Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan - World's best singer and composer.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
These days I have started to listen Nusrat Sahib alot and I recommend all of you to listen this great man.

Last edited by a moderator:

6ry4nj

International Coach
These days I have started to listen Nusrat Sahib alot and I recommend all of you to listen this great man.

Honestly, what was it about this performance that you liked? Was it really the singing of Ali Khan and the composition of the song? Or was it the atmosphere of the occasion?

I thought the singing was competent but not terribly 'professional'. I can't really comment on the lyrics, except to say that a song without religious absolutist sentiments will beat a 'holier-than-thou' song any day of the week. The music was catchy, but I find it hard to believe that it represents a pinnacle even in subcontinental music, let alone in music generally.

Personally I think Freddie Mercury was the greatest singer I ever heard. As for composers, that is more purely a matter of taste. My current favourite is Ben Folds.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Far from it. Both are a matter of personal opinion ONLY. For me, the best singer is Hariharan and the best music composer is AR Rahman. But I dont consider them the world's best and all. Just that I like them the most from what I've heard of world music.

The Rock

County Cricketer
Btw his son Rahat Fateh Ali Khan is quite good too.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well, he can only sing is Sufi. But whatever you say, he is an icon.

Lol the only reason I didn't posted more in this thread was that most of the people here don't have knowledge related to Nusrat Fateh Ali. Do a little research as whether he was only a sufi or folk singer or he was the one who did a great fusion by mixing Jazz and Pop Music with Classical genres like Ghazal, Thumri, Qawali etc etc.
He is the only singer from subcontinent who was as popular in USA and Europe as he was in subcontinent.

Users who are viewing this thread