India 57-4
S. Tendulkar 27*
S. Ganguly 9*
VVS Laxman 16

S. Harmison 1/6
M. Hoggard 1/13
A. Giles 1/25

INDIA TRAIL BY 193 RUNS

India might face the embarrasment of an innings defeat here at Edgbaston. After being bowled out for 85 in the 1st Innings, India got off to a terrible start in their 2nd innings as well, as they were made to follow on by England captain Michael Vaughan. Sehwag who was clean bowled by Hoggard in the 1st Innings, was dismissed by the same man in exactly the similar manner, but just one ball earlier, and obviously in the 2nd Innings this time. Parthiv Patel did India no good by getting himself run out. Dravid was dismissed by Steve Harmison.

pic19.jpg

indscore_close.jpg

indbatting_close.jpg

engbowling_close.jpg

Last edited:
ANALYSIS OF DAY 2 BY DAVID GOWER AND NASSER HUSSAIN

David Gower: What a day it has been for England. After scoring 335 in the 1st Innings, England dismissed India for 85, and have already reduced them to 57/4 in the 2nd Innings. A total of 19 wickets have fallen on the 2nd day. What do you have to say to that Nasser?

Nasser Hussain: Well, if you are an England fan, its been a fantastic day for you. But I think we were shown the true nature of the pitch today. This is exactly what was expected of the the pitch. Low scores, ball keeping low, and extremely difficult to score runs. I think its hats off to the likes of Thorpe and Jones, who played so well despite having to play on such a diffucult wicket. But the Indians, they havent managed to handle it. Full credit to Steve Harmison and the other England bowlers for making better use of the conditions. England now have a very good chance of an innings victory here, which will more than compensate for the Lords defeat.

David Gower: Yes, its been a dreadful day for the batsman, but its been like a party for the bowlers. Irfan Pathan was the first to strike, picking up four of the five England wickets that fell today, including that of Graham Thorpe. For England, the pick of the bowlers was Steve Harmison with another five wicket haul, and another one in the 2nd Innings. Giles has done well also, and so has Matthew Hoggard. Do you see this continuing tomorrow. Or will things ease out a bit?

Nasser Hussain: Well, this is what was expected of the pitch to be honest. I dint think the test would last more three, three and a half days. England batted well in the 1st Innings, and that could well be enough for them to win this test match and in style. Yes, I do things staying pretty much the same tomorrow as well, because the pitch is going worsen as the match progresses, and make it more and more harder for the batsman. But probably the Indian batsman, will play with a lot lot more caution tomorrow. They do have two very experienced batsman in the middle, and maybe they might just take India to respectable score. But you would have to say England have almost a 100% chance of winning this game now.

David Gower: Yes, indeed, Nasser. Well, I still havent been able to digest all that has happened today. 19 wickets in one day, absolutely unbelievable. Join us tomorrow for day 3, which could well be the last day of this test match. Till then its good bye.

Last edited:
Coming up next: (after this test match ofcourse)

The Natwest Series
England - India- Australia
10 ODI (See fixture list before)

Australia and India have announced the ODI squads. England to announce after test match.

Australia
Ricky Ponting (Captain)
Adam Gilchrist (Vice Captain) (Wk)
Matthew Hayden
Damien Martyn
Michael Clarke
Simon Katich
Ian Harvey
Andrew Symonds
Shane Watson
Andy Bichel
Cameron White
Brad Hogg
Michael Kasprowicz
Brett Lee
Glen McGrath
Jason Gillespie

Last edited:
INDIA

Saurav Ganguly (Captain)
Rahul Dravid (Vice Captain) (Wk)
VVS Laxman
Sachin Tendulkar
Virender Sehwag
Mohammad Kaif
Yuvraj Singh
Rohan Gavaskar
Parthiv Patel (Wk)
Ajit Agarkar
Harbhajan Singh
Anil Kumble
Zaheer Khan
Laxmipathy Balaji
Irfan Pathan
Ashish Nehra

Last edited:
i think who ever won the toss was going to win the match and seeing you won the toss you should have this one in the bag good luck looking forward to your natwest series hope you can do a bit better with england in your series seeing has england couldn;t even make it in to their own final good luck anyway

England have won the test match by an innings an 67 runs. match completed in 3 and half days only, largely due to the nature of the pitch and the inability of the indian batsman to adapt to it.

FULL DETAILS COMING UP

Well in your upcoming tour, which patch are you applying? I mean did you try Tutsi New patch version 6.0? I find it little diefferent from his previous patches? What you say dude?

Yeah good luck for the move mate. I'm following this tour at the .uk site so i won't bother posting the same stuff twice.

Welcome mate. And tell me one thing, for scrren capture you use Frap, I suppose and for editing you use Photoshop. Is that true mate? Thats Solve.

Users who are viewing this thread