated results and the option to manage those teams instead. Just imagine if you had a "trials" session, coach reports of players indicating their pace, potential, accuracy etc and had to sign these kids rather than assess based on their value, age and 2nd XI averages.

T20 is neither here nor there to me, it has a place in the game as it does in reality, but county cricket is what? 16 Championship games, say a dozen one dayers for the domestic cup and a sunday league that is everything but later in the season. T20 is a 2-3 week period in the middle of the season, QFs and then a "finals day". It needs inclusion but is no more a focal point than the ICC trophy, Stanford superfarce or the World Cup. It's a form of the cricket, schedule it the same as the other games in a season/year

To be perfectly honest is ICC 3 that different to say Cricket Captain 2000? It has a few nice additions, but in essence it is still so similar it's farcical.

Yogy

Club Cricketer
There should be rain even in Limited over games and also introduce DuckWorth-Lewis Method.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Nigel, you know i'm a fan of what Childish Things are doing. You know as well as I do, that the Ashes version next year with technically be a roster update for £20.

The 3D graphics does add something, i'll be honest, but i'd rather have more features to make captaining a team "more real," rather than some shocking 3d match engine.
I can tell you for a fact that you're a long way off there. There will new features, some of them long called for and very welcome.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
I said some of the new features have been suggested and wanted for a long time, and will be very welcome.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
It's already been hinted, but Chris is working on getting licenses for domestic leagues in other countries, which will change the entire contract system. It won't just be one more either. That's what it seems at this stage.

Users who are viewing this thread