No Autoplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive got time to play 4 innings in one session of gameplay...........i try every ball to get a wicket and even enjoy a long grinding match . then at least i feel ive got to bat better etc , anyway my life of luxury and continuous gameplay suits cricket games well , so glad theres no auto (softy i cant bowl boohoo) play . bring on the ashes in real life and the 2 new cricket games !!!

hm i dont really mind the advance shot...i can honestly say, ive never used it. as for autoplay, i think it makes the game harder....which is easy cuz Cric 04 was p*** easy. i would only auto play bowling because, ive gotten teams out for under 100 about 60% of the test innings ive bowled, so i would autoplay to make it a competitive, and thus more fun, game.

CaptainOZ said:
LOL. You are one funny son of a gun. I like it.

As for autoplay, I'm glad it's not in the game. For goodness sake, just save your progress. If you want to play a full game and don't have much time, then restrict yourself to a Twenty20 match. IMO, you don't deserve to play a Test Match, or even a one-dayer for that matter, if you choose not to bowl and simply "generate" an innings from the CPU.

Traditionally, this game known as cricket is supposed to take a long time...we're not playing rock-paper-scissors here!
You got to understand some peple play the game exclusively for batting.

sameer0807 said:
Having a no Autoplay feature means, coodies are really confident about bowling feature. I'm sure bowling will be as much as fun as batting.
Nope... that means they don't have the expertise to include it in the game. Stop making stupid conclusions.

andrew_nixon said:
In that case, you're not playing the game fully.
Well I will be paying freaking money for the game am I not?? So why does it matter if I play the game fully or partly or keep it locked in safe deposit vault? And how difficult would it be to add autoplay feature... a little bit of AI... thats it right??

Seriously BLIC is for arcade loving people. I have nothing against them. BLIC is over for me... I am going with C2K5.

Hey Andrew, I wanted to ask you this. May be you know. I asked it before but did not get any response. Is it possible for me to bat for both the sides in BLIC... What i mean is that If I am playing Ind vs. Aus can i bat for India... save the game and then reload the saved game and bat for Australia?? (Something like Savtweak patch that made it possbile in C2k5) Is this possible...?? that will actually make me think of buying BLIC.

Last edited:
rahulk666 said:
Well I will be paying freaking money for the game am I not?? So why does it matter if I play the game fully or partly or keep it locked in safe deposit vault? And how difficult would it be to add autoplay feature... a little bit of AI... thats it right??

Seriously BLIC is for arcade loving people. I have nothing against them. BLIC is over for me... I am going with C2K5.

Woah! Hang about. No autoplay means its for arcade loving people? How did you come to that conclusion?

stevie said:
Woah! Hang about. No autoplay means its for arcade loving people? How did you come to that conclusion?
Exactly. Autoplay is for the people who want an arcade game. People who want a proper cricket game don't want autoplay.

stevie said:
I didn't say it was for arcade loving people becuse of autoplay... Autoplay is one of the many shortcomings... The feature that makes it truly arcade like is no front foot and back foot shot + no advance shot... Just one button does it all... press one button and you are done... no brainer... just like pointing gun towards the TV screen and pressing the trigger like games (down+right arrow keys does not mean two buttons, just to make myself clear).

andrew_nixon said:
Exactly. Autoplay is for the people who want an arcade game. People who want a proper cricket game don't want autoplay.
Andrew can you answer my question about BLIC i asked in post #65 in this thread?

rahulk666 said:
I didn't say it was for arcade loving people becuse of autoplay... Autoplay is one of the many shortcomings... The feature that makes it truly arcade like is no front foot and back foot shot + no advance shot... Just one button does it all... press one button and you are done... no brainer... just like pointing gun towards the TV screen and pressing the trigger like games (down+right arrow keys does not mean two buttons, just to make myself clear).

In terms of Playstation controls, the X, square and circle button's are already in use. The lack of front/back foot shot selection is one of the very few gripes I have with the game though.

rahulk666 said:
You got to understand some peple play the game exclusively for batting.

Nope... that means they don't have the expertise to include it in the game. Stop making stupid conclusions.

Well excuuuuuuuuuse me! I don't intend on buying half a game. If you only wish to bat, then the lack of autoplay is just your bad luck. Good luck with that whole EA C2K5 thing.

CaptainOZ said:
Well excuuuuuuuuuse me! I don't intend on buying half a game. If you only wish to bat, then the lack of autoplay is just your bad luck. Good luck with that whole EA C2K5 thing.
Well thanks... and you are always welcome to join the club ;)

andrew_nixon said:
How am I supposed to know about wether a sav-tweak style editor is possible for a game that isn't even out yet?
I mean was it possible to do like this in BLC99?? I think if it was possible in BLC99 it may be possible in BLIC 2005...

Why such a big deal about Autoplay? Give bowling a chance and see if it's any good, the autoplay on cricket 2004 was awful anyway, massive totals for barely any wickets with an extremely slow run rate.

I think BLIC has missed a trick by not including front and back foot shots, but I'm not that fussed about the advance shot. The advance shot essentially ruined Cricket 2004 making it possible to hit every ball for six and it would have been better off without it. If you can't implement something well don;t bother with it

Jon S said:
Why such a big deal about Autoplay? Give bowling a chance and see if it's any good, the autoplay on cricket 2004 was awful anyway, massive totals for barely any wickets with an extremely slow run rate.

I think BLIC has missed a trick by not including front and back foot shots, but I'm not that fussed about the advance shot. The advance shot essentially ruined Cricket 2004 making it possible to hit every ball for six and it would have been better off without it. If you can't implement something well don;t bother with it

Dude you got to understand that not every one is at their mid teenage years in here,They got jobs and wifes and kids to take care of and playing one game for 4 hours bowling and batting takes alot of time which some people in here doesnt have that time to play the game fully meaning batting 50 overs and bowling 50 overs =100 overs,and If you follow test cricket closely you would see how long it takes to full fill those 100 overs.

Jon S said:

Well for the last time I am not saying that C2K4 was a bench mark product. It had bugs... lot of them but the features C2K4 has is a lot more than BLIC...

BLIC could have picked up these features and given us a feature-rich, bug-free product... but what we are really getting from C2k5 is a feature-rich buggy game and what we are getting from BLIC is a bug-free minimal-features game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread