No Autoplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as the bowling is fun, it doesn't really bother me whether or not there is autoplay. As Andrew said, what are save games for?

Well autoplay is not exactly fun when u can swing in and out late or early and bam-boozles and the game is fast so i doubt whether i would get bored and plus i have a brother i can tell him to take control of the game when i get bored

no man. this game is a very good game for a saturday as i have nothing to do and its summer. it will be nice playing one match a day. love this game it gonna last the whole year i bet unlike others like midnight club, need for speed, some wwe game. you beat 10 - 30 percent of the game a day. this game is not like that. i dont think cm left this out, its something they dont want to put in the game because it ruines the fun. whats the point of making 280 runs if you arent gonna play the whole match.

To be honest I cannot believe that autoplay isn't included in BLIC. Like people have said some people don't have the time to play an entire test match. Sure, it's fine saving the game but I, for one, would lose interest in that particular match if I constantly had to do that over a prolonged period of time (For me, I'd play at the most about 2 hours a night after work so it would take a while for me to complete a test-match.)

I think a lot of people will just want to be able to turn their PC/Xbox/PS2 on and play a game without becoming bored of batting or bowling which I think they would if there's no autoplay.

Personally, I think that with all the hype surrounding BLIC people are setting themselves up to be disappointed. I'm sure it will be a good game but I guarantee we'll hear all sorts of complaints about it once it's released.

If you worried about how long the game is going to take to play why dony you just save it then come back to it. By the way the bowling on BLIC is excellent with proper swing seam etc and you actually have to work to get the batsman out.

nickypoo said:
If you worried about how long the game is going to take to play why dony you just save it then come back to it. By the way the bowling on BLIC is excellent with proper swing seam etc and you actually have to work to get the batsman out.

Yeah, I understand that and that's what people will have to do but maybe it's just me but I think I will lose interest in the particular match if I am constantly having to stop/start again and again over a prolonged period.

i dun mind not having auto play.

so the advance shot and front/back foot selection issues... are these definatly not in the game or is it just an issue in the demo?

Midas said:
To be honest I cannot believe that autoplay isn't included in BLIC. Like people have said some people don't have the time to play an entire test match. Sure, it's fine saving the game but I, for one, would lose interest in that particular match if I constantly had to do that over a prolonged period of time (For me, I'd play at the most about 2 hours a night after work so it would take a while for me to complete a test-match.)

I think a lot of people will just want to be able to turn their PC/Xbox/PS2 on and play a game without becoming bored of batting or bowling which I think they would if there's no autoplay.

Personally, I think that with all the hype surrounding BLIC people are setting themselves up to be disappointed. I'm sure it will be a good game but I guarantee we'll hear all sorts of complaints about it once it's released.
I understand, but just play Twenty20 matches. They are more fun and are easy to complete in a day, even with C2K4, which means BLIC should be a breeze...

Can't wait for the Demo :)

Sureshot said:
Autoplay is for lazy people!
Its for people who only get time during weekends and can afford to play the game for only 2 or 3 hours.

Sureshot said:
Autoplay is for lazy people!
autoplay is for people who dont have enough time.

ZoraxDoom said:
I understand, but just play Twenty20 matches. They are more fun and are easy to complete in a day, even with C2K4, which means BLIC should be a breeze...

Can't wait for the Demo :)
If he's restricted to Twenty20 games then he's hardly experiencing what the game has to offer- Codies are alienating the arcadey type audience which they seem to be looking at based on the puzzling choices in regard to front/back/advance shots. You people who think that it's not an issue are taking a remarkably short sighted view of things- even assuming that the AI is absolutely perfect and the bowling system is reasonably good, I'm sure some people don't want to have to take the time to play 450 overs worth of cricket- if you say that they should just play one dayers, then once again Codies have really restricted options for players in the game. Also, assuming good AI, if you hit a perfect wicket then you may end up bowling 150+ overs to the CPU- now I don't think that's fun at all in video game form, in real life certainly but this is not real life. Basically there's now two options, have great AI and force the player to slave through hundreds of unrewarding overs, or have sh*t AI and eliminate the option of having a competitive game- even in Cricket 2004 I could get a decent game from the CPU by autoplaying the embarassingly bad bowling, but what the hell do I do here when we figure out the bowling system (which I'm sure we will)? Just give them runs? Complete crap- and everything I've said is based on the fact that the bowling system at least will be mildly interesting, what's the other case scenario?

Its not that people don't like bowling and select the autoplay option....Just see Cricekt2004 which was playable in 50overs only by autoplaying it (due to runout bug).So if there are bugs in the game it would become nightmare bowling those 50 overs.If the AI is well designed and If the game can promise minimal bugs then its a good that there is no autoplay option or else Sam has to again make some bugfree.exe file to bowl 50 overs.

morgs said:
1. The spoof names can be easily changed via the player editor. How hard is it to change Shane Warnby to Shane Warne? Not an issue!
It is not hard but a pain. each team will have minimum 20 players. 10 times 20 = 200 players. We have to change at the minimum 200 names??

morgs said:
2. In real life cricket the advance shot is rarely used only when going for a slog. Seriously how many times a game would you play it? Once, or twice? It's not that big a deal.

Once or twice yes, but we do play it right?? People complained about wicketkeeper not fielding the ball. HOw many time does wicketkrrper field the ball when the batsman drops the ball at his feet?? Once or twice?? Then why did we make such a big deal about that??

morgs said:
3. When playing the original BLC even though you could not chooser between front and back foot shots it was obvious whether it would be a front or back foot shot due to where the ball was pitched. For example when the ball was pitched short on the off and you played an offside shot the batsman would play a cut, whereas if the ball was pitched up it would be a drive. Furthermore, how many times have played front foot in EA cricket when you should have played backfoot, or vice versa.

If the pitch is damp, in C2K4 one can play a front foot shot to short ball as the ball does not rise. the front foot drive often beats the fielder in this such cases. plus the feature of front foot and back foot drive gives the controls to the user unlike just pressing a button and computer figuring out which shot to play

morgs said:
4. The fact that there is no autoplay is a GOOD point. It means the bowling is very good and needs to be mastered. The way I see it if a cricket game has autoplay, the bowling is atrocious and should not even be there.

You have to understand that not all people have the time to "master" the game. Some people just play computer games for recreation and relaxation, not to be subjected to forcefully bowl in cricket game.

morgs said:
5. I completely disagree here, I think it has very good graphics. The pitch, atmosphere, crowd and players look superb and give it a great feel.

Makes me wonder are you still playing DOS games?? 640x480 resolution 256 color depth?? BLIC has good graphics... LOL biggest joke of the century.

One thing is for certain even with the best of efforts the auto play cannot be patched. Things like not being able to throw to the bowler can be fixed with few hex changes but autoplay can't be. That said we can change the save files quite sure, we can change the score using some kind of save mod and set it to a score we like but it's not going to be like autoplay for sure.

I do believe it's nice when you have a choice to play backfoot and front foot it adds to the realism of the game play. Now with backfoot and front foot shots not available all you need to do is time it based on a meter. It requires no real knowledge of the game in that case. All you can do is wait for a ball being bowled and press a key along side direction to play the shot to its best. Somehow I am now not convinced this game is going to be any better but am happy to test it out myself when it is released.

That said I am not favoring EA sports, with confidence I can say that will be a bummer and am not even going to speculate playing with it for more than couple of days. They have had their chances so far and come out cropper.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread