Nrl 2009

Haha good on ya Maclovin

Storm put 40 on another finals side, if the Eels don't have Hayne we could have the most dominant final series display by a team if the Storm smash the Eels. Either way should be a cracker both sides are the form sides atm and have x-factor fullbacks. Storm are better across the park but the Eels have got this far with what they have.

Storm v Parra GF

Who is everyone going for

GO PARRA :happy:happy:happy:happy

I turned the game of after the Storm went 16-0 up. The Broncos never looked in with a chance tbh. Hayne V Slater should be good next week.

I turned the game of after the Storm went 16-0 up. The Broncos never looked in with a chance tbh. Hayne V Slater should be good next week.

I'm a Broncos fan but even I stopped watching at half time.. Expected the Storm to win.

Should be good to see if Finch puts in a big game and sticks it to the Eels.

Yea I flicked when the Storm were 16-0, Johnson's late hitting made sure I stuck to the cricket. The tries I did catch showed some real brittle Broncos defence. Those chinks were always there as we (Raiders) showed in that thrashing, its hard to see Wallace making that much of a difference in defence even though both times the thrashings occurred with him missing.

Falou has a lot of work to do over the off-season. His defense at centre can be very average.

hey it was 3 in the morning!! and i was waiting for WI vs AUS vB thread (which they never opened when i was up). this thread was right under NFL. and i am sick! =P

it was my last post of the night. lol when i came back this afternoon to look for my post on NFL thread, i was like...umm wtf happened to my post...then i was like oh no i didnt.. :facepalm

:laugh I wonder how long it will take MacLovin to notice what he's done.

The player movements for 2010.

http://www.rugbyleaguelive.com/Articles/6570/2009/09/09/Ins_and_outs_NRL_2010_player_movements_.aspx
Brisbane Broncos
Ins:
Denan Kemp (Warriors)
Outs:
David Taylor (Rabbitohs), Karmichael Hunt (AFL), Tonie Carroll (retirement)

Bulldogs
Ins:
Blake Green (Sharks), Dene Halatau (Tigers), Junior Tia Kilifi (Panthers), Mickey Paea (Dragons), Steve Turner (Storm)
Outs: Hazem El Masri (retired), Greg Eastwood (Leeds, UK Super League), Daryl Millard (Wakefield Trinity, UK), Liam Ayoub (NYC, Tigers), John Kite (Storm)

Canberra Raiders
Ins:
-
Outs:
Phil Graham (Roosters), Nigel Plum (Panthers)

Cronulla Sharks
Ins:
Paul Aiton (Panthers), Dean Collis (Tigers), Adam Cuthbertson (Sea Eagles), John Morris (Tigers), Broderick Wright (Eels), Albert Kelly (Eels, NYC), Nathan Gardner (Eels, NYC), Rodney Moefaauo (Eels, NYC), Siosaia Vave (Titans, NYC)
Outs: Ben Ross (Rabbitohs), Brett Seymour (Warriors), Atelea Vea (Storm), Fraser Anderson (Japanese Rugby), Blake Green (Bulldogs), Reni Maitua (sacked), Mitch Brown (Tigers), David Simmons (Panthers), Corey Hughes (retirement), Brett Kearney (Bradford, UK Super League)
Gold Coast Titans
Ins:
Joseph Tomane (Storm)
Outs: Daniel Conn (Roosters), Brett Delaney (Leeds), Siosaia Vave (NYC, Sharks)

Manly Sea Eagles
Ins:
Dean Whare (Dragons), Joe Galuvao (Eels), Matt Cross (Storm)
Outs: Adam Cuthbertson (Sharks), Heath L'Strange (Bradford, UK Super League), Glenn Hall (Bradford), Jared Waerea-Hargreaves (Roosters)

Melbourne Storm
Ins:
Chase Stanley (Dragons), Atelea Vea (Sharks), John Kite (Bulldogs)
Outs: Joseph Tomane (Titans), Steve Turner (Bulldogs), Will Chambers (Queensland rugby union), Arana Taumata (sacked), James Maloney (Warriors), Matt Cross (Sea Eagles)

Newcastle Knights
Ins:
Evarn Tuimavave (Warriors), Dale Verstappen (Turangawaewae NZ)
Outs: -

