Story npower Tests, Natwest Series, Natwest Challenge

I am new to this site and everyday i have read ur thread the series has kept be on the edge of my seat ur stories and matches are amazing keep up the good work. I have the game on ps2 i may also start posting stories but my screen shots would only be photos taken with a digital camera would this be alright

Im gonna do that when i finish my ahses tour, a new diary with pics form my digital camera, i just got a new one and the quality is very good from tv.

thanks mate for the compliments, and digital camera screens will do fine.

screenshots arent compulsory or anything but they just make your stories a lot more interactive.

India vs Australia at Cardiff (Autoplayed)

Overcast, mild, medium chance of rain. Damp pitch.

Ponting won the toss and decided to field first. Both teams are resting some of their regular players, as this match has no real importance.

India: Tendulkar, Sehwag, Ganguly, Laxman, Yuvraj, Gavaskar, Patel, Agarkar, Pathan, Zaheer, Kumble
Australia: Hayden, Gilchrist, Ponting, Martyn, Clarke, Katich, Harvey, Hogg, Bichel, Gillespie, Kasprowicz

India 234-9 (50 Overs)
V. Laxman 65(72)
A. Agarkar 35(54)

J. Gillespie 3/38
I. Harvey 3/44

Australia 235-2 (45.5 Overs)
A. Gilchrist 120(135)
M. Hayden 52(65)

S. Tendulkar 1/31
I. Pathan 1/46

Result: Australia won by 8 wickets.
Man of the Match: Adam Gilchrist
Australia 5 points, India 1 point

Points table updated

Attachments

• table2.html
    5.7 KB · Views: 21
lol mate. they started off well in their tour of england, winning the first test at lords. but since them everything went wrong for 'em. an innings defeat in the second test at edgbaston, and then not winning a single match in the natwest series.

lol mate. they started off well in their tour of england, winning the first test at lords. but since them everything went wrong for 'em. an innings defeat in the second test at edgbaston, and then not winning a single match in the natwest series.

haahahah sounds like the real indian team.....at least the old one....greatly hailed, badly failed. The new one at least is performing consistently. however if they keep coming back like the asia cup perforamcne from holidays, they should stop taking them (breaks)

The NatWest Series
The Final
England v Australia
Lords, London

lords.jpg

Hello and welcome to this grand final of the NatWest Series 2004, which will be played between the hosts England and the World and ICC Trophy champions, Australia. It should be a cracker, as these two arch-rivals fight each other to win the Natwest Series trophy. Australia are unbeaten in this tournament, winning all the six matches of the group stages, notching up a total of 31 points in the process. They are without a shadow of a doubt, the strong favourites for lifting the trophy. But can England end the Aussie's winning streak and win the trophy themselves. They havent beaten the Australians for a long time in a one day international, but can they do it today? Well we will just have to wait and see.

Lets rewind and have a look at all that matches that were played in the group stages. Three teams started, England, India and Australia.
1st Match - June 24, 2004 - England beat India by six wickets at Edgbaston
2nd Match - June 26, 2004 - Australia beat England by six wickets (D/L method) at Old Trafford
3rd Match - June 28, 2004 - Australia beat India by six wickets at Taunton
4th Match - June 30, 2004 - England beat India by five wickets at The Oval
5th Match - July 2, 2004 - Australia beat England by one wicket at Chester-Le-Street
6th Match - July 4, 2004 - Australia beat India by 25 runs (D/L method) at Southampton
7th Match - July 6, 2004 - England beat India by five wickets at Headingley
8th Match - July 8, 2004- Australia beat England by 116 runs at Lords
9th Match - July 12, 2004 - Australia beat India by 8 wickets at Cardiff

So clearly you can see the domination of the Aussies, but could they stumble in the all important final? We'll just have to wait and see.

Well lets have a look at the conditions for todays game: Its a bright, sunny day here at North London. A packed Lords, absolutely marvelous for cricket fans. A lot of England fans hoping for an upset in the final, will their wishes be granted? Well we'll just have to wait and see.
conditions.jpg

Now lets have a look at the pitch for this game. Well its been pretty hot for the past week or so here in North London. If you remember the in the group game between Australia and England at Lords, we mentioned about the warm conditions in North London, well things havent changed since then, but at a result of the warm temperature, today we have a pretty dusty and baked pitch, as opposed the plain and normal one we had in that earlier game. This means there will be more assist for the slower bowlers. Ashley Giles and Cameron White can really make a lot of use of this rather unusual pitch to have in English conditions. Also you might see the likes of Symonds, Clarke, Vaughan bowling a lot more overs than you would expect. Michael Clarke hasnt bowled a single over in this tournament, while Vaughan has just bowled three overs, which was in the last game here at Lords itself.
pitch.jpg

Now lets head for the toss. We have both the captains here along with the Match referee, Mr. Clive Lyold. Michael Vaughan has tossed the coin, and Ricky Ponting has called tails. Its heads, which means Vaughan has won the toss.

What you gonna do Vaughanie?

MV: We are gonna have a bat first, mate.

Is it because of how uncomfortable you guys looked chasing the Aussie target in the last game here at Lords?

MV: Not really. The pitch is pretty dusty and it'll be better to bowl on later in the game. We need to post a high score in our innings and then hope our bowlers do the job.

Well, and whats your team for today?

MV: Well, we have Hoggard and Collingwood back in the site after taking a rest in the last game, and we are pleased to have these two important players back in the side. Apart from Rikki Clarke and Ashley Giles have also been included, as a result of their perfomance in the last game. So we arent playing Pieterson, and Blackwell.

And who between Anderson and Gough?

MV: James Anderson is playing.

Okay mate and best of luck.

MV: Thanks, Cheers.

So Ricky disappointed with the losing the toss?

RP: Well had it been a test match, then i would be very disappointed, because clearly batting will become more difficult. But since this is a one day international, and a day game, I dont think its that big a deal. We'll just have to play well and restrict them to a reachable total.

Well your teams form has been amazing Ricky, everyone geed up?

RP: Yeah everyones excited. This is an important match for us, and if we win this trophy, it'll be a great achievement winning on foreign soil, and beating two top sides in England and India. And yeah, we've been playing some good cricket for some time now. We won the ICC Champions Trophy before this, and now if we can win this one, it'll be great.

And your team, Ricky?

RP: uh, we had rested some of our players for the previous games, in order to give everyone a chance to play and gain vital match experience. But we have Lee and Symonds back. Bichel retains his place in the side because of his good form in this tournament.

Well best of luck mate.

RP: Yeah thanks mate.

So we there we have it, Michael Vaughan has won the toss and has decided to bat first.

Okay now lets have a look at the teams.
teams.jpg

The dangermen
players.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread