Nrl 2009

Gah, we were so close. Have to hand it to the Eels though, they played very well. It's a shame we lost Patten early on but I don't really think that would of mattered that much, well it might of but I'm not one to make excuses. Kimmorley was rather poor and I thought Ennis was fairly average. Eastwood was fantastic though, he would of made 150+ at least. He was very damaging up the middle. Hazem had a good last game too, he played pretty well at FB for most of the game. Feel sorry for him though, he looked really devastated.

Good turnaround from last season but in the end it means nothing.

As for the Eels, they're going to have to prey that Hayne doesn't get suspended. I doubt he will tbh, the NRL isn't going to let that happen. Goodluck to them though.

If Hayne was a Storm or Broncos he probably would be suspended, given what happened to Smith last season. Anderson sure knows how to bring that play whats in front of you style, the Warriors were the king of that back in the day now the Eels are the king. And it seems to work as hes taken yet another side to the GF. If it rains that might stuff up the Eels chances.

I don't care if we lost or not, the box seat experience was EPIC!

But looking back, our 2nd half performance was really hapless. The last team we attacked the Eels line with a good chance of scoring, ended in a turnover with Idris knocking on ... and that was in the 55th-60th minute. Our 5th tackle options didn't help as well.

Overall, season 2009 was extremely positive. We turned from Wooden Spooners to premiership contenders. But it'll be interesting to see how our lineup fairs with El Masri. Who will be kicking anyway? Ennis or Turner?

I would say Ennis would be kicking. Was the first choice kicker at St George for a while. Really good kicker.

I've heard Bryson Goodwin is a real gun goal-kicker, apparently he out-kicked Hazem at the start of the year.

Ennis would be it, he did a bit of goal kicking this season but good to know about Goodwin will keep that in mind for next year's fantasy comps :p

I can only see the Storm stopping the Eels with Hayne, Broncos without a halfback will lack direction and struggle to break the Eels defence while their defence will struggle to contain the Eels.

I still think the Eels have a few problems out wide, the likes of Inu and Grothe can make some very bad defensive reads. I'm picking the Broncos to win tonight for a 6th V 8th grand final.

I can't see the Broncos winning without Wallace. The Storm have less pressure on them this season with the Eels dream run and the favourites exiting early.

Storm to make the finals for the 3rd time in a row, I just don't really see Broncos troubling them without Wallace. Sure they did go without him when he was injured but we all know how that went.

It would actually be their fourth time in a row ;) Quite amazing really.

:laugh I wonder how long it will take MacLovin to notice what he's done.

Users who are viewing this thread