North Queensland Cowboys
Ins:
Shannon Gallant (Tigers), Leeson Ah Mau (Warriors), Isaak Ah Mau (Broncos), Will Tupou (Broncos)
Outs: Shane Tronc (Wakefield, UK Super League)

Parramatta Eels

Ins: Justin Poore (Dragons), Shane Shackleton (Roosters), Timana Tahu (NSW rugby union)
Outs: Josh Corboda (Hull, UK Super League), Albert Kelly (NYC, Sharks), Rodney Moefaauo (NYC, Sharks), Nathan Gardner (NYC, Sharks), Joe Galuvao (Sea Eagles), Broderick Wright (Sharks), Ray Nasso (NYC, Panthers)

Penrith Panthers
Ins:
David Simmons (Sharks), Ray Nasso (Eels, NYC), Daine Laurie (Tigers), Nigel Plum (Raiders)
Outs: Paul Aiton (Sharks), Geoff Daniela (Tigers), Junior Tia Kilifi (Bulldogs), Adam Woolnough (retiring), Junior Moors (Tigers)

South Sydney Rabbitohs
Ins:
David Taylor (Broncos), Ben Ross (Sharks), coach John Lang
Outs:
David Fa’alogo (UK Super League), Craig Wing (Japanese rugby), Eddie Paea (Sharks NSW Cup), Michael Greenfield (Dragons), coach Jason Taylor (sacked)
St George-Illawarra Dragons
Ins:
Michael Greenfield (Rabbitohs), Peni Tagive (Tigers)
Outs: Justin Poore (Eels), Chase Stanley (Storm), Dean Whare (Sea Eagles), Micky Paea (Bulldogs)

Sydney Roosters
Ins:
Jared Waerea-Hargreaves (Sea Eagles), Daniel Conn (Titans), JP du Plessis (South African rugby union), Aidan Guerra (Storm), Phil Graham (Raiders), Todd Carney (Atherton Roosters, Qld)
Outs: Craig Fitzgibbon (Hull, UK Super League), Jordan Tansey (Hull), Shane Shackleton (Eels), Iosia Soliola (St Helens, UK Super League), Mark O'Meley (Hull, UK Super League)

New Zealand Warriors
Ins:
James Maloney (Storm), Brett Seymour (Sharks)
Outs: Michael Witt (New Zealand rugby union), Stacey Jones (retiring), Denan Kemp (Broncos), Evarn Tuimavave (Knights), Leeson Ah Mau (Cowboys)

Wests Tigers
Ins:
Geoff Daniela (Panthers), Mitch Brown (Sharks), Tame Tupou (Bradford Bulls, UK Super League), Arana Taumata (Melbourne Storm), Liam Ayoub (Tigers, NYC), Junior Moors (Panthers), Mark Flanagan (Wigan)
Outs: Dean Collis (Sharks), John Morris (Sharks), Shannon Gallant (Cowboys), Peni Tagive (Dragons), Dene Halatau (Bulldogs), Daine Laurie (Panthers)

Cronulla have spent big there! Interesting to see last and second last have brought probably the most but whether it will make a difference or not idk.

Worked for the Dogs :p
Roosters will have a good halves combo but their pack has taken a hit. The Sharks without the off field drama could have a good season, their signings aren't big name ones so they will need to do what the Storm do and get the best out of alright players.

Arana Taumata to the Tigers, epic lolz.

You'd think second chances were enough to prove a point :sarcasm

Worked for the Dogs :p
Roosters will have a good halves combo but their pack has taken a hit. The Sharks without the off field drama could have a good season, their signings aren't big name ones so they will need to do what the Storm do and get the best out of alright players.

Aiton, Collis, Cuthbertson and Morris aren't hacks. They are all good players.

John Morris is solid, you just don't want him playing halfback. Dean Collis on the other hand is done. He's a shadow of his former (or pontential) self.

Aiton, Collis, Cuthbertson and Morris aren't hacks. They are all good players.

I wouldn't call them big name ones though, I was more trying to compare it to what the Dogs did by recruiting Ennis and Hannant which none of those players are even near.

Users who are viewing this thread