No Autoplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
0601731 said:
rahulk666 said:
What are you talking about?? I think you are confusing the Advance shot with front foot shot. BLIC does not have the advance shot option (i think)

yes blic has no advance shot and also you cannot chosee between frontfoot or backfoot shots like in c2k2 and c2k4 all you can do is either play a normal shot or an attacking shot link in blc99.
OMG... so we just play the shot and the AI will decide if it has to be front foot shot or back foot?? (Andrew, I don't think with such controls we are really playing the game by ourselves either as you mentioned. *sarcasm*) That sucks. Sorry but I did not know this despite visiting the BLIC forums regularly.

As someone rightly mentioned BLIC looks like a arcade game. They have arcade like graphics that I knew but, this just makes it more "arcadish".

Last edited:
rahulk666 said:
OMG... so we just play the shot and the AI will decide if it has to be front foot shot or back foot?? (Andrew, I don't think with such controls we are playing the game really by ourselves as you mentioned. *sarcasm*) That sucks. Sorry but I did not know this despite visiting the BLIC forums regularly.

As someone rightly mentioned BLIC looks like a arcade game. They have arcade like graphics that I knew but, this just makes it more "arcadish".
Have you played BLC99??
There were no frontfoot and backfoot shots, i mean they are in the game but depending on the bounce of the ball the CPU decides whether a backfoot shot or frontfoot shot should be assigned and its prety good.
That doesn't matter really(not at all) but there should randomization in the direction of shots like every cover drive should not go in same direction etc.. and if u play BLC99 u will come to know what im talking about.

Mahesh Babu said:
Have you played BLC99??
There were no frontfoot and backfoot shots, i mean they are in the game but depending on the bounce of the ball the CPU decides whether a backfoot shot or frontfoot shot should be assigned and its prety good.
That doesn't matter really(not at all) but there should randomization in the direction of shots like every cover drive should not go in same direction etc.. and if u play BLC99 u will come to know what im talking about.
No I didn't play BLC99. Did the ball go to same location every time a particular shot was hit?? That is absolutely arcade stuff!! I guess I will play Stickcricket rather than buying BLIC. Thanks you guys for opening my eyes.

Its Amazing.People dont want to bowl in cricket yet they criticize Bowling controls (that this should be there in bowling ,that should not be there).Then why u people worry about bowling when u use autoplay

1.spoof names
2.no advance shot
3.cannot choose between front and backfoot shots.(arcadish)
4.no autoplay
5.poor graphics

now,buying blic is doubtful for me.

jk16_4 said:
1.spoof names
2.no advance shot
3.cannot choose between front and backfoot shots.(arcadish)
4.no autoplay
5.poor graphics

now,buying blic is doubtful for me.

1. The spoof names can be easily changed via the player editor. How hard is it to change Shane Warnby to Shane Warne? Not an issue!

2. In real life cricket the advance shot is rarely used only when going for a slog. Seriously how many times a game would you play it? Once, or twice? It's not that big a deal.

3. When playing the original BLC even though you could not chooser between front and back foot shots it was obvious whether it would be a front or back foot shot due to where the ball was pitched. For example when the ball was pitched short on the off and you played an offside shot the batsman would play a cut, whereas if the ball was pitched up it would be a drive. Furthermore, how many times have played front foot in EA cricket when you should have played backfoot, or vice versa.

4. The fact that there is no autoplay is a GOOD point. It means the bowling is very good and needs to be mastered. The way I see it if a cricket game has autoplay, the bowling is atrocious and should not even be there.

5. I completely disagree here, I think it has very good graphics. The pitch, atmosphere, crowd and players look superb and give it a great feel.

autoplay is a must in a cricket game because the majority of people do autoplay especially when bowling. I sometimes like to bowl and bat without autoplay but i certainly do autoplay and this non-feature in the game may deter people form purchasing the game.

The issue about front and back foot shots makes very little difference in my opinion. Here's why.

In Cricket 2004 (and from what I have played of the demo, 2005. Oh no wait, it's the same game) the "borderline" cases where the ball was on a good length could be played with either front foot or back foot and you were not penanlised. Quite the opposite in fact. It meant you had an extra degree of control over where to hit a perfectly good delivery, detracting from the point of bowling there in the first place. It meant you could not really set a field for it.

In real life, making an error of judgement in deciding whether to play front or back makes a massive difference. I don't think that this could be fairly portrayed in a computer game as you either go definately forward, or definately back. There is no inbetween which is what you may choose to do in real life. So it cannnot be simulated.

Having the computer choose front/back for you means that you have to know the game well when batting as you have to know what shot the computer will execute for you. And also when bowling, that difficult-to-play length must be precisely controlled using the knowledge of the batsmen to place your fielders correctly.

I would compare this control method to that of the shooting control in Pro Evolution Soccer 4. You have no control over the power of your shot, only the height. This means you must "know" the game, and therefore whether you should shoot or pass to someone else. It seems dumb at first, but gets better with playing time.

Compare that shooting method to that of FIFA where you control your power and not the height. You can blast the ball stupidly hard whether you are turning away from goal, or the ball is layed back to you or whatever.

Anyway, I'm going a bit off-topic now. I really want to get a copy of the BLIC demo now so I can back up my predictions above with hard evidence!

Oh, and....

Why is it that when people are talking about the spoof names they find it necessary to give an example of a potential spoof name? Not having a dig, just curious. Everyone seems to do it.

@ kmk1284: My, my. That post contributed to the thread immensely. Well done.

No. People who autoplay are sad.

The only reason people don't want to bowl is if either the bowling controls are poo, or if they are childish and only like batting. I bet you're like that when/if you play real cricket. I've know people cry at if they don't get to bat first in the playground. Not that I go anywhere these days where there are playgrounds. That sort of thing is frowned upon these days.

Michael Jackson will tell you that.

EDIT: Cleared of all charges, sorry.

No autoplay, so don't play tests! Easy. I am sure you could atleast bowl 50 overs, or even 20. I never autoplay-supposing you autoplay and a bowler picks up 7 wickets, it goes in your Hall Of Fame, and you didn't do it! I like to achieve all my records through my own work, not the CPU's...

Well here's my input:

Firstly, not everybody has time to sit for 3-4 hours to bowl for an entire innings, then you still have to bat. Having said that I don't think this autoplay thing is as big a deal as some make it to be. BLC 99 didn't have an autoplay either, it had a simulate innings feature I believe. You guys can correct me on this but I would expect a simulate innings feature from CM at least. Most of us should be happy with that.

This was just a quick thought I had, worst case scenario and we can't simulate innings or autoplay. Maybe we can have the comp play against it self. I.e Don't choose either team and run the match like that. Just a quick thought like I said.

alickv said:
Well here's my input:

Firstly, not everybody has time to sit for 3-4 hours to bowl for an entire innings, then you still have to bat. Having said that I don't think this autoplay thing is as big a deal as some make it to be. BLC 99 didn't have an autoplay either, it had a simulate innings feature I believe. You guys can correct me on this but I would expect a simulate innings feature from CM at least. Most of us should be happy with that.

This was just a quick thought I had, worst case scenario and we can't simulate innings or autoplay. Maybe we can have the comp play against it self. I.e Don't choose either team and run the match like that. Just a quick thought like I said.
Generate Innings is Autoplay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